This two-tower hotel has very comfortable rooms. The bed and pillows are wonderful. After traveling in the Orient for 4 weeks, I thought that Asian service was the best. But, this hotel pretty much matched Asia for superior service. The concierge service is the best I have ever found. This hotel is very suitable for business travel.
The only negative was that our room 3602 was RIGHT NEXT TO THE METAL STAIR WELL that the night watchman banged down every few hours during the night. We were in the 40 floor tower, so I would avoid any room ending in 02 in that tower. We complained and the hotel made an accommodation to fix the situation. But if you don't want the hassle of moving, make sure that you don't get near the stair well.
Oh, the other negative is that the trains sound a horn in the middle of the night from time to time. (Bring ear plugs if you are a light sleeper.) These trains affect ALL hotels that are in this harbor/ waterfront area, so there is not much you can do to avoid it if you need to be near the convention center.
The breakfast buffet was so great, that we actually tried that restaurant for dinner one night. oops... that did not work out. While they do a great breakfast, somehow, the dinner menu does not work out at all.
Overall, a very good business hotel. Stayed here 7 nights for a business conference. There is none of that useless "turn-down" sevice at night, so there is not that extra intrusion into the room at night (a welcome relief.)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Under new ownership. The Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego is the ultimate waterfront urban hotel and spa and tallest waterfront building on the West Coast rising high above magnificent San Diego Bay. Panoramic bay and city views welcome you in all of our 1628 newly renovated guestrooms including 76 suites. A 25,000 sq/ft roof top pool deck overlooks San Diego Bay and has 2-whirl pools, a pool bar, cabanas, fire pit and stage area. The Grand lobby is filled with marble, brass, dark stained woods and several grand paintings all lit naturally by 3 stories of windows, which look out over a massive 5 lane porte cochere giving the guest a sense of arrival not seen outside of Las Vegas. The hotel has two marina-view restaurants, a full service Marilyn Monroe Spa and Salon, a sky lounge, a lobby bar, coffee house, a deli and an upscale lounge/restaurant featuring specialty martinis, mojitos and California cuisine. The hotel has over 130,000 sq/ft of meeting space, featuring a 34,000 sq/ft exhibit hall, a 30,000 & 25,000 sq/ft ballrooms next to each other, a 10,000 sq/ft Jr Ballroom and 41 meeting rooms and 45 conference suites. We hope to welcome you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Amex, EasyToBook, BookIt.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Otel, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego Hotel San Diego
- Hyatt San Diego
- San Diego Hyatt
- Manchester Hyatt San Diego
- Grand Hyatt San Diego