“Good business hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #143 of 271 Hotels in San Diego
Aliso Viejo, California
“Good business hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I really like the convenience of this property location-wise. It is easily accessible to the freeway and also for places to eat. Their staff are professional and always friendly. The staff that manages the 'Manager's Reception' on Wednesday nights are super friendly and accommodating. The rooms are clean. The only thing I can say is that it would be nice if a small fridge is present or maybe a larger tv screen.
I would recommend this property.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
K M, General Manager at Holiday Inn San Diego - Mission Valley, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear GeeeWeeez,

Thank you so much for your recommendation! We truly appreciate word of mouth referrals from a positive first hand experience! Please know that your suggestions are definitely appreciated and are actively being used for our budget preparation.

We look forward to your next visit!

Kate Mendez, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I stayed 4 days during the July long weekend with my family. The staffs are friendly and very helpful on providing info about dining suggestion and driving route. The room is just "OK" for a 3 stars hotel. Furniture are quite "outdated", more looks like a best western or a motel style. I couldn't sleep well with their "extra-soft" pillow, giving me neck pain the next days. Parking was fine for me, even during the busiest long weekend I can find a spot anytime. They have outside parking and underground parking with key-card entry. The hotel is close to highway. I wasn't bothered by any noise at all. The free WIFI works excellent, same as the A/C with no noise at all. No free breakfast but there's McD and Starbucks next block. I paid $200/night which I think is abit overpriced.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
K M, General Manager at Holiday Inn San Diego - Mission Valley, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear muimui77,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. I am glad to hear about your great comments about our team members! Regarding pillows, we do have "soft" and "firm" pillow selections available, let us know on your next visit so we can make sure we provide your preference!

We look forward to your return!

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

I added this hotel on for the final night of a long vacation. It is easily accessible from downtown San Diego, just a short drive on the freeway. There's plenty of parking. Upon checking in, I found my room was massive and clean as could be. The bed was super comfortable. It's a large property but was quiet, even though it seemed to have a lot of people staying that night.

The only downside for me was that unless you eat in the hotel's restaurant, the only option for food if you don't want to drive anywhere (I was exhausted once I checked in) is the Jack in the Box right at the end of the driveway.

I'd definitely stay here again on my next visit to San Diego. Considering some of the downtown hotels charge for valet parking per night, it's actually worth it to drive in from here and then park on your own for less.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Dear sunnyskies99,

Thank you so much for your review. I'm glad to hear that you had a comfortable stay and we were able to accommodate your needs!

Our Rayo Grill has nightly specials to offer a variety to the dining experience. But just in case you want to mix it up, there's actually quite a bit of other restaurants in the complex steps away from the hotel. Hopefully you are able to stay longer on your next visit and enjoy more of San Diego!

San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

i travel for my work, and i have to say that this is the worse holiday inn i have ever stayed at. i booked 4 rooms for my family. Not only were the prices high (157) but there is NO free breakfast, even upon request- the girl at the front desk said that if i would have paid 20 more, i probably would have received a voucher. she didnt ask how much i paid. Parking stalls are too small, Parking Lot is hard to maneuver in, Staff is very negative. Place is noisy. One of the rooms that i booked had a broken air conditioner, and they were unable to fix it. i was embarrassed that i even booked this place for my family.

Room Tip: Go to the Hilton or Hampton Inn. They seem to be better there.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
K M, Manager at Holiday Inn San Diego - Mission Valley, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for staying with us. I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Summer is indeed our busiest time in San Diego, and rates do vary depending on season as well as with the different packages available that includes meals. We did place the room off market after your departure until we were able to completely resolve the A/C issue. I hope that the credit that was provided to you while you were at the hotel was a fair compensation for the inconvenience.

Please feel free to reach out to me directly for your future stay. I would love to have you back as our guest!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

In general, it was a pleasing experience to spend a night in this hotel. The hotel and the room are very clean. Everything works. Internet is fast. The bed and pillows are comfortable. There are few plazas near by with many small but good restaurants if you need to save on food. Be aware of the outside noise from the nearest road if you are sensitive to it like I am. There is no traffic at night but it woke me up at 6:30am.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side are quieter.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
ldimeglio, General Manager at Holiday Inn San Diego - Mission Valley, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback! Our new internet provider and increased bandwidth has definitely made an impact and am happy you were able to take advantage of it. Looking forward to having you as our guest in the future!

Ridgecrest, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

The hotel is clean, easy to get on and off the freeway, beds are comfy.. firm and soft pillows on the bed, the soap/shampoo is nice and not the crappy cheap stuff!, the pool area is clean and they have towels available outside so you don't have to wait in line for them!, rooms are very spacious and they have the Rayo restaurant downstairs and there is an absolutely wonderful server (Brenda) whom has helped us a few nights now.. we have been here almost 2 weeks.. and her personality, kindness and attentiveness has kept us coming back. The portion sizes are on spot.
I would stay here again in a heartbeat. The staff is super and helpful.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
ldimeglio, General Manager at Holiday Inn San Diego - Mission Valley, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear Guest,

THANK YOU for such a wonderful review!! I am so excited to know that you enjoyed your stay and have shared your kind words to Brenda; I agree, she is pretty awesome!!!

We so look forward to having you again soon!

Chicago, Illinois, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

I did not actually stay at this hotel, but taught a class in one of their ballrooms and had breakfast and lunch in their restaurant for four days.

I just want to put in a good word for the staff, who were all very helpful and friendly, and the restaurant food. I like breakfast and ate here every day of my trip because of the quality and value of the food. The lunches were provided for the class and those were top notch, also.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
ldimeglio, General Manager at Holiday Inn San Diego - Mission Valley, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments and I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your meeting accommodations and food throughout your visit!! We all hope you book your future meetings with us and appreciate your business!

Linda DiMeglio

Been to Holiday Inn San Diego - Mission Valley? Share your experiences!