Hotel is minutes from the airport. Taxi was $13. Hotel has a shuttle and were quoted $16 for two people. Taxi to the zoo was $15. Hotel was next to the Redline and were able to get an all day pass for $5 each. Additional all day passes were less because you first have to pay for the card (I think the card was $2). Two stops to Little Italy and 5 stops to Old Town.
Across the street is Kansas City BBQ. A dive bar with excellent BBQ, cheap beer, and was seen on Top Gun. We were able to walk to the Gaslamp District for dinner where there are restaurants and bars from casual to black tie. Seaport Village is located immediately behind the hotel, which is a variety of shops and cafes/coffee shops/desserts. The Convention Center is a 5 minute walk.
The USS Midway is within walking distance. As is Petco Park, home of the Padres.
The hotel cleaning staff was excellent. I requested a few toiletries on a comment card and all was delivered. Our window looked over the pool and fire pit area. We were able to see the harbor, but not the sunset due to the other tower of the hotel unfortunately.
Hotel has a coffee shop with some breakfast and snack items, as well as several restaurants. We only went to the coffee shop which I would liken to a Starbucks.
Overall, we were happy with the hotel. Didn't spend much time there due to exploring the city in between business meetings. In my opinion was overpriced, however. ($289/night was the discounted group rate).
- Also Known As:
- Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego Hotel
- Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego Hotel San Diego
- Hyatt San Diego
- Manchester Grand Hyatt
- San Diego Hyatt
- Manchester Hyatt San Diego
- Grand Hyatt San Diego
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Under new ownership. The Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego is the ultimate waterfront urban hotel and spa and largest waterfront building on the West Coast rising high on the magnificent San Diego Bay. Panoramic bay and city views welcome you in all of our 1628 newly renovated guestrooms including 76 suites. A 25,000 sq/ft roof top pool deck overlooks San Diego Bay and has 2-whirl pools, a pool bar, cabanas, fire pit and stage area. The Grand lobby is filled with marble, brass, dark stained woods and several grand paintings all lit naturally by 3 stories of windows, which look out over a massive 5 lane porte cochere giving the guest a sense of arrival not seen outside of Las Vegas. The hotel has two marina-view restaurants, a sky lounge, a lobby bar, coffee house, a deli and a new upscale lounge/restaurant featuring specialty martinis, mojitos and California cuisine. The hotel has 125,000 sq/ft of meeting space, featuring a 34,000 sq/ft exhibit hall, a 30,000 & 25,000 sq/ft ballrooms next to each other, a 10,000 sq/ft Jr Ballroom and 41 meeting rooms and 45 conference suites.Note: The StayFit Gym will be closed for renovations beginning November 25, 2013 and reopening in February 2013. Please visit our Concierge Desk in the Lobby for running maps and alternate gym options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Otel, Amex, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Venere, HotelsClick and Tingo so you can book your Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.