Stayed At San Diego Marriott Marquis from June 30 - July 3.
Very nice - Of note:
1. The registration desk is insufficiently staffed; you have to wait. There are two lines - one for regular people and another line for super human beings or something where they get more benefits. But on a Sunday early eve had to wait about 20 to 30 minutes. The registration area is not set up for more than a few people at the desk. There was one person for the regular people group and two for the super-duper group. Businessman behind me lookedd liked he was going to blow a gasket.
Not good Marriott and not typical of Marriott hotels.
2. Cleanliness Yes very
3. Bartender at outside bar - young with hair combed in a little peak - excellent and welcoming. Latino gentleman - did not get name - terrific.
4. Marriott mattresses are so soft with the mattress top they put on.
5. Would be nice to have shower caps in room instead of having to ask for them.
6. Arrangement with Hertz is far better than over at the next door Hyatt - You pick up and drop off right at the front. Hyatt you have to turn it in at the top of a deserted garage with very limited guidance of what to do with keys or mileage - not a human around - very nice lady at desk in lobby - but exactly what you are supposed to do with the car is unclear - Marriott far better.
7. Heated pool wonderful.
8. Grab and go and Starbucks there very helpful.
9. Valets at the front have a "give me a big tip for saying hello" look. Otherwise, staff are great.
10. Room service excellent and precise down to the the exact order. On time and efficient.
11. Housekeeping staff efficient and very pleasant, helpful, and friendly.
12. Internet free zones should be in rooms - not just lobby and by pool.