“Perfect for my Study/Pamper time” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast for Two
Ranked #87 of 271 Hotels in San Diego
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Perfect for my Study/Pamper time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I was not planning on staying here. I went to the La Jolla Playhouse and was heading to the Valencia ( no reservations made).
When I went the wrong way I had to turn around, off the main road, I landed at the Hyatt Regency. It stands so tall and in such a Dramatic way.... I called up and Booked it.

Wow!! I asked for a high floor and got the 14th floor with a view of La Jolla. Gorgeous with all the palm trees lit for Christmas. My room was very elegant modern. Down feather pillows, beautiful bathroom and space over 320 square feet! I had to study for a major exam. I chose to let others cook, clean and park my car... The Hyatt exceeded all expectations.

When I would call Housekeeping for this or that, when they arrived... Each time they asked " anything else Ms ..... So and so?" I loved it!! Plus, Flemings and 3 other top rated restaurants are literally right outside the front of the Hyatt. No car needed, no streets to cross... Just walk there in 30 seconds!!

Btw a great Sushi place voted # 1 is right there too! Try the Truffle fries!! OMG, I kid you not!

Later I got a great facial and waxing at the spa. Oh and back to the food....I had one of the best burgers in my life at the Hotel and left wanting more! Which I did, the very next day. I'm sure I put on a pound or 2..... But I don't care, it was so worth it. The burger had avocado, special bacon ( which I never eat, but did here, thank god!) and a special tomato salsa type sauce, to die for! Oh the beef was WAGU I believe. Expensive, but go for it!!

I will be back for sure!! Thank you Hyatt Regency!! I hope I passed my exam too!!

Stayed December 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Lovely place for a business traveler from cold wintery East Coast. Enjoyed great swimming pool in the wee hours waiting for a sunrise. Lavish breakfast and great room facilities for a business traveler, also great advantage as there are several restaurants in the Hyatt's courtyard that make it conveneient for evening meals. Stayed here on several occasions in the last 3 years, always loved it, and recommend it withouth reservations.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I came here after I checked out early from a really unpleasant night in a Courtyard Marriott. Everything that was wrong with the Courtyard was right here. Quiet, clean, comfortable, no overwhelming air freshener smell, top notch staff, nice view, nice shower. Delicious room service meal after a very long day. I was so amazed that the price was almost the same as the place I suffered the night before. Will definitely come back here next time I'm in town.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency La Jolla, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for switching over to stay with us. I am so glad to hear that we were able to turn a negative experience you were having into a positive one! I like that you enjoyed the room, view, delicious food and amazing service! We look forward to welcoming you back.

Warm Regards,

Belinda M - Guest Relations
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed for a couple of nights, checking in two weeks ago. Overall a very nice hotel with friendly staff. Experienced a problem when I arrived in my room: lots of hair trimmings on the bathroom vanity and in the sink. Called the front desk and the situation was handled by sending a bellman up with the key to a replacement room. However, the bellman didn't offer to help me move. And I never received a follow-up message from management. A bit surprised on both counts.

Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Would absolutely stay here again. Great location and even better staff, super friendly and helpful. From the valet, the front desk staff, the cleaning staff, the servers and the bellhops, they all made me feel right at home and welcome. Well decorated and even had live music while we were there. Lots of dining choices nearby. The club access was well worth the money, with great drink options, complimentary beer/wine and wonderful breakfast and evening snacks.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the club access. Well worth the extra buck.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

First of all, the location of this hotel is fantastic. Just a few blocks from UCSD, VA Hospital, shopping (UTC), and other sites in La Jolla (though it is not in downtown La Jolla). The staff were all friendly and helpful. The room looks clean and recently remodelled. Everything had a modern look and feel to it. There's a little corner coffee shop where you can pick up your morning mochas, but the line can be quite long. There's plenty of excellent dining choices across the courtyard (Trulucks, Japengo, etc...) so its very convenient. This is a hopping place. Lots of activities (convention, events, etc) while we were there. While morning and afternoon appears quite tranquil, weekend evenings across the courtyard where all the restaurants are located and be quite loud and active. The only complaint I have is the garage...seem to have trouble with my key card getting out of the self-parking...never worked the entire time we were there so had to call the front desk to let us out. Other than this annoyance, we really enjoyed staying here. Their complimentary WIFI for Platinum members was fast enough for me.

Room Tip: High floor
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Deerfield, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We had a great stay at the Hyatt. The rooms were very contemporary. The bed was super comfortable. The girls at the front desk were very helpful, printed out directions to a beach for us. Cookies and fruity water were nice touches.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency La Jolla, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for providing your feedback regarding your stay at Hyatt Regency La Jolla. I'm so delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our beautiful hotel. I'm happy that you enjoyed our beautiful rooms as well. I'm most delighted to hear about the service you received from our associates. I will certainly forward your feedback to our management team. I hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again.

Becky S- Guest Relations Associate

Been to Hyatt Regency La Jolla? Share your experiences!