Stayed at the Hyatt while attending a conference.
Good news: The hotel is clean, housekeeping got it right every time, reservations weren't screwed up. The location is very convenient to the Convention Center, the Gaslamp district, the Midway aircraft carrier museum, and the Marriott. There is a safe but no refrigerator. A supermarket (Ralph's) is within walking distance.
Bad news: Food provided by catering was nothing special, though maybe the cheap stuff was ordered. The bar at the top of the hotel is disappointing. The windows aren't big and are designed to prevent you from looking out while sitting in the low chairs that are near the windows. The train whistle is relentless, though the HVAC unit's fan can be put on high, masking much of the noise.
This is an above average conference hotel but if your conference uses the US Grant hotel for overflow, let them put you there. The location is better for your time off and that hotel is rated higher by this web site.
Maybe it's my age, but it was just weird seeing how many Japanese tourists were smiling and taking pictures of each other in front of the Midway on December 7 (Pearl Harbor anniversary). I'm glad that times have changed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Under new ownership. The Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego is the ultimate waterfront urban hotel and spa and tallest waterfront building on the West Coast rising high above magnificent San Diego Bay. Panoramic bay and city views welcome you in all of our 1628 newly renovated guestrooms including 76 suites. A 25,000 sq/ft roof top pool deck overlooks San Diego Bay and has 2-whirl pools, a pool bar, cabanas, fire pit and stage area. The Grand lobby is filled with marble, brass, dark stained woods and several grand paintings all lit naturally by 3 stories of windows, which look out over a massive 5 lane porte cochere giving the guest a sense of arrival not seen outside of Las Vegas. The hotel has two marina-view restaurants, a full service Marilyn Monroe Spa and Salon, a sky lounge, a lobby bar, coffee house, a deli and an upscale lounge/restaurant featuring specialty martinis, mojitos and California cuisine. The hotel has over 130,000 sq/ft of meeting space, featuring a 34,000 sq/ft exhibit hall, a 30,000 & 25,000 sq/ft ballrooms next to each other, a 10,000 sq/ft Jr Ballroom and 41 meeting rooms and 45 conference suites. We hope to welcome you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Booking.com, Amex, Expedia, AAA Travel Services, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego Hotel San Diego
- Hyatt San Diego
- San Diego Hyatt
- Manchester Hyatt San Diego
- Grand Hyatt San Diego