“Good service, clean & comfortable” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mission Valley Resort

You added Mission Valley Resort to your Saves list
Mission Valley Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   875 Hotel Circle South, San Diego, CA 92108 (Mission Valley / Hotel Circle)   |
Ranked #234 of 271 Hotels in San Diego
Drain, Oregon, USA
“Good service, clean & comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Older hotel - room could use some renovating but overall it was clean with comfortable bed & hot shower-pressure only ok. We had reserved superior king near pool & hot tub which was not available for full week that we were there but they upgraded us to 2 Q suite. Still close to hot tub. Helping aunt move so needed this! Having kitchenette was great! Terrible wireless & poor TV.

Room Tip: Look at site map to choose room. Certain bldg are closer to pool/spa.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Rosarito, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is an older property and the rooms are small and nothing special, definitely not 3 star quality due to room size/quality and minor maintenance issues in the bathroom (photos attached.) I looked at 106 first and is seemed dingy, lights did not work and the phone did not even work to call and ask for another room. I was moved to room 818, which was about the same size but near the pool. The grounds are sprawling and lovely, and considering the price, it would be a great place for an event with reasonable room rates for guests. I booked through the hotel's website and the rate was around $62 for AAA members, and only $2 more to include breakfast for two (and a room upgrade if available, I was told it was not available.) I was very pleasantly surprised with the breakfast, which consisted of $10 vouchers at the restaurant on property, and the front desk clerk was kind enough to give us a voucher for our 3 year old son as well. So, we had $30 credit at the restaurant, and the food was excellent. My husband and I both had sirloin, eggs, hash browns and toast, and it was all great, especially the large, thick, tender piece of steak! My son had pancakes, which were also great. This added so much value that with this package I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

I must say that i really love staying here. Clean, staff is friendly and the manager Jaime Gonzales the manager maintains everything in a professional manner. Really friendly and i decided that im will be coming back very soon. Thank you mission valley resort.

• Stayed January 2013
Temecula, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I have admit, this place really impressed me. The grounds were so well keep! The resort is much larger than I expected! I love the fact that it has a restaurant on the resort. Every morning, I walked down there for coffee & breakfast. The food was wonderful & the service was great.

The hotel was clean & quiet!!! The pool & spa was perfectly clean, and the spa was nice & hot! The staff was very friendly!

Bottom line: Excellent price, Excellent rooms, Excellent staff, Excellent pool & spa, Excellent grounds! I will be coming back again & again!
Thank you Mission Valley Resort for making our stay in San Diego wonderful!!

Room Tip: For a King Room: 600 building!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Came back to San Diego for New Year's Day and a wedding on the 4th. Had stayed at the hotel years ago and the property looked great from photos to even arriving at the hotel/resort. Then everything went sideways. First room we were assigned was to be non-smoking and was the furthest thing from it. Fortunately, the front desk clerk Monica resolved that problem very efficiently and quickly.

The next room was what we had booked, non-smoking king. The disappoint was the size of the bathroom to say horrible at best with the placement of sink and toilet. Then there was the TV and internet service which were both non-existent. Took three days to get a remote and only thanks to Monica did it finally get resolved. Now admittedly we were out of the room from 7:30 AM to 10 PM or so each day but some of us like to relax before we sleep with a little TV and check our email. For a supposed wireless internet, there was zero connection anywhere. Only one channel came in clear but at least it wasn't a news channel.

The best thing about the trip was Monica. She put up with me each day about a problem and did it with a smile and no condescending remarks. It is a beautiful place with a great heated pool, a so-so restaurant, nice little bar, great help at least from the front desk but not rooms that are really not designed for any comfort including the bed where you sunk in to for anyone.

As to price, not much different from any other similar place close.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at this location a few times over the past few months. The rooms are nice and the staff was very nice and helpfully. The office manager Jaime Gonzalez was great in making sure I enjoyed my stay. I will be back soon.

• Stayed December 2012
Irwindale, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I have stayed at Mission Valley Resort many times as well as other hotels on hotel circle, mainly for business. I usually try and stay at MVR because of the great rates for the rooms that you get along with having everything you need close by.
A recent stay was below my expectations. I expressed my concerns with the staff and manager and right away they went above and beyond to make sure that I was happy. I am very pleased with the level of customer service they provided and will continue making MVR my first choice when traveling to San Diego for business and pleasure.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Mission Valley Resort? Share your experiences!