“Good” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 269 hotels in San Diego
San juan
“Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

The location is not the most attractive but it was convenient for us for a downtown/harbor visit. It is expensive in comparison to other Hampton Inns I've stayed but cheaper vs hotels near the bay.

Room was always clean.

Breakfast was ok; nothing special but good cold and hot selections to begin the day.

There was always parking available.

Stayed June 2014

352 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

We stayed here for an SDSU graduation and the hotel was great! The location was easily accessible and allowed us close access to a FWY to go where we needed. We have two kids, under 3. We requested a crib in our room and it was there, the room was big enough to accommodate with two other queens in the room.

The beds were comfortable, we were right next to the elevator and didn't notice any excess noise. We enjoyed the pool although I wish it was warmed, even a little- it was almost too cold to get in. I would've also liked some extra towels available for swimming.

The breakfast area was smaller than other Hampton's that I've stayed at- but we took ours back to our room. Everything was tasty. The staff was very friendly, I needed to purchase some milk for my little one but the vending didn't have anything. The front desk found some for me from the kitchen, no charge.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to families who want an affordable, clean place to stay, free breakfast, free parking and great service. We will keep this hotel on our list of places to stay in San Diego!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Penfield, NY, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

The hotel is situated in a very busy area. It's a bit noisy outside. Road sound is absence inside. The location is very good no matter where you need to be in the San Diego region. Easy 5-10 minutes ride (depends on traffic) to downtown/airport area. Close to Route 5. Close to Mission Valley area. Good restaurants close but well hidden. Desk has good choice of near by eateries. Hotel is clean. Staff works hard to meet guest's needs.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Las Vegas, Nv, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

I highly recommend Hampton Inn. Over all stay was very comfortable. My mother has a medical problem and with the in and out access it made it very easy for me and also for her. The morning breakfast menu was very good and healthy. Hampton Inn thank you very much for a pleasant weekend and we"ll see you on our next trip.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

San Diego- Kearny Mesa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

Great room conditions, and staff. Front desk to maid service, to maintenance, made this stay memorable. I abused the breakfast buffet every morning, because it was so good. Great selections. Centrally located for San Diego area attractions, the zoo, Legoland, beaches, shopping, etc... Friendly, helpful staff. Would/will stay here again, given the occasion.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

SoCal, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

Very clean! The entire facility was clean with no obnoxious odors anywhere. The furnishings and decor were up to date and in excellent condition. Good location. Although not on "hotel row" it is not far from all the major attractions. Will definitely stay again and highly recommend it.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Arlington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

I have stayed at this location 10 times in the last 2 years. Every time I know I can expect a smiling face greeting me at the desk and great service throughout my stay. I am sorry that the do not have warm cookies at check-in anymore. Other than that, this is an excellent place to stay!! Convenient to 163 and I-8. I look froward to my next stay!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Been to Hampton Inn San Diego - Kearny Mesa? Share your experiences!