This is the 2nd time staying at the property. The first time, I was unsure of what I thought, it was 2 years ago maybe and the room did seem dated maybe. The location was still perfect and there are definately beautiful views from most rooms.
My recent stay for 1 night on the way home from a cruise, was awesome! I arrived shortly after 11am and was able to check-in immediately. I was given a corner room that overlooked the marina and Coronado bridge. The room was large, and very clean, functional. My favorite part was the floor to ceiling windows with a couch in front of it. It made a perfect location to spend part of the day, writing annual evaluations I needed to have compete by the weekend. The sun was shining, opened the window and easily pumped out half the evaluations in a couple hours.
The room was perfect and quiet at night....with the exception of city noises you hear in any big city hotel.
Location wise - perfect. I come to San Diego frequently and have stayed at numerous downtown San Diego hotels. Overall, this is my favorite property. You can easily walk over to Seaport Village, it's right outside the doors. Jump the trolley system and get to Old Town, Little Italy, or all the way down to Carlsbad if you want. The Gaslamp district is easily walking distance as well as the convention center. You can also catch the Coronado ferry at Seaport Village and spend the day at Coronado without having to drive, it's my favorite way to explore Coronado. Plus there are great restuarants all nearby. Don't forget to go to the Top of the Hyatt bar near sunset, actually go a little earlier to get a choice seat. Amazing views, good wine selections, and classic drinks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Under new ownership. The Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego is the ultimate waterfront urban hotel and spa and largest waterfront building on the West Coast rising high on the magnificent San Diego Bay. Panoramic bay and city views welcome you in all of our 1628 newly renovated guestrooms including 76 suites. A 25,000 sq/ft roof top pool deck overlooks San Diego Bay and has 2-whirl pools, a pool bar, cabanas, fire pit and stage area. The Grand lobby is filled with marble, brass, dark stained woods and several grand paintings all lit naturally by 3 stories of windows, which look out over a massive 5 lane porte cochere giving the guest a sense of arrival not seen outside of Las Vegas. The hotel has two marina-view restaurants, a full service Kin Spa, a sky lounge, a lobby bar, coffee house, a deli and a new upscale lounge/restaurant featuring specialty martinis, mojitos and California cuisine. The hotel has 125,000 sq/ft of meeting space, featuring a 34,000 sq/ft exhibit hall, a 30,000 & 25,000 sq/ft ballrooms next to each other, a 10,000 sq/ft Jr Ballroom and 41 meeting rooms and 45 conference suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Amex, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Otel and Venere so you can book your Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego Hotel San Diego
- Hyatt San Diego
- San Diego Hyatt
- Manchester Hyatt San Diego
- Grand Hyatt San Diego