The Service Academy Career Conference (SACC) event brought me and my colleagues to San Diego and the Machester Grand for 3 days, 3 nights in August. We were lucky to have the ability to enjoy some of what San Diego and the hotel had to offer while there on business.
The hotel is located within walking distance to the Gaslamp District, Petco Park, and is adjacent to a small outdoor mall with restaurants and shops. You can walk or take a pedicab to just about anywhere - we only used a real cab to and from the airport and to the San Diego Zoo.
The hotel has two pools - a quiet, adult pool and a general pool. We spent some time at the general pool and there were a lot of people and it was a busy place. The chairs are packed in close and get there early to get a good spot. We then took advantage to work by the adult pool and it was much quieter and more relaxing, with a lot more space and beautiful views. There is drink and food service to the pool and both chairs and little cabanas available for use.
The rooms are fantastic. The bathroom is large and the beds are comfortable. The first night we had an adjoining room with one room having a queen/king sized bed and the other two double beds and it was great. We moved down the hall for the remaining two nights and the rooms were just as good. The view was INCREDIBLE! We had gorgeous views of the marina, Petco Park, and Coranado. It was so wonderful to wake up each morning to see the ocean and the city. The one suggestion I would make is that they need to upgrade the TVs - both TVs I had were terrible, old tube TVs and one remote didn't work well.
Service / Restaurants:
The customer service was fantastic for both our stay and during the SACC event. We ate at the buffet breakfast and it was decent - not sure it was worth the money the company spent to have it there. The lunch for the SACC event was also okay - however, they didn't set up enough seating that we had reserved so we had some people with no place to sit and eat.
The restaurant is so close to so many excellent restaurants that I highly suggest getting out and trying some of them.
We had a wonderful time in San Diego and with our stay at the Manchester Grand. We enjoyed having a drink at night at the top of the hotel which offers wonderful views of the city and Coranado Island. The rooms were comfortable, the adult pool was inviting, and I look forward to returning for either work or pleasure.
- Also Known As:
- Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego Hotel
- Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego Hotel San Diego
- Hyatt San Diego
- Manchester Grand Hyatt
- San Diego Hyatt
- Manchester Hyatt San Diego
- Grand Hyatt San Diego
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Under new ownership. The Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego is the ultimate waterfront urban hotel and spa and largest waterfront building on the West Coast rising high on the magnificent San Diego Bay. Panoramic bay and city views welcome you in all of our 1628 newly renovated guestrooms including 76 suites. A 25,000 sq/ft roof top pool deck overlooks San Diego Bay and has 2-whirl pools, a pool bar, cabanas, fire pit and stage area. The Grand lobby is filled with marble, brass, dark stained woods and several grand paintings all lit naturally by 3 stories of windows, which look out over a massive 5 lane porte cochere giving the guest a sense of arrival not seen outside of Las Vegas. The hotel has two marina-view restaurants, a full service Kin Spa, a sky lounge, a lobby bar, coffee house, a deli and a new upscale lounge/restaurant featuring specialty martinis, mojitos and California cuisine. The hotel has 125,000 sq/ft of meeting space, featuring a 34,000 sq/ft exhibit hall, a 30,000 & 25,000 sq/ft ballrooms next to each other, a 10,000 sq/ft Jr Ballroom and 41 meeting rooms and 45 conference suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Amex, Priceline, Tingo, Orbitz, Otel, EasyToBook, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.