I had good and bad experiences with the hotel. Good: the location, the room and the view, breakfast variation.
Bad: I've experienced three incident which wasn't expected from the hotel!
1- the day of check in we were assigned to a room different than the one we've been told at the reception.
2- We went to laundry in San Diego and gave them the hotel address to along with our name and room number. But guess what? When we return from a day tour to the hotel at night. I asked the bellman about our laundry. He checked a list if names with room numbers, and he said no ma'am nothing there is no laundry for u arrived today! I called the laundry and they assured me that they gave it to the bellman at the hotel. We started arguing about the laundry and (thanks god) I mentioned that the laundry was in a big colorful sack which has Seattle word written on it. He then shake his head and said: ooh I remember that bag! He told me that the owner of this bag already took it. I was shocked and it turned out that he gave it to other guest at the hotel. I told him how come? Haven't you check the name and the room number before handing him the bag?! He then said nothing was written in the paper. Then he called his manager and they thought they should enter that guest room and bring the bag. It took like 2 hour (arguing, checking with the manager, checking the guest room). Until they came bag with our laundry ! And surprisingly my name and my room never was on the bag!
3- We were charged twice after checking out. And it did not show up until the next day when we've already left San Diego. I had to call them and explain that on the phone.. until they realized it was their mistake !
It would be nice if they take more care about those issues! It's annoying!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Under new ownership. The Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego is the ultimate waterfront urban hotel and spa and tallest waterfront building on the West Coast rising high above magnificent San Diego Bay. Panoramic bay and city views welcome you in all of our 1628 newly renovated guestrooms including 76 suites. A 25,000 sq/ft roof top pool deck overlooks San Diego Bay and has 2-whirl pools, a pool bar, cabanas, fire pit and stage area. The Grand lobby is filled with marble, brass, dark stained woods and several grand paintings all lit naturally by 3 stories of windows, which look out over a massive 5 lane porte cochere giving the guest a sense of arrival not seen outside of Las Vegas. The hotel has two marina-view restaurants, a full service Marilyn Monroe Spa and Salon, a sky lounge, a lobby bar, coffee house, a deli and an upscale lounge/restaurant featuring specialty martinis, mojitos and California cuisine. The hotel has over 130,000 sq/ft of meeting space, featuring a 34,000 sq/ft exhibit hall, a 30,000 & 25,000 sq/ft ballrooms next to each other, a 10,000 sq/ft Jr Ballroom and 41 meeting rooms and 45 conference suites. We hope to welcome you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Expedia, AAA Travel Services, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego Hotel San Diego
- Hyatt San Diego
- San Diego Hyatt
- Manchester Hyatt San Diego
- Grand Hyatt San Diego