“Not too bad” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Mission Valley Resort

You added Mission Valley Resort to your Saves list
Mission Valley Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   875 Hotel Circle South, San Diego, CA 92108 (Mission Valley / Hotel Circle)   |
Ranked #233 of 273 Hotels in San Diego
Lisbon, Portugal
“Not too bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

If you are traveling low budget this can be an option. You pay less than in some B&B or hostels, you have average comfort. It is not overcrowded and you can get a relaxing time. It has a fitness center, with several options. The location is easy to reach if you have a car, you can be everywhere in the San Diego area in few minutes time.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

This is by far the worse experience I ever had staying at a hotel. The picture on their site are very deceiving the hotel is in very bad shape the double rooms are tiny and has insect. I book this hotel for 2 nights and paid $130.00 per night the second day when I came into the room it wasn't done only one bed was made, the only towels there where the wet towels that they did not even care to pick up; when I complain to the front desk, they sent a guy who brought us towels but said housekeeping was gone for the day and it was not his job to clean the room, I went to the front desk and it got worse the young girl said "you have clean towels right? So what do you want us to do?" I asked to talk to a manager and she said all managers were on vacations due to the 4th of July Holliday, I was outrage because after that I got a phone call from the front desk accusing me of having 7 people in that puny room which it was not true at all. I decided not to stay there and any longer. When I was checking out other couples were there complaining about their rooms not been made as well it was 7pm so if they want their room clean they have to do it themselves because they had nobody there to help them.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Fort Irwin, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I wish I could rate this place less than terrible! I booked a night here for a family trip to the San Diego Zoo. The website made it look like a nice play to stay. SO DECEIVING! We arrived at check in but had to leave and return later so that they could clean our room. There was trash and abandoned vehicles all around the property. The room was disgusting. We had brought our baby who was crawling and after a couple minutes on the floor his knees were black. There were smears on the walls, the paint was flaking, the bathtub wouldn't drain and the nasty water would back up around your feet while showering. I took my kids to the pool which was full of drunk rowdy partiers, acting inappropriately, from a wedding reception that was going on on the property. The walls of the room were very thin, which is typical of many hotels, but this was ridiculous! The people in the room next to us were partying loudly all night. About 1am I heard someone yell "Everyone get out now!". I jumped out of bed to gather my family thinking that it was an emergency only to find that it was the manager confronting the loud partiers. After we all got settled back in bed here comes repeated banging on the door next to us. This times it was the cops removing everyone from the room. At check out I requested a refund but was told I'd have to take it up with the online website that I booked through. I took it up with them and it too them MONTHS to get me my money back because the hotel would not cooperate with them. This place is in NO way the "resort" that they depict. Don't fall for it! This place should be shut down!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Lakewood, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Never again!! This place was horrible... Got to the room only to find toilet water all over the bathroom, we called the front desk to tell them and all they said was that we had to deal with it. There was nothing they could do. Housekeeping also left dirty towels behind and when they came by to pick up the dirty towels we asked for clean ones she just rolled her eyes at us. spiders everywhere... there was also a wooden chair in the room that was broken.
Customer Service sucked! We tried to get another room somewhere else but everything was booked. this place is horrible i wouldn't recommend it.

The pictures they have posted on there website are so not how it is. disappointing!

Room Tip: Don't go by pictures!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
White Lake, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I recently had my wedding reception at Mission Valley Resort and was absolutely blown away! I live out of state(in Michigan) so, as you can imagine, I was a little worried about how the long distance planning was going to go. Alex, the catering manager, was a joy to work with and made the 2,500 miles between us seem like nothing. We communicated through e-mail and he was always very prompt with answers to my questions and updating my requests. He even made my special requests so simple for me.

My husband and I grew up in San Diego and are very aware of how expensive things are out there. A year ago we spent a couple nights at a resort on mission bay for a family member's wedding...we paid more than double for the room each night and had to pay $20 per night per car for parking. On top of the outrageous expense we still found trash under the beds and unknown pills scattered around the already cluttered room! Mission Valley Resort on the other hand was clean and affordable. Parking is always free and the staff is so accommodating! If you're looking for a very modern/uppity hotel then this is not your place, but it is nice and laid back. I would recommend this venue to any of my family or friends.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We will never stay at this "resort" again. It is definitely not a resort. We did get a good rate for a last minute reservation in San Diego, but were disappointed as the photos are misleading. It is run down and poorly maintained, it's even worse inside of the rooms than on the exterior property.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Wixom, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Gross... very run-down and old. Cleanliness of rooms and bathroom were lacking. We showed up 15 minutes prior to checkin and had to wait. Once we got to rooms we were greeted by the room service food and dishes sitting outside. We chased a few bugs out of room... will never stay here again...

• Stayed June 2013