We probably would've enjoyed this property more had we visited in the off-season. Instead, we found ourselves battling for space during a busy summer weekend. It was still a good visit, but we were happy to have some elbow room after check-out.
The hotel overall is a good value. The price is right, the staff was very friendly, and the location is right off the I-15. It seems like an older property, but they've done a good job keeping it nice. The rooms are nice enough, but the indoor corridors are a little tight (watch your head with the low ceiling).
In fact, the entire hotel space is a little tight. Breakfast is complimentary, but it's almost more trouble than it's worth on a crowded morning. There's not enough room to sit down, and the breakfast buffet area is incredibly small. Bring your elbow pads.
Compared to the breakfast area, the parking lot is huge. But it's really not. Parking is very tight here, especially in the small underground lot. We spent 10 minutes negotiating with other drivers who were looking for a space before simply parking in the upper lot near Elephant Bar.
That said, we would probably stay here again during a quiet season. It's a decent property with a great staff that's doing its best. During the summer, however, you can surely find similar hotels with a little more space.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn San Diego-Rancho Bernardo Hotel
- Holiday Inn San Diego-Rancho Bernardo Hotel San Diego
- Holiday Inn San Diego
- San Diego Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn San Diego-Rancho Bernardo is nestled in a beautiful valley surrounded by majestic hills, and is recognized for its golf courses and wineries.Rooms available for local tournaments: San Diego Open, NJB Tournament, PQ Premier, Triple Crown, & Hotspurs.The hotel offers many amenities for the business and vacation traveler at affordable prices. Our exclusively designed rooms and facilities include a host of functional features: convenient location, spacious and business-friendly guest rooms, free wireless high-speed Internet, complimentary hotel shuttle to offices within 5 miles Mon-Fri, complimentary business center services, full service Elephant Bar & Restaurant and Lounge, room service, hot breakfast buffet daily, complimentary parking, complimentary fitness center, same day valet/laundry service, outdoor heated pool and spa, in room coffee makers, two-line phones, large work stations, refrigerators and microwaves in all rooms. We are the closest full service hotel to the San Diego Wild Animal Park in the area. Local companies include: Hewlett-Packard, Sony, General Atomics, Lockheed Martin, SAIC, Northrop Grumman, Raytheon, NCR, BAE Systems, Pulse Engineering, Masco, Caterpillar/Hawthorne Machinery, Laserink, Cymer, Kodak, Zarlink Semiconductors, & Sumitomo Electric Inc. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express San Diego N - Rancho Bernardo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.