We had booked the room last year in sept, well before the event. I was happy to find out I received the exact room I asked for but unfortunately was not able to get my room until 2:30 pm. We stayed for 4 nights. We were given room 3739, which is a Regency Club room. We were on the 37th floor and at the very end of the hallway, nice and quiet. Plus the view of the convention center like I wanted. I think we only heard the train once, and even then we both asked eachother if we were sure we heard or just dreamed it. The room has lots of room and though the frig I requested, and never brought me, we managed to make room in the mini bar frig. The bed was somewhat comfy, but not what I was expecting from the pictures of a "feather bed". The sheets were nice. The bathroom had a nice shower head, but I must say that it definately shows it's age and resembles a bathroom in a Comfort Inn or Best Western. I can see how they added touches to try and avoid that appearence but they need to remodel all together. overall the room was comfortable with nice touches.
The staff was very friendly and all very helpful and attentive. THe food was great! We ordered room service twice and while one night the guys ordered pizza from Domino's, I ordered a steak, with extra mashed potatos and creme brulee! We ate at the Buffet twice and enjoyed them both very much. We ate the breakfast buffet and I was very happy to see that they had the Dannon Lite-n-fit yogurt! (LA Weightloss friendly hotel!!). You get the usual options for the buffet and sweet fresh squeezed oj. We also ate at the Friday night seafood buffet. Pricy but worth it. The guys all had their fill of seafood and they mentioned that it tasted very fresh and good. I had my choice of salads and since I don't like fish, the chef at the buffet gladly tossed me up some pasta with a sauce minus the shrimp or lobster. I do like shrimp a little and I asked for a few shrimp just plained grilled. I got them just the way I asked.
Since we had Regency Club (Concierge Level) we had our other breakfasts in there and it included everything except for the made to order omlettes. They always had cookies set out and for the night time they usually had cheeses and something hot like quesadilla rolls. Good stuff. We used them alot for the drinks. Saved alot of money! not having to buy them somewhere else and the goodies we took with us.
Overall we had a good stay. Our room was reserved for us by my in-laws on points, but it can be pricey when reserving regular. Also It sells out quick for this time of year! It's just barely August and I already called to book next year and the Regency Club rooms are sold out!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Under new ownership. The Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego is the ultimate waterfront urban hotel and spa and tallest waterfront building on the West Coast rising high above magnificent San Diego Bay. Panoramic bay and city views welcome you in all of our 1628 newly renovated guestrooms including 76 suites. A 25,000 sq/ft roof top pool deck overlooks San Diego Bay and has 2-whirl pools, a pool bar, cabanas, fire pit and stage area. The Grand lobby is filled with marble, brass, dark stained woods and several grand paintings all lit naturally by 3 stories of windows, which look out over a massive 5 lane porte cochere giving the guest a sense of arrival not seen outside of Las Vegas. The hotel has two marina-view restaurants, a full service Marilyn Monroe Spa and Salon, a sky lounge, a lobby bar, coffee house, a deli and an upscale lounge/restaurant featuring specialty martinis, mojitos and California cuisine. The hotel has over 130,000 sq/ft of meeting space, featuring a 34,000 sq/ft exhibit hall, a 30,000 & 25,000 sq/ft ballrooms next to each other, a 10,000 sq/ft Jr Ballroom and 41 meeting rooms and 45 conference suites. We hope to welcome you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Amex, EasyToBook, BookIt.com, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Otel, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego Hotel San Diego
- Hyatt San Diego
- San Diego Hyatt
- Manchester Hyatt San Diego
- Grand Hyatt San Diego