“Great!” 4 of 5 stars

Lugano, Switzerland
“Great!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Manchester Grand Hyatt,
very pleasant (short) stayThe building itself it is really nice, convenient parking, lobby looks stunning and eveybody there was very welcoming.
The room is big, beds were super comfy and charges for in room mini bar are reasonable.
Location is a super plus, close to everything or otherwise well connected with public transportation. then the vicinity with the marina and to the promenade are a further advantage, ...beautiful area.
The only thig i did not like was the bathroom, ...big and with all the necessary amenities but kind of dated.
I would certainly be back in case of a furter visit to San Diego.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (768)
  • Korean first
Red Deer, AB
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I recently stayed at the Grand Hyatt for a conference. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The view from the room was fantastic, overlooking the bay and the USS Midway. (That was from the 17th Floor). When I got home I realized that I had taken several pictures out of the window over the course of 5 days just to capture the view. The room was spacious and clean. The bathroom was enourmous and the decorations were modern. This was the first hotel that I have stayed in where one of the complimentary toiletries was toothpaste. The paper arrived every morning. It was a large conference and the conference facilities were great. They did a great job of feeding such large crowds. The Hotel is so spacious that you can get lost. In fact, I took the evelvator up the wrong tower thinking it was the one I was suppose to be in. The only complaint with the breakfast buffet is that they didn't explain it to me when I went in, and I missed out on the Omelete bar. The location is right next to the Seaport Village, which was a lovely collection of "not your ordinary tourist" shops and some pretty neat restaurants, like the Hawaiin Fusion. It is also within walking distance of the USS Midway, and if you aren't that ambitious, there are bicycle driven carriages that will take you there. I would definitely consider this hotel again when visiting San Diego.

Room Tip: The higher floors will have the better views!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
KHelms, Manager at Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear shell154,
Thank you for the nice review here on TripAdvisor. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed the beautiful views of the San Diego Bay and U.S.S. Midway Museum from your guest room. We're also excited to hear that you enjoyed one of our newly renovated guest rooms. We are currently going floor by floor and renovating each guestroom, so we greatly value feedback on the new look and feel. I will be sure to share your breakfast comments with our team at Lael's to make sure we are letting all of our guests know about the wonderful omelet bar we have available on the buffet line. Thank you for the feedback. We hope to welcome you back very soon.

Portland, OR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Before I begin, let me say that I didn't pay for this hotel and never even saw a bill...so while it was great, I can't comment on the value.
I was a little annoyed that because I wasn't billed, I couldn't get points for the stay....but that might be the industry norm.
The accomodations were beautiful. The views were fantastic. The service was great.

Leadville, CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Stayed at the Hyatt last weekend. It was absolutely beautiful! The Rooms were beautifully cleaned, as was the rest of the hotel. Imagine a hotel that can check in 4000 plus in a day, without having lines wrapping around the building (Happy Birthday to the U. S. Marine Corp., 3 Marine Corp. Balls in 3 days!).
The location is perfect! The views are Spactacular!
Reason for the 4 not 5 rating...
1. The bed rolled down to the door.
2. The rooms have a modern decor, but the couch was Airport Waiting room hard and the Chair was worse. The room seemed cream stark.
3. Whoever started the trend of short sheeting the bed needs to be shot, or at least the housekeeping officers of the company needs to sleep between sheets that only come up to your elbows (I am 5'2"- Hello!), just one more place I have had to remake the bed.
4.The last reason, my sister had made 2 reservations for the two families. I came in with only one first, and they put me in the upgraded room(she wanted a guaranteed view room with the upgraded rate). She checked out first, noticed the lower price, and it took her over 45 minutes to get the rates reversed on the bills. Not good when checking out, and nothing given to us prior to checkout to for verification... Process needs to be addressed.
And really, I know the hotel is in a closed in area but $26.95 per night for a self park???
Paying for Wi Fi? I know where I was, and knew the rates up front, but really???

Room Tip: Get a rate that includes Breakfast. It was wonderful!!!!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Porter Ranch, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Stayed there for a recent convention that I attended at the hotel. Accommodations were very nice. We had a great view of the Aircraft Carrier Midway and the main channel in San Diego. Only issue was hearing and seeing a train at late night and early morning tooting it's horn. Glad I wasn't asleep.

Room Tip: Want to stay in the tower facing the Aircraft Carrier. Excellent views. Only issue is hearing the...
Dear Golfncpa,
That's fantastic to hear that you enjoyed your stay during your recent convention in San Diego. Being located only a short walk to the Convention Center and also housing some large conventions onsite at our hotel as well, we are the premiere hotel for convention guests in San Diego. We are also very leisure friendly with 2 rooftop pools, a full service spa and salon, outdoor activities and 8 food and beverage outlets. Business or pleasure, we're happy to hear you enjoyed your stay.

I am also happy to report that a sound ordinance just passed with the city that does not require train conductors to honk their horns anymore while passing the train crossing by our hotel. This will significantly cut down on all noises associated with the trains moving forward.
We hope to welcome you back to sunny San Diego soon. Perhaps the next time for a little vacation!

Madrid, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Loved the view so much I didn't go to the Seaside Village - I just sat and looked at the view of the ocean, the bay, the Midway ship - wonderful.
The room was nice, bed comfortable, decent pillows.
Very expensive coffee and tea in the hotel cafe.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Very large convention hotel, excellent location along San Diego harbour, barely ten minutes by cab from airport. Large nicely furnished rooms though very limited storage space for clothes. Our room had a refrigerator, very important for us. Our roiom was in Seaport Tower, I think Harbour Tower may offer better views. Our room rate came with breakfast, this is a huge benefit, an enormous buffet, with almost everything anyone could wish for. I said to my wife half-way through the first breakfast, "I think I'll stay here all day and not go to my conference". Very large pool on 4th floor, excellent location for capturing sun, plenty of lounge chairs, and nearby is an outstanding exercise facility for a hotel, treadmills with TV screens, weight machines, etc, plus cool water, towels. Outside the hotel at the back is the wide boardwalk that people walk and run on, and there are two parks coming off the boardwalk jutting out into the harbour that are also nice to walk around, jog, sit on the grass. The small shops of Seaport Village are immediately outside the hotel, and there are numerous alternate eating places.

Room Tip: Probably Harbour Tower offers better views. Get room rate with breakfast included.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Joseph241,
Sounds like you had a wonderful time at our hotel during your visit to San Diego for your convention. Hopefully it wasn't all work and no play - we're glad you took advantage of the breakfast buffet at Lael's included in your room package (it is quite the spread), our StayFit state-of-the-art gym overlooking the San Diego Bay and our neighboring, Seaport Villages with an abundance of shops and restaurants. Please come back and visit us again soon, perhaps this time for a much needed vacation.

Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego

Been to Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego? Share your experiences!