“Disappointed in the sheraton” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #169 of 269 hotels in San Diego
Niagara
“Disappointed in the sheraton”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

My husband, 20 month old daughter and I stayed here for 3 nights last week. It is a circular building which makes the rooms small and the parking horrific. The parking situation alone would make us not stay here again. It's a very hard lot to park in. The room was ok, a bit old and tired. I found a couple of hairs in the tub when we arrived which makes me wonder how well they clean the rooms between guests. And the first morning my daughter had a diaper leak, I removed the blanket she stained from the the bed. I put a note of apology on the blanket and explained what happened. That night when getting into bed I realized they put the dirty blanket back on the bed. Yuck.

The front desk staff were extremely friendly and helpful. One lady in particular went out of her way to help me with directions and give us bottles of water for my daughter.

The location isn't great for walking to the water and the gas lamp district. It's about a 20 minute walk. We knew this booking it, but I just wanted to mention it for others. I thought we'd be able to walk to balboa park but it was about a 35 min walk to the edge of the park, and not close to the museums. So we had to take the bus. Which was fairly easy and quite the experience.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Tim E, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton San Diego Downtown, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
We regret to hear about the issues you experienced during your stay with us. Your feedback has been shared with the staff to ensure the issues are corrected. We hope to have the opportunity to earn back your patronage during your next family trip, and show you the high level of service we strive for with all our guests. Please contact me if you have any questions or would like to discuss your stay further.

165 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Korean first
Albuquerque, NM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I normally stay here for business as per my company's decision. I wanted to stay there as I like the location and front desk staff. They have free shuttle service to and from the airport. The van driver, Francisco, was wonderful to us. My husband suffered a stroke over a year ago and is still paralyzed on the right side, walks with a cane and has mobility issues. Francisco recognized me and I introduced my husband. Immediately Francisco assessed the situation and went out of his way to make sure he got into the van safely and asked my husband of what else he could do to assist him. He went out of his way for us our entire stay and made sure we were taken of. The front desk staff was also very nice, helpful and knowledgeable. We were given a handicap room with a large window and a great view of the city. The room was great. Clean, quiet, and easy for him to maneuver around safely. There is a small area near the lobby where you can order food to eat there or to go. They sell beer and wine which is nice as well. We ate breakfast and dinner there during our stay and were quite surprised how good the food was. Location is great. Walking distance to Little Italy and the Harbor. We had to use taxi service most of the time so location kept fares low. We really like this hotel. This was the first time my husband traveled since his stroke. This memorable occasion was a great experience thanks to the hotel staff.

Room Tip: Rooms across from elevators tend to be a bit noisy as in all hotels. Ask for a view of the harbor. I...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Tim E, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton San Diego Downtown, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thank you for the kind comments and review of your stay. We are delighted to hear we were able to accommodate your needs and provide a memorable experience. The staff and I look forward to your future stays with us and look forward to helping you and your husband continue to build more great memories. If I may ever assist with future reservations please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel.

Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We had a great time at the Downtown San Diego Four Points! Beautiful room and views. Excellent service. The front desk was friendly and helpful. We booked our stay on priceline but due to unforeseen circumstances... flat tire in the middle of nowhere! we had to check-in a day later but couldn't be refunded. The manager made it up to us with discounts with our stay. Saved our vacation! We were given VIP passes to popular downtown restaurants when I asked about good food nearby. One night during our stay, we were so comfortable in our room that we ordered out and had the food delivered to our room! Great location too. We were minutes away from Sea World, the Zoo, and Chubasco 2 Fishing. Breakfast was good too, nothing fancy but honestly, we usually hit up local eats when we travel. Anyhow, I'll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind comments and for your stay at the Four Points San Diego Downtown. We always strive to exceed expectations with every stay, and are happy to hear we accomplished that goal during your vacation. We appreciate your business, as we know there are many options in San Diego, and will be happy to welcome you back again soon!

Collinsville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

This is a very nice place to stay. Close to the places to eat and also close to the Harbor. We really enjoyed our stay here. We had problems with our reservations due to Priceline, but Amanda at the front desk quickly made eveything right and went out of her way to make us comfortable. Thank you Amanda!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind comments regarding your stay at the Four Points San Diego Downtown. I have shared your feedback with the staff and Amanda, and we are happy to hear you felt comfortable and Amanda was able to correct your reservation issue quickly. We strive to provide a high level of service to all our guests, and are happy to hear that goal was reached. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Yuma, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

This hotel is right in the edge of Little Italy in the downtown area of San Diego. The room was clean and comfortable. Our room was right by the elevator and we heard people going back to their room all night long, loud talking and laughing, very rude. The hotel lobby is small and not very inviting. You have to pay $17 to park a car on their property. I will probably try a different hotel next time I am in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. It is our goal to give our guest a high level of service, and we are sorry to hear that goal was not met during your stay. We sincerely apologize for the issues you experienced with the noise and your comments have been shared with the staff to ensure these issues are resolved in the future. We hope to have the opportunity to earn back you patronage on your next visit to San Diego. Please contact me if you have any questions or would like to discuss your stay further.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

A standard, but comfortable hotel. The rooms were smart and clean. The bed in particular was very comfortable.

My only complaints would be that the front desk staff were sometimes more concerned about answering the phones than dealing with the customer standing in front of them, and that our shuttle service to the airport left early without us. That said, another member of staff brought another van around and took us himself.

Oh, and they forgot to charge us for the laundry. Nice.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Pro:

+The front desk staff was very nice, and they also were very flexible when we wanted to change rooms due to the bathrooms being ill-designed.

+ The rooms were clean and the air conditioning worked fine

Con:
- The bathroom doors in every room, except the 16th floor, are sliding doors. The real issue I had was that the door did not close all the way! There was a very 'open' gap which allowed the people within the room to hear whatever was going in the bathroom. This was an awful surprise.

-I don't feel as though this hotel was worth the $150 price per night. I also had previously stayed here five years ago when it was a Holiday Inn, and I didn't think it has changed much since then. The room was small, and the design was awkward.

Room Tip: If you want any privacy with your guests, please request a room on the 16th floor of the building.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Tim E, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton San Diego Downtown, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to comment on our hotel. We are happy to hear we were able to provide you with a clean room and accommodating staff service. I have reviewed the issues you stated in your room with the proper departments and have been looking into solutions. We are in the process of renovating areas of the hotel and hope you will allow us the opportunity to welcome you back. Please contact me if you have any questions or would like to discuss your stay further.

Tim Earp, General Manager 619-239-9600

Been to Four Points by Sheraton San Diego Downtown? Share your experiences!