“Great Place to Stay!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge San Diego Mission Valley

You added Travelodge San Diego Mission Valley to your Saves list
Travelodge San Diego Mission Valley
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1201 Hotel Circle South, San Diego, CA 92108 (Mission Valley / Hotel Circle)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #192 of 270 Hotels in San Diego
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Great Place to Stay!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

We stayed for a full week, and this was a great place to stay. I would recommend this hotel for anyone looking for an affordable hotel with a great outside pool and whirlpool. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and ready for us right when we got into town. San Diego is a wonderful city and this hotel helped us to enjoy the whole week. Enjoy the view from the pool area-AMAZING!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

I used the pool often and it was generally good to swim in. When something was broken the staff expressed concern and took action. There was no question about the cleanliness of the bath area. Comfy bed, heater and air-conditioning. It was pretty close to Seaworld and the downtown area.

• Stayed July 2011
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

We had two joining rooms in July, we stayed there 3nights and let me tell you, I have have no complaints! The rooms I inspected right when we got there and found nothing wrong. Our rooms were comfortable, clean and the staff was helpful that is good enough for me! We will absolutely stay here again on our next trip to SD!

• Stayed July 2011
Peoria, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

We have stayed at this Travelodge every time we have been in San Diego in the last 12 years. We have been extremely satisfied. The restaurant has very good food and the employees treat you very well. In fact we have stayed there so often they even remember us. We will indeed stay here again.

UK
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

I was here for Comic Con. And if you remember the review I wrote a couple years back about the Holiday Inn I stayed at, then all I can say is....All is forgiven!!

The title speaks for itself. I was bitten bu bed bugs, and not just a few times either, more like 100 times. So severe were my bites that I ended up wearing long sleeves for most of my trip. I was uncomfortable, itchy, sore and hot.

Sure the hotel staff apologized, were nice, and moved us, comped me and my friend $150 each for the 'inconvenience' but I feel that's just not enough. I'm seeking legal action.

Just make sure you check the room first. But, I wouldn't recommend a place that doesn't change the bedsheets every single day (I found stains one morning, probably from where I was bit, and they were still there when I got back that night!) The place obviously has hygiene issues.

Do, however go to Adams Steak and Eggs next to the Travelodge lobby! Nothing to do with Travelodge though. Super breakfasts and really awesome staff.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Rogers, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

In town for Comic Con, so the room rate was high, but so was every other place I checked. The location was convenient for downtown as well as area attractions. The staff was friendly. The room was clean, beds comfortable. There was a guest laundry with reasonable prices. Several restaurants within walking distance, but the best were right on the property. Albie's Beef Inn was wonderful. It's retro and cool. I wish I had discovered it earlier in my stay. I felt like I had gone through a time warp. Loved it. Not my first comic con, but the best hotel experience I've had in San Diego.

Ventura, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

I had read the reviews prior to making our reservation for the weekend; but when we got there, I realized the reviews must have been OLD..... the review indicated the rooms had been remodeled....Hardly, the rooms I saw needed to be emploded and rebuilt!!!

First of all, the room had the "Room Darkening" curtains only.... no shear panel behind them so that if you want a little daylight in the room, your curtains are wide open, for everyone walking down the walkway to peer into your room....second - the room decor did not even match and the bathroom was painted this hidious dark teal green color, the sink did not drain, and when you sat on the toilet it moved one inch from the wall, and when you stood up, it bounced into the wall making a loud bang, the vanity light did not work, only the heat lamp in the bathroom worked. The carpet looked like it could use Stretching and tightened, and there were two holes torn in the carpet right between the beds; and it was definitely DIRTY, every time we walked barefoot in the room, our feet were dirty!! GROSS! I mean TACKY! It wasn't very clean inside the room or outside!! the grounds have trash everywhere. The pool was good, and the huge jacuzzi was nice, however, My 10 year daughter (happened to be at just the right height) was walking out the gate and it hit her face, cutting her forehead pretty bad, she needed 5 stitches!! I called the front desk to tell them what happened and request a "late checkout" I told them I needed an extra hour to let her lay down and stop the bleeding....but 15 minutes later, maid service is banging on the door, the front desk is calling.... and wondering if we are checking out!! how extremely annoying, when you are dealing with a child who is hurt, and you already called the front desk to avoid all this stress and hassle....so ridiculous.... They could have offererd a refund or something for this injury incident..... some assistance would have been nice.... but for sure, I will not go back to the Travelodge again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
TravelodgeSDManager, General Manager at Travelodge San Diego Mission Valley, responded to this review, July 22, 2011
Kellerinnewbrypk,

I first wanted to make sure that your daughter is okay. I was unaware that any incident took place at our pool and after talking with staff members you did not mention your daughter being cut. If the injury was as serious as you mentioned I would have brought that to a manager’s attention immediately. I was available on property at the time of check out and check in. I would have appreciated the opportunity to help in any way or correct any issues that you had. Unfortunately you did not give me that opportunity. I did want to clarify that you originally booked a smoking room and we were able to accommodate you in a non-smoking room.

I do apologize that you had issues with the toilet and sheer curtain. I have taken the mentioned issues to my maintenance department and we are fixing these immediately.

If you have any further questions, or concerns, you can contact me directly here at the hotel.

Best Regards,
Jason Girard

Been to Travelodge San Diego Mission Valley? Share your experiences!