I stayed at this hotel for a very large conference, and it was a very large hotel able to accommodate the 2,500 attendees. Lovely mixture of older style and modern conveniences. Stayed on the 14th (of 15) floors facing the magnificent view of the harbor. Lovely accommodations - very comfortable bed and furniture, large lovely bathroom (except for the all around lighting on the mirror, which actually makes it hard to see unless you are right in the middle). Temperature regulated quickly which mattered because of the changes with the light coming in the room.
Food service was very responsive (always beat their expected delivery time, and staff were very positive and nice). I found the selections somewhat limited, but fresh and tasty. If I had known I could have walked to a market and brought some basics into the room. Very quite, lovely peaceful colors,
Service was all around very nice, even when I left at 4:30 am to catch a flight.
Terrific location for the seaside village, the waterfront with the Midway, the Gaslight district - all walkable and spectacular San Diego weather. The zoo is also nearby and, from another trip, exceptional.
About $13-15 ride by taxi from the airport.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Under new ownership. The Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego is the ultimate waterfront urban hotel and spa and tallest waterfront building on the West Coast rising high above magnificent San Diego Bay. Panoramic bay and city views welcome you in all of our 1628 newly renovated guestrooms including 76 suites. A 25,000 sq/ft roof top pool deck overlooks San Diego Bay and has 2-whirl pools, a pool bar, cabanas, fire pit and stage area. The Grand lobby is filled with marble, brass, dark stained woods and several grand paintings all lit naturally by 3 stories of windows, which look out over a massive 5 lane porte cochere giving the guest a sense of arrival not seen outside of Las Vegas. The hotel has two marina-view restaurants, a full service Marilyn Monroe Spa and Salon, a sky lounge, a lobby bar, coffee house, a deli and an upscale lounge/restaurant featuring specialty martinis, mojitos and California cuisine. The hotel has over 130,000 sq/ft of meeting space, featuring a 34,000 sq/ft exhibit hall, a 30,000 & 25,000 sq/ft ballrooms next to each other, a 10,000 sq/ft Jr Ballroom and 41 meeting rooms and 45 conference suites. We hope to welcome you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Expedia, Booking.com, Amex, BookIt.com, HotelTravel.com, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego Hotel San Diego
- Hyatt San Diego
- San Diego Hyatt
- Manchester Hyatt San Diego
- Grand Hyatt San Diego