* Rooms are large and newly remodeled. They just finished remodeling all the rooms in March. Decor was contemporary and classy, using dark wood. The rooms include a wet bar, microwave and fridge.
* New large flat panel TVs (42"?) in living room; regular (though large) TV in bedroom.
* We were told that they improved the sound-proof quality of the rooms, which I believe is true because we didn't hear a peep from anyone else's room.
Breakfast Buffet was chaotic:
* The breakfast area was too small for the number of guests in the hotel. It was a nightmare trying to get food. The line for the omelets stretched 15 people long. There seemed to be lines for everything and such tight quarters that people were constantly trying to get by you with trays of food. The food was just so-so. Good pancakes, though. Limp french toast, bland scrambled eggs, overcooked omelets, good crispy bacon. Potatoes consisted of nuggets of deep fried "tater-tot" things.
* They serve Starbucks coffee in the coffee urns, but it tasted burnt most of the time.
* They were frequently out of things like clean silverware, plates, bowls, milk, fruit.
* Now Embassy is going to remodel all of the common areas in May 2007. They may fix this whole breakfast situation by making the area more expansive and efficient. I wouldn't go during construction, though.
5:00pm Snack Hour was kind of fun:
* They only serve potato chips, tortilla chips, pretzels, and salsa.
* However, they serve shirley temples for the kids and any alcoholic drink for the parents (including, for me, a Midori Sour). Coffee and tea also included.
Indoor swimming pool was good and bad:
* It was nice having an INDOOR pool since it was 62 degrees outside. Pool was clean and well-kept.
* However, pool was small and extremely noisy. Tons of kids running around, screaming, making canonballs, splashing. My 2-year-old and I stayed near the stairs and we made do. I'm glad they had the pool because my son loved it; but I just wish for my own sanity that it was bigger so that the kids would be spread out more.
* I did appreciate the fact that the pool is right near the elevators so that you wouldn't have to traipse through the lobby in your robe and swimming suit.
Front desk people and concierge were really helpful and just plain nice. They got a crib into our room in record time. When we called to ask why the heater was only blowing cool air, they offered to send someone up right away. When we explained that our son was already asleep and therefore we didn't want a repairman to come and wake him up, they promised he would be very quiet. I thought that was cute. We still didn't take them up on the offer that night, but he showed up the next morning anyway, which was kind of nice.
Overall, I really enjoyed staying here but would go somewhere else for breakfast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just minutes from the beautiful beaches of La Jolla, CA, the Embassy Suites San Diego - La Jolla offers unparalleled comfort for business and leisure travelers. Hotel guests enjoy spacious suite accommodations, complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast, and refreshments with light snacks at the complimentary Evening Reception. The hotel's 340 suites are 100% non-smoking and feature a private bedroom, living room with sofa bed, two HDTVs, MP3 player/clock radio, workspace with ergonomic desk chair, and Internet connection availability. Additional on-site amenities include meeting and event space, business center, fitness center, dry sauna, and indoor pool. Dine easily with room service or at one of the on-site restaurants, P.F. Chang's China Bistro or Indulge Restaurant and Lounge. Ideal for business travelers, this La Jolla hotel is conveniently located near the offices of Ernst & Young, IBM, and Pfizer. Leisure guests enjoy close proximity to La Jolla beaches, the San Diego Zoo, Legoland California, Torrey Pines Golf Course, and Westfield UTC. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Hilton Hotels, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and getaroom.com so you can book your Embassy Suites San Diego - La Jolla reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites San Diego - La Jolla Hotel San Diego
- Embassy Suites La Jolla
- San Diego Embassy Suites