We booked a regular room at the Hyatt (we stayed at the seaport tower, which is the newer building). The rooms are pretty good, but the bedding is a bit old. The views are excellent (midway ship, Seaport village, sea, etc.) and the windows can open too!
The restroom is pretty good, which fresh smelling portico toiletries (Which are very expensive, actually). There are also pictures of the hotel in the bathroom, like before the hotel was built, and after the hotel was built.
There is not much to talk about the guest room, they are just like any other 4/5 star guest room. The coffee maker was broken in one room (coffee couldn't drip while it worked in our other connecting room.
The lobby is expansive and it shows that Manchester Grand Hyatt is truly a spectacular hotel. There are also Victorian paintings, and very good lighting throughout the hotel.
Some interesting things about the hotel is that there are pictures of the owner of the hotel, the Manchesters, at the Harbor tower. It is very cool, with ARMY uniforms, and other wonderful pictures. This hotel is also convenient because of its close proximity to the Convention Center, Coronado, Midway Ship, and other attractions, shopping areas, etc.
Try to bring your car/rent a car to go to other places (such as UCSD, Shopping, etc.) , but the parking rates are pretty expensive at the parking garage.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Under new ownership. The Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego is the ultimate waterfront urban hotel and spa and largest waterfront building on the West Coast rising high on the magnificent San Diego Bay. Panoramic bay and city views welcome you in all of our 1628 newly renovated guestrooms including 76 suites. A 25,000 sq/ft roof top pool deck overlooks San Diego Bay and has 2-whirl pools, a pool bar, cabanas, fire pit and stage area. The Grand lobby is filled with marble, brass, dark stained woods and several grand paintings all lit naturally by 3 stories of windows, which look out over a massive 5 lane porte cochere giving the guest a sense of arrival not seen outside of Las Vegas. The hotel has two marina-view restaurants, a full service Kin Spa, a sky lounge, a lobby bar, coffee house, a deli and a new upscale lounge/restaurant featuring specialty martinis, mojitos and California cuisine. The hotel has 125,000 sq/ft of meeting space, featuring a 34,000 sq/ft exhibit hall, a 30,000 & 25,000 sq/ft ballrooms next to each other, a 10,000 sq/ft Jr Ballroom and 41 meeting rooms and 45 conference suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, BookIt.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Otel and Venere so you can book your Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego Hotel San Diego
- Hyatt San Diego
- San Diego Hyatt
- Manchester Hyatt San Diego
- Grand Hyatt San Diego