“Wonderful Accomodations by Mission Valley Resort” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mission Valley Resort

You added Mission Valley Resort to your Saves list
Mission Valley Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   875 Hotel Circle South, San Diego, CA 92108 (Mission Valley / Hotel Circle)   |
Ranked #230 of 270 Hotels in San Diego
San Diego, California
“Wonderful Accomodations by Mission Valley Resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

My family and I sold our house and needed an extended stay until we purchased a new property. We came upon staying at Mission Valley Resort for a sweet deal of $30 a night online. The first night we stayed was fine, its wasn't top of the line status but just fine.

My mother has a severe dust allergy(dust mites) that has to be watched or she can get sick fairly quickly. Everytime we go to an older hotel this allergy acts up. After the first night of my mother feeling sick, we addressed the front desk of my mothers situation and Chris and Monica were so friendly and helpful for my mothers needs. They moved us into a cleaner and bigger room for our extended stay and after the first night of staying in the new room, my mothers allergies started to subside.

We really appreciated Chris and Monica's immediate help and concern. The two of them are often on duty and made sure everything was continuing to go well during our stay and I have not been treated this way at a 4 star hotel before so I give The Mission Valley Resort Hotel a 5 start especially with Chris and Monica helping out the guests.

Thank you for a pleasant stay and we will be coming back if we ever need a place to stay!

Room Tip: Choose a room closest to the main pool by the lobby!!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

This is not a resort. It's a lower end motel. The rooms are descent, but they could be cleaned much better. The bathroom had a ton of ants and some gross red stuff all over the walls. The pool area is alright. Not bad, not great. Jacuzzi is nice and large.

There is free internet, but it's probably free because it doesn't work. When it works, it is worse than 1995 dial up. If you need internet, which many people do today, DON'T stay here.

Many of the other guests seem like they are druggies or transient. There was a shooting at this motel in November. That kinda gives you a feel for the type of place this is.

I found it for less than $25 on Hotwire. If you can get a room for under $25 then I think you won't be too disappointed. I definitely would not pay more than that.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Ontario, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Upon arriving at the Mission Valley Resort, I wasn’t impressed but I made a go of it anyway. When entering the room, there were some things that weren’t that aesthetically pleasing; however, I wasn’t expecting glitz and glamour for the price so it didn’t bother me. What the hotel lacked in looks it undoubtedly made up for in customer service. There is a small convenience store on site, which comes in handy if you don’t want to drive into town to get any last minute items that you had forgotten to pack. There is also a restaurant there that we found the nicest server, Barbara, at. The housekeepers were undoubtedly pleasant and the groundskeepers that live on site were very quick to offer assistance when they saw the hood of our car up. If I were to stay in the San Diego area again on a budget, I would most definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Bullhead CIty, AZ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

The positives about this hotel are location on hotel circle in San Diego, a serviceable restaurant on the property, good internet access, as well as a nice lounge. The negatives are the limitations on cable channels on the TV, which is an important aspect for many guest. The only news/business station available is CNN; and otherwise most of the other stations are local sports and network stations. Rooms are comfortable, and it is worth it to pay the extra few dollars for a balcony over the pool.

Stayed November 2012
Tecate
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

This property resembles a motel - not at all a resort feel. OK for my purposes but I certainly would try another inexpensive place to stay if I had to be in San Diego for a few days again. Internet was very slow and non-existent frequently. It didn't improve even after reporting the difficulty to guest services.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Huffman, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We received a free stay at this hotel. Not worth a free stay we left. Smelled of mold, carpets dirty and throughout the day homeless with their beer bottles and skateboarders in the parking lot. Why they call it a resort is beyond me. The freeway is feet away. We let. Would not recommend

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

My girlfriend and I just checked in to this large and pretty decent "resort" to celebrate our 2 year anniversary. We got it thinking with a budget and not expecting much. Our first room was kind an eye sore, I went to guest services and talked with Chris, explained what I saw and without criticism or judgment, he apologized and gave us a room that was very well put together. I think when you have a good experience with experienced staff it makes things allot brighter, because after I walked out I couldnt stop thinking about how cute this place was. Thanks! Definitely would recommend AND return.

Room Tip: Spend a tad more for the larger rooms, you'll like them muuuuuch better.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Mission Valley Resort? Share your experiences!