The nice thing about Marriott is that you know what you're going to get, clean, quiet, and nice location. This hotel is no exception.
The room was clean and nice, nothing special but spacious and accomodating. The balcony with the "Bay View" (north tower) was spectacular. Unfortunately I never got a photo. The hotel is right across from the convention center, which is why I came to San Diego. They have a dry walkway since it insisted on raining several days. They have a very nice (but expensive) breakfast buffet downstairs. The hotel has several restaurants on site but is also close to the Gaslamp district (walk up either 4th or 5th street for lots of choices) or Seaport Village (didn't love the food anywhere but the views are gorgeous). Their concierge service helped us out a lot, and cheerfully. They have a water ferry that goes over to Coranado island for $6/each way. We took the shuttle back from the Hotel Del Coranado to the Marriott on the way back for $24. Internet (no WiFi) is $9.95/day and supposedly includes local and long distance calling although I never used that.
On a separate note, I found taxi's to be rather expensive in San Diego overall. This was a $20 ride from the airport and from the hotel up to Mission Beach area I paid over $30 each way with tip. After being spoiled in NYC the week before it was difficult to adjust. Luckily this hotel is close to many restaurants and attractions, in this town that's worth it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The centerpiece of the inspiring San Diego Bay, the San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina is a premier San Diego, CA hotel. With 1,360 guest rooms, 75,000 sq ft of meeting space, a 446-slip marina & an environment that easily transitions from dynamic meetings to resort-style relaxation, the San Diego hotel is a welcome escape. Adjacent to the San Diego Convention Center and steps from the Gaslamp Quarter, our downtown San Diego, CA hotel’s location provides convenient access to championship golf and popular attractions like the San Diego Zoo, Sea World San Diego and LEGOLAND California. Experience a grand sense of arrival in the new lobby our San Diego hotel & personalized service from our dedicated staff. Unwind in a renovated guest room with sweeping bay views. From a state-of-the-art fitness center, to an enticing new pool area, to top-notch cuisine at our waterfront restaurants, it all comes together for an authentic downtown San Diego experience, only at the San Diego Marquis & Marina. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz, AAA Travel Services, BookIt.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina Hotel San Diego
- San Diego Marriott Marquis And Marina
- Marriott San Diego