I stayed at a Bay front balcony room for seval nights and I could not have been more pleased with the view or the space of the room. It was a working vacation and I thought the noise levels from the pool below would be a distraction; it wasn't. The sliding door was excellently noise proof.
I enjoyed the amenities although I was pretty disappointed there was no bathtub. Oh well. I guess this hotel really is meant for conventioneers. But the location on the marina is unbeatable nd the hotel is walking distance to whatever you want ( Gaslamp, Seaport Village, marina).
Detriments: Self parking is confusing; there are no signs that direct you and there is nobody to answer our questions. The drinks at the Tequila lounge are superb; the food is not. I ordered a surf n turf and was astonished at what they label meat. I wouldn't serve it to my dog.
Worst is the room service. Avoid it at all costs. I picked up the phone to order a sandwich. The person on the other end said okay and was bout to hang up! I alerted her, asking Don't you want to know which sandwich I want? She finally did and I got my correct sandwich delivered to my room. Little did I realize there was an eight (8) dollar service charge. That sandwich cost me $22. Greed. Pure and simple greed.
The hotel promised there woud be a bill under my door on check out day. There was none. So guess ho had to go downstairs and wait in a hundred person line t the front desk for his bill? You guessed it. Me.
Overall, I would return, if only for the view. I'll ember to not order anything edible from the hotel, lest thy charge me $8 for "convenience."
Note to hotel: there is a limit to what your customers will pay for convenient service. And you dance all over it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The centerpiece of the inspiring San Diego Bay, the San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina is a premier San Diego, CA hotel. With 1,360 guest rooms, 75,000 sq ft of meeting space, a 446-slip marina & an environment that easily transitions from dynamic meetings to resort-style relaxation, the San Diego hotel is a welcome escape. Adjacent to the San Diego Convention Center and steps from the Gaslamp Quarter, our downtown San Diego, CA hotel’s location provides convenient access to championship golf and popular attractions like the San Diego Zoo, Sea World San Diego and LEGOLAND California. Experience a grand sense of arrival in the new lobby our San Diego hotel & personalized service from our dedicated staff. Unwind in a renovated guest room with sweeping bay views. From a state-of-the-art fitness center, to an enticing new pool area, to top-notch cuisine at our waterfront restaurants, it all comes together for an authentic downtown San Diego experience, only at the San Diego Marquis & Marina. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Marriott, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Hotel.de so you can book your San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina Hotel San Diego
- San Diego Marriott Marquis And Marina
- Marriott San Diego