My boyfriend and I checked into the Holiday Inn on the Bay for a quick weekend trip. The location is perfect, easy access from the freeway. After we checked in, we went to the front desk to get advise for dinner. We were directed to the Gaslamp District and had a great dinner and a really good time at a bar called Shout. The concierge also suggested a whale watching tour and booked it for us at the hotel.
The rooms were very clean, comfortable, and updated. I have a thing about hotel towells...they are usually thin and cheap, but not at this hotel! The towells were great!
The maid granted our request for privacy and left a card for us to call if we wanted the room serviced later in the day.
The hotel has a restaurant and bar in the lobby which is a great place to wind down after a busy day in San Diego.
I would highly recommend this hotel. We will definately stay there when we go back to San Diego.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn San Diego - On The Bay Hotel
- Holiday Inn San Diego - On The Bay Hotel San Diego
- Holiday Inn Bay San Diego
- Holiday Inn San Diego
- San Diego Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn San Diego Bay
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With a premiere location close to the San Diego cruise ship terminal, Convention Center, and Gaslamp Quarter, the Wyndham San Diego Bayside is unsurpassed among downtown waterfront hotels. Leisure travelers will enjoy nearby attractions such as the San Diego Zoo, SeaWorld, Balboa Park, Harbor Tours, and Maritime Museums including the USS Midway and Star of India. A stay at the Wyndham San Diego Bayside immerses guests in a true full-service experience, and relaxing views of the San Diego harbor front or city center skyline. A free airport and area shuttle makes traveling to and from the hotel and nearby attractions easy, while free high speed internet makes business travel a pleasure. Fantastic features such as an outdoor heated pool and a poolside gym provide opportunities for recreation once guests return from a fun-filled day exploring the area. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are easy as well, with several exceptional on-site restaurants such as Elephant and Castle as well as Ruth Chris Steakhouse providing a wide variety of options for any taste. The 600 guest rooms and suites at the Wyndham San Diego Bayside provide a peaceful escape from the vibrant city buzz. Bright decor, comfortable beds, floor-to-ceiling windows and furnished balcony rooms help guests make the most of the stunning location. Suites located near the top of the 14-story tower of the hotel offer breathtaking views along with a private bedroom, living area, pull-out sofa and mini-refrigerator. All rooms include guest-preferred amenities such as free high speed internet access, a free morning newspaper, a coffee maker, hairdryer and a large work desk. With 24,000 square feet of meeting space and conference facilities the Wyndham San Diego Bayside is the ideal location for San Diego meetings and events. Full-service planning assistance and professional amenities along with and creative catering help create the perfect meeting on the bay. Grand galas or casual affairs are also a specialty for the professionals at the Wyndham San Diego Bayside, with 12 wedding reception halls and various wedding packages to choose from. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, EasyToBook, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your Wyndham San Diego Bayside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.