“Heck no” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #167 of 270 Hotels in San Diego
Secret usa
“Heck no”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Price was good but the room was the size of a closet and I'm not talking about a walkin. The parking sucked and it was full so had to park on street until space came open (they said they would refund me 17.00 but I still haven't seen it) my room was still dirty when I checked in Luke the manager said he would move me but I was beyond tired to do that so I asked for a sheet to lay on which was given to me the front desk were wonderful I loved the lady that checked me in her and Luke and the Asian guy with glasses looked so cute up there like the three amigos but I'm still mad that he didn't discount or come look at the mess I was describing but I took pics and corporate will receive them shortly

Room Tip: If u like space and easy parking this isn't the place for u
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
socialmediacoord, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton San Diego Downtown, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Thank you so much for writing a review about your experiences at the Four Points by Sheraton San Diego Downtown. Your comments help us to constantly improve our hotel and exceed our guest’s expectations. I am so sorry to hear that your room did not meet your expectations and our offer to move you to another room was not a sufficient solution. I remember speaking with you at the front desk, as you spoke so highly of the service that you received at check-in. As to your parking charge issue, we did waive your parking as stated, so you were never charged. Thank you again for your feedback and if you find yourself in San Diego again, we hope to have the opportunity to ensure you have a great stay.

Luke Daehlin, Guest Relation Manager 619-239-9600

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Korean first
tucson
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

I just booked a reservation at the Four Points Sheraton San Diego Downtown and had to call to change a date. The associate "LUKE" was exceptional. A perfect reflection of outstanding customer service. I haven't arrived there yet for the the 6 night stay, but if my stay is anything close to the service I recieved over the phone with "LUKE", I am sure my stay will be magical. I have been a supervisor at a Westin property and a Sheraton property and I hope all my associates can be the mirror of "LUKE" - Thank you Four Points for having such a great agent. Looking forward to my stay.

Room Tip: I arrive tomorrow but can't wait
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for writing a review about the Four Points by Sheraton San Diego Downtown. Your incredibly positive comments are a shining example of the quality of service that we provide here. It was a pleasure speaking with you on the phone and you were a delight to help. I know that you and your daughter thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us, and that we took every opportunity to meet and exceed your expectations. Please visit us again soon!

Luke Daehlin, Guest Relation Manager 619-239-9600
Madrid, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Taking into consideration that hotels in San Diego are quite expensive, sleeping in Four Points Downton was great. It is just 10 minutes walking to the harbour and 20 minutes away from the furthest point you will visit as a tourist. Just go down 1st avenue and you will be anywhere you want.

The only possible problem is that there are no restaurantes near de hotel (But you can buy something at the gas station just crossing the street)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Tim E, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton San Diego Downtown, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad to hear our central downtown location met all your San Diego travel needs. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Bonita, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I had some Starwood points to use up, so chose this hotel, whose circular shape had intrigued me for years. We paid extra points to have a room on the top floor with an extra large window, and the view of the bay, city, and airport was spectacular. We left the curtains open all night so when we woke we could see out. But besides this, the service at the desk when we checked in was slow and begrudging. We paid $17 to park, and at night the parking lot was full. Fortunately, we found someone who was leaving and waited 10 minutes while he maneuvered his large van out of the small spaces. The tiny deli did provide surprisingly good sandwiches. But I know we won't return here.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Colby, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

It was my first time in California and not knowing anyone we were greeted with open arms and friendly faces by all staff. We didn't drive so the young men who drove us to and from went out of their way to accommodate us. The front desk people were extremely helpful and polite. I would recommend this hotel to everyone and the restaurant crew and food was out of this would fabulous. One suggestion head over to MCRD and let them know about you. The closeness of the hotel to them and the airport and to several different places within walking distance, make no sense to stay anywhere but here. Watch the price because most of the people are coming to see their Marine money is tight. special prices will catch them every time! It is great to have your free shuttle, pool , restaurant/bar, and clean and beautiful rooms and your special little perks you gave us. Really your staff is wonderful. BE PROUD . I would stay here again if I could. Thanks Scot and Virginia Carver and PFC Brenn.

Room Tip: Ask for Amanda! She's great!!!!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Congratulations to your son for his graduation from MCRD Marine Corps! Thank you for your kind comments regarding our welcoming staff, and we are delighted to hear your first time in California was so memorable. We constantly strive to exceed our guest’s expectations with a friendly and helpful staff by providing the upmost in service. I have shared your comments with the staff and look forward to welcoming you back during your second trip to California.

Chichester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

A cylindrical hotel in a lovely downtown area near the most beautiful bay..... So how could it go wrong? The hotel is situated right next to a major highway/motorway and one of the off ramps wraps around the building. It's very hard to drive into and almost impossible to drive out without being forced down the highway/motorway on ramp. The room was tiny. No proper bathroom door, just a sliding screen. The cafe/coffeeshop was a strange and expensive place. The staff were uninterested. They tried to charge me for 3x the days for parking fee. Not really close enough to walk easily to any of the attractions, and there are some 'less than desirable' areas to walk through, due to its location. The pool is tiny, impossible to do laps. Just don't do it. So many other choices. Ruined our holiday. Yuck

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, as feedback is valuable in constantly improving our guest experience. I am sorry to hear we fell short of your expectations, as we strive to provide our guests with a great location and comfortable accommodation with every stay. I have addressed the issues you stated with the front desk and restaurant departments, and hope you will allow us the opportunity to earn back your patronage. Please contact me if you have any questions or would like to discuss your stay further.

Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for the 2nd consecutive year prior to/at the beginning of Comic Con. The 2013 visit was for the Wednesday 7/17. My CC plans changed and I needed one additional night so this hotel fit the bill.

What i really appreciated is, having arrived very early (930 or so), being accommodated to a room as I totally would have understood if told to come back later. This was city #2 of a vacation and my only choice was early-morning arrival in order to do the CC preview night. Add that to that fact that i was recuperating from a broken foot (so taking it easy), the early checkin really helped.

Room was very comfy and quiet despite being on lower floor. As with last year, staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful from front desk to shuttle driver. My only feedback is that the communication regarding airport shuttle ETA needs to be more realistic (longer wait isnt cool when traveling for hours -- just be accurate, I appreciate the shuttle) -- then again a free shuttle is a great amenity. Specific to staff, kudos again to Bertha at the front desk who is absolutely wonderful and to your on-site manager who was personally greeting CC guests to make sure they were taken care of.

Would definitely stay here again and again. Great location as well...up the hill from Little Italy plus short walk from downtown core (bus line runs on 1st/2nd Aves if you're getting a pass anyhow). Thanks for a great stay

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your review and your continued loyalty to the Four Points San Diego Downtown during your yearly Comic Con trip! We are happy to hear you enjoyed our comfortable and quiet rooms and were able to accommodate your early arrival needs. We look forward to welcoming you back during Comic Con 2014.

Tim Earp, General Manager 619-239-9600

Been to Four Points by Sheraton San Diego Downtown? Share your experiences!