For a Hyatt Regency this hotel is on the low end of the scale. I have stayed at numerous Hyatt and Grand Hyatt hotels and several hundred hotel/motels in total. So for a Hyatt Regency this one is just average overall compared to the others.
Depending upon the time of day check-in at any hotel can be a breeze or a nightmare. In my case I only waited for one other person and the process was very efficient. My room was a "VIP Suite" on the 14th floor at the North end of the hallway. There is a sitting area which included a couch, table, lamps and a desk. The bedroom was separated screen drapers that could be closed similar as to what is usually at the main windows or a sliding door. In my view that was pretty useless and unnecessary. The king bed was up to Hyatt standards and the pillows were fine. The room was very clean and the housekeeping service was excellent. The bathroom was fairly small with a single sink and no vanity. There was a personal shower with sliding doors and no tube. The room also has a very small private balcony that overlooked Mission Bay, so there was a nice view. The "bedroom" had two windows that had venetian type blinds and even at night they let in quite a bit of light from the lights mounted on the outside of the building.. I would have preferred a much darker room at night. The room also had a small fridge and a safe.
I found most of the staff to be okay during my interaction with them. The pool staff seemed to pretty bored, although there were two lifeguards on duty each time I was there. The valet staff was great and retrieved my car each time very quickly. As for the pool area it was fairly small for the size of the hotel which had 17 floors. There were three pools and three slides, one for the kiddy pool and a larger one next to it that the slides emptied into. The largest pool seemed to be just for adults although I did see quite a few kids in it. Kids? Yes there are a whole lot of them and mostly young ones, due to the fact that SeaWorld is literally across the street from the hotel. Most of them were well behaved, but a few were little rascals that needed some supervision. I expected the throng of children and I enjoy kids, besides my grandson was one of them, but he was being supervised by mom and dad.
The Red Marlin restaurant which is part of the property was quite good. I ate dinner there one night and breakfast three times and enjoyed the food. The staff was adequate, but could have been more attentive in my opinion.
Yes, I consider this Hyatt average as compared to others, but I would stay here again in the future since I did not experience any issues that would prevent me from doing so.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Mission Bay Hotel
- Hyatt Regency Mission Bay Hotel San Diego
- Hyatt Regency San Diego
- Hyatt San Diego
- San Diego Hyatt
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hyatt Regency Mission Bay Spa and Marina completed a $65 million transformation in February 2008. The hotel offers casual elegance in the heart of Mission Bay Aquatic Park with panoramic views and superior service. Our 430 newly appointed guestrooms feature Hyatt Grand Beds, 32-inch flat screen televisions, iHome alarm clocks and panoramic views of the Pacific Ocean and Mission Bay. Experience the thrills of our multiple swimming pools and waterslides, take a stroll to the world famuos SeaWorld San Diego located less than a mile off property, or relax in the tranquility of our Hyatt Pure Spa, Blue Marble. To indulge your culinary senses, let our staff serve you in our waterfront restaurant Red Marlin or head over to SWIM and enjoy light fare and cocktails by the pool. The Hyatt Regency Mission Bay strives to provide the highest level of guest service and comfort. From the moment you arrive, our staff will welcome you to our hotel and treat you with unparalleled attentiveness to ensure that every stay exceeds your expectations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Amex, Travelocity, Tingo, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Hyatt Regency Mission Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.