This is a business and convention hotel that seems to clear out for families and couples on the weekends. It's a huge place, with two towers of hotel rooms — so if you're looking for something luxurious *and* quaint, look elsewhere.
The rooms are tastefully appointed. Some nice touches on the furniture, which is done up in masculine whites, dark browns, and grays. The view of the city and the marina can't be beat. Bathroom is spacious, and the shower is massive.
We booked using Priceline, and found the deal to be exquisite. There are plenty of options just blocks away, but the Grand Hyatt lives up to its name. If you want to be in the center of the action, though, consider booking directly in the Gaslamp Quarter instead. (It's about a 15-minute walk from the hotel.)
- Also Known As:
- Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego Hotel
- Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego Hotel San Diego
- Hyatt San Diego
- Manchester Grand Hyatt
- San Diego Hyatt
- Manchester Hyatt San Diego
- Grand Hyatt San Diego
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Under new ownership. The Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego is the ultimate waterfront urban hotel and spa and largest waterfront building on the West Coast rising high on the magnificent San Diego Bay. Panoramic bay and city views welcome you in all of our 1628 newly renovated guestrooms including 76 suites. A 25,000 sq/ft roof top pool deck overlooks San Diego Bay and has 2-whirl pools, a pool bar, cabanas, fire pit and stage area. The Grand lobby is filled with marble, brass, dark stained woods and several grand paintings all lit naturally by 3 stories of windows, which look out over a massive 5 lane porte cochere giving the guest a sense of arrival not seen outside of Las Vegas. The hotel has two marina-view restaurants, a sky lounge, a lobby bar, coffee house, a deli and a new upscale lounge/restaurant featuring specialty martinis, mojitos and California cuisine. The hotel has 125,000 sq/ft of meeting space, featuring a 34,000 sq/ft exhibit hall, a 30,000 & 25,000 sq/ft ballrooms next to each other, a 10,000 sq/ft Jr Ballroom and 41 meeting rooms and 45 conference suites.Note: The StayFit Gym will be closed for renovations beginning November 25, 2013 and reopening in February 2013. Please visit our Concierge Desk in the Lobby for running maps and alternate gym options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Otel, Amex, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Venere, HotelsClick and Tingo so you can book your Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.