“was not impressed” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Mission Valley Resort

You added Mission Valley Resort to your Saves list
Mission Valley Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   875 Hotel Circle South, San Diego, CA 92108 (Mission Valley / Hotel Circle)   |
Ranked #235 of 271 Hotels in San Diego
“was not impressed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

The male clerk at the front desk was extremley helpful. There were several things wrong with the room. I was very grateful we were not in there except to sleep. I think this could be a charming hotel if maintenence would fix up the rooms. I recommend making sure the t.v channels work, windows are not broken, and paint or wash the walls. I would not choose this pace again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

The place is great because of the gym and pools, but the best thing was the treat from Kimmy, she's very kind and polite. We get a litle lost to get here but still was worth it haha and i don't know what else to say the suite have microwave and refrigerator ..

• Stayed July 2014
Yuma, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

We just returned from our stay! I was fearful of my choice upon reading the reviews. I was pleasantly surprised. Chris and Aaron gave excellent service. The location was great for all our activities. This hotel is on older property, I can excuse the "old" for great guest service, clean room and a very comfortable bed. I will be choosing the hotel for my next visit to San Diego.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
mvrgm, General Manager at Mission Valley Resort, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
Thank you for your comments, You have a great understanding of what the Mission Valley Resort is all about. We are an older clean property that cares about our guest and wants them to enjoy their time with us. We are moderately priced to help our guest feel that they are getting a great value for a hotel in the heart of San Diego. Thanks again!
Montclair, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

We have had great times at MVR...Our experiences (5) I believe now, have all been good. Due to budgetary issues, to get away for a long weekend, it needs to be within a certain distance, and San Diego is the perfect place to come to. Our room has always been just fine, very nice in fact. The mattress is new and very comfortable, and the safe was not broken. Also, there has never, even been any type of bug issues...Not once! We enjoy going to the MVR Tavern in the evening for drinks, great music, great people, Hot Spot, Pool, etc. The bartenders, Avery and Matt rock! Renee is great too! The restaurant is the best! Management rocks too, as Mike Hensley really cares, and I think it shows. Thanks for everything!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your honest feedback. I belive you have a great understanding of the Mission Valley Resort.
Great location, Great value and a great staff.
We look forward to your return!
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

We stayed at this hotel in june 2014 the room was in average condition, could be alot cleaner. our safe didnt work and when we requested for it to be repaired the receptionist said they will send someone to fix it, when the maintenance man arrived he informed us that all the safes in the resort were broken.
the hotel is in an average location, the free wi-fi didn't work 90% of the time.

Room Tip: Apparently they have newer nicer rooms maybe ask for one, otherwise stay away
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments. My apologies for the challenges you faced while at the Mission Valley Resort. Since your stay we located and fixed the wifi reception, we had a faulty repeater and it has been replaced. As for the in-room safes, we are replacing them as needed and i will review your challenge with the Maintenance team. We can replace the in-room safes. Thank you again for your comments, I hope that you will give us another chance to make a better impression.
Westchester County, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

We have made reservation in this hotel for Aug, but now that i have read too many bad reviews how Am i going to trust. I am afraid now, hope the management give me a feed back and make feel comfortable so I don't change my mind. The most important things for me are cleanness, AC working, fresh towels every day, courtesy stuff etc.....
Thanks!! Please help with advice.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Hello, please call on me directly. I will be happy to review your reservation and confirm no challenges when my guest at the Mission Valley Resort. I can see why you are confused, there are many travelers that like the hotel for the value and friendly staff. Others are challenged by the expectation of a high end resort for bargain prices. Answer is we are a older property with clean older style rooms at great value. I belive you will enjoy your stay. Thank you,
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I was pleasantly greeted by a gentleman who offered to upgrade me( to my surprise) to a suite. So of course I happily agreed to get a "better" room than the 2 double bed I reserved for the same price. Imagine my surprise to find that there was 1 king bed in the room. It did offer a terrible couch with a nasty uncomfortable spring mattress for the kids though... an no shower only a Jacuzzi tub! We had to get our room switched and they again gave us another room with only 1 bed. It was too late at this point though and the gentleman who had previously been nice to us was rude and short.. apparently we asked for too much. The next day we finally got switch to the room I am pretty sure was one I had initially reserved only after asking for a refund so we could switch hotels. After that it was a constant battle to get more than 2 towels sent to the room for 4 people and wash cloths were unheard of because they were always out. This is no 3 star hotel... I am not even sure I would give it a 1!

Room Tip: I would not stay here again if some one paid me!!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments. My apologies for the challenges you faced while checking into a room type that you had requested. Our intent is to give all of our guests the room type requested and i apolgize for not doing that. I will meet with our Front Office Team to mae sure we all understand the importance of give our guests want they want.
Thank you again for your comments, i hope that you give us another chance sometime to make a better impression.

Been to Mission Valley Resort? Share your experiences!