“Never again!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Mission Valley Resort

You added Mission Valley Resort to your Saves list
Mission Valley Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   875 Hotel Circle South, San Diego, CA 92108 (Mission Valley / Hotel Circle)   |
Ranked #230 of 270 Hotels in San Diego
Californis
“Never again!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2008

First off, let me say that normally I take most reviews with a "grain of salt" so to speak. I should have listened to the negative reviews on this site & stayed somewhere else. Let me also say that I have stayed at 5 star hotels and also Motel 6. This resort makes Motel 6 look like a 5 star hotel!

My wife & I were in town for a charity event so I booked a room for 2 nights via the hotel website & checked in on 4/11/08. Upon entering the stuffy lobby, the absence of air conditioning is very apparent & was replaced by the sound of an electric fan. I started to wonder what type of establishment we were in when I was given directions to our room and told to turn right at the mini mart.

Upon opening the door to the room we were immediately met with a strong musty smell. The feeling you get upon entering the room is that this is a place where you need to think twice about removing you shoes and walking around in your socks or bare feet. The carpet was wrinkled and old. The TV remote was sitting in a pile of crude on one of the night stands. The paint on the celing had seen its better days and was mostly peeling. The wallpaper had holes in it & was also peeling. The bathroom had hair on the ceiling above the shower. The bathroom vanity had also seen it's better days & was in sad shape. The bathroom light fixture was rusty & had 4 light bulbs - 2 of which worked. the bathroom was so small that if one person is using the toilet, no one else can enter the room. When I placed the phone book on the writing/
sitting desk, the phone book stuck to the top of the desk.

We were forced to stay at this "resort" for one night as all of the other local hotels were sold out. First thing the next morning we checked out & found another hotel to stay at for the remainder of our trip. No one asked why we were checking out early & no one seemed to care. Had the room rate been $50.00 per night then this would have been a situation of "you get what you pay for". When you are paying $144.00 per night, I at least expect a clean room in decent shape.

You have been warned. Don't say I didn't tell you NOT to stay here!!!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Fredonia, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2008

I would like to say thank you to all the staff at the hotel, It was
a wonderful week. The service was great, we had everything
and anything we needed. My room was facing the court yard
and it was very nice, I just loved all the palm trees. And the rooms
were very clean and nice. The room service was great. I would
go back again and again.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
leparissa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2008

the hotel manager was willing to upgrade our room without any additional cost, this was a blessing on our 1st year anniversary. Thanks again, Mr. Araya

• Liked — Spacious room and easy access internet
  • Disliked — Small bathroom
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2008

Ideally located in hotel circle, this hotel has really mastered what great customer satisfaction is all about. The last several times that my family has been there the cleanliness, the service, and the homey feeling has kept us returning to Mission Valley Resort.
Pet friendly, but super clean and no odors leading guests to know this. There is one resident who makes this resort his home, it is easy to see why. If my son is accepted to the UCSD graduate program we would like to make this hotel his residence as well. A nice 24 hour coffee shop and a gas station and a liquort store are on the premises. Very convenient, and secure. A must stay.

Stayed January 2008
Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2008

My husband and I stayed at Mission Valley Resort in January. We had a lovely time there! The rooms were clean and spacious (we upgraded to a Superior room) which also had a private balcony overlooking the courtyard. I liked that they use Bath and Bodyworks toiletries it was a nice change. There is a pool in the courtyard with a very nice seating area around it (it was a little too chilly to swim). There's a Frog Fitness center onsite and free of charge. The front desk was very helpful ( thank you so much Christian) and accomodating. The first two nights we booked through a booking agent, but found it cheaper to book through the hotel's own website (there was at the time a free room upgrade on their website). All in all we would happily stay there again and reccomend it to others.

• Liked — It had a lovely courtyard and was very centrally located.
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Fresno, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2008

I participated in a class there and even though the property IS dated, it is overall kept up & clean. The staff was just wonderful and accomodating in our requests for extra towels, late check-out, etc. The room rate was excellent compared to surrounding hotels. There is no charge for parking, which is convenient to the rooms and the restaurant on premises is excellent...they make there own homemade soups and sauces and except for the dated and somewhat shabby appearance of the place, the food is great and reasonably priced. Try the spanish omelet or the huevos rancheros- both really good. Restaurant is open 24 hours which was a big plus.

Again, the "resort" is dated and although well maintained and clean, the place could use some sprucing up. Also note that as far as I could figure out there were not any elevators despite 2nd floor rooms and meeting rooms. The meeting room was upstairs which did pose a problem for some people. If you are looking for value, no frills type of place with a lot of convenience this is the place!

• Liked — Service of staff
  • Disliked — No elevators
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2008

I'd guess this resort was build before property got expensive as they have a lot of space and lots of old trees. It gave them enough space to keep it pretty quiet even though they were fairly close to the freeway. Easy acess.

Close to Trader Joes and Fry's Electronics. Works for us!

Office and Restaruant staff were personable. Not distant. Good.

Food was good quality. Usual breakfast menu. There again staff was above average.

We'd stay there again without hesitation.

• Liked — The service, The quiet, Close to activities.
  • Disliked — I'd like to have had the time to try the evening restaraunt.
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Mission Valley Resort? Share your experiences!