Stayed one night for the Marine Corps Ball and was an excellent stay! From the time we checked in, were greeted by a very warm friendly staff to our check out...everything was spot on!
Common Grounds/Lobby: Huge!! Felt like some grand hotel on the Vegas Strip. This hotel is made for events/balls and meetings. Staff again very friendly and made you feel welcome despite how busy it was. Plenty of restaurants/shops in the hotel itself.
Room: Spacious with a king bed. View from our room out to the San Diego Harbor. Room included a mini frigerator. Did not know if WiFi was included in the stay.
Bed was comfortable/clean.
Bathroom was large with excellent water pressure and plenty of hot water.
Small Desk and chair for relaxing.
Location: down by the harbor next to seaport village. In the heart of San Diego. You could probably walk to the Trolley from hotel and get around San Diego without a rental car.
Cost: 260.00 for the night, yes expensive. Worth it though for the stay and Ball.
Valet parking was $32.00 per night.
Marine Ball: Held in their conference pavillions: Well done. Food was excellent provided by the hotel with steak/chicken/salad and dessert.
Would stay again if with family or at a conference/Ball.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Under new ownership. The Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego is the ultimate waterfront urban hotel and spa and tallest waterfront building on the West Coast rising high above magnificent San Diego Bay. Panoramic bay and city views welcome you in all of our 1628 newly renovated guestrooms including 76 suites. A 25,000 sq/ft roof top pool deck overlooks San Diego Bay and has 2-whirl pools, a pool bar, cabanas, fire pit and stage area. The Grand lobby is filled with marble, brass, dark stained woods and several grand paintings all lit naturally by 3 stories of windows, which look out over a massive 5 lane porte cochere giving the guest a sense of arrival not seen outside of Las Vegas. The hotel has two marina-view restaurants, a full service Marilyn Monroe Spa and Salon, a sky lounge, a lobby bar, coffee house, a deli and an upscale lounge/restaurant featuring specialty martinis, mojitos and California cuisine. The hotel has over 130,000 sq/ft of meeting space, featuring a 34,000 sq/ft exhibit hall, a 30,000 & 25,000 sq/ft ballrooms next to each other, a 10,000 sq/ft Jr Ballroom and 41 meeting rooms and 45 conference suites. We hope to welcome you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Booking.com, Amex, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, HotelTravel.com, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego Hotel San Diego
- Hyatt San Diego
- San Diego Hyatt
- Manchester Hyatt San Diego
- Grand Hyatt San Diego