“Nice Stay For Active Shoppers” 4 of 5 stars

SeaWorld Package
Ranked #80 of 271 Hotels in San Diego
GreenLeadersSilver level
Warsaw, Poland
“Nice Stay For Active Shoppers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

A very nice hotel with very large rooms. It is a cross from a shopping mall that one daughter is very anxious to see. It also is next door to a P. F. Changes where we ate dinner. Our disabled accessible suite is nice with railings to help disabled folks transfer. It has a limited space parking, so get there early.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Tim B, General Manager at Embassy Suites San Diego - La Jolla, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
Dear CulverCityAndy,

Fabulous to hear that your recent stay was excellent, from the spacious suite to the fabulous location, hope you and your daughter enjoyed the vast array of spectacular shops opposite in the lovely outdoor Westfield Mall.

We do hope that we will see you again in the very near future.

Tim

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Newport Beach, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

The hotel was no vacancy but that still does not mean that having popcorn in your bed when you pull back the sheets for the first time is acceptable. Food was good in the AM. Make sure to avoid the 01,02,35,36 ending rooms or else you will hear elevators all night long.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Tim B, General Manager at Embassy Suites San Diego - La Jolla, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Dear Gershon A,

Thank you for being our guest and I was appalled to hear that you found popcorn in your bed, I have expressed your concerns and commentary to the Executive Suite Keeper for her to investigate whom cleaned and inspected your suite. I would of loved the opportunity to correct this during your stay whether we moved suites or had our suite keeping manager or I personally change your linen.

Delighted that the balance of your stay was enjoyable and that your breakfast experience was a great one.

Hoping very much that you will allow us to see you again in the near future.

Cricklade, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

This is my 4th visit to The Embassy Suites on La Jolla Village Drive (and my first this year). The location is perfect for me when I visit my US office, as it's just 2 blocks away. Perfectly located directly across the street is the Westfield Mall (great for shopping for a gift for the wife).

The hotel itself is exactly what you would expect from a Hilton (HHonors) branded hotel. Friendly reception staff with a professional welcome. As a frequent guest, my check-in was quick, smooth and efficient. My preferred choice of room (high floor, close to elevator) was available and the room itself was as comfortable as I remember from my previous stays. All rooms are 2-bedroom suites, with ample space including a fridge to store the complimentary bottled water. The bathroom was exceptionally clean (which is always a welcome sight). The bed is very comfortable with more pillows and cushions than I have in my whole household at home!

The facilities are ideal for the business traveller. There's a small gym, a nice sized pool and even an outdoor hot tub. The bar/restaurant is always managed by friendly staff. Dan and Josh both remembered me from my previous visits and I enjoyed some US vs British banter with them over a refreshing ice cold pint of Stone IPA (my favourite). The food is very nice and the complimentary cooked breakfast gives you a great start to the day. They also do a 'Happy Hour' (Manager's Reception) in the afternoons with complimentary drinks, although I didn't take advantage of that on this visit.

I'm thinking of switching my room preferences as I could hear the elevators from my room, but this is not the fault of the hotel (I just need to remember to request a room away from the elevator next time).

Overall, I'd recommend this hotel to any friends and family, whether travelling on business or leisure. The local area is beautiful (if you have time to enjoy it), with Torrey Pines and La Jolla Cove just a few minutes away.

Room Tip: Request a room away form the elevators for a good night's sleep.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Damo1976,

Fantastic to hear that once again we delivered a brilliant stay, from the guest services team to the suite keeping team, and not forgetting Dan and Josh. The Stone IPA is a good alternative when bitter is not available, I agree.

Your comments are truly appreciated as are you being our guest. We all look forward to the next opportunity to say "Welcome Back".

Southern California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Recently stayed here in June and found our experience at the ES to be pleasant. Check in was quick and the clerk was friendly and explained everything. Our corner suite was very spacious and even had a dinning table for six. No complaints about the room or staff. There is a small gym next to the pool and we made use out of it. The pool was nice, however there were just too many kids to do any type of swimming. There is a small outdoor jacuzzi, but that was overrun by kids as well. That didn't bother us as we expect this at most ES. The only negative I would have to say was that the breakfast was a zoo. There was hardly any seating and the lines were long. This might have been attributed to the fact that it was a weekend stay and the hotel was overrun with families. Other than that, I find the ES to be comparable or slightly above other ES that I have stayed at. Would definitely consider staying at this resort again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Tempdragon,

Thank you Thank you we very much appreciate your commentary on your recent experience here in San Diego-La Jolla at the Embassy Suites. The corner suite you reserved is lovely and spacious and with the additional seating area lends perfectly to a relaxing and enjoyable evening.

I am so delighted that your arrival was friendly and informative, I will pass this on to our guest services team, thank you.

The complimentary breakfast should certainly be smooth and allow each and every guest to enjoy a great start to the day and then visit the San Diego Zoo, not be a part of it. Our complimentary breakfast team work very hard to try and ensure all tables and chairs are available both inside and on our patios, during the summer months additional hot buffets are also offered to give our guests options.

Thank you for your valuable review as without these we cannot make a great hotel just that much better each and everyday.

Scotts Valley, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Wonderful hotel experience. Breakfast was delicious, specially the made to order eggs/omelets. We also enjoyed tasty margaritas during the evening reception. Perfect location: UTC mall right accross the street, beach in less then 10 minutes, zoo and downtown 20 minutes away. Staff were friendly too. Having the pool indoors, however was the only big negative.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Dear Roberto G,

Wonderful to hear that your stay was WONDERFUL, we truly appreciate your guests applauding our friendly team it means the world to us, thank you.

Delighted that you found the amenities of the hotel and location convenient and perfect. I too wish we had an indoor and outdoor pool but often is a welcome change if you have been to the beach in the sun all day.

Cheers and we look forward to the next opportunity to welcome you back.

San Francisco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

First of I have to say the reception staff were very pleasant and the concierge Luanne was patient and willing to offer ideas for places that would be worth our while to see. The hotel staff were courteous overall. The breakfast is fantastic - great variety. The manager's reception could offer a better selection of snacks. The cocktail selection was very good. The hotel is opposite a lovely mall which has upscale shops and plenty of places to eat. Close to the freeway exits and to UCSD. Hotel is 15 min drive from La Jolla beach. Not far from Sea World and Old Town. The negatives - the rooms need to be upgraded, the coffee supplies and other things in the room need to be replenished daily. The pool is very small due to which it gets very crowded. Overall we had a good stay. Very family oriented hotel. If visiting Old Town visit Casa De Reyes. Good place to eat.

• Stayed August 2014
Dear RSun,

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel for your recent stay and delighted that your experience with the team here was cordial and memorable, specifically Luanne and the guest service team.

Our hotel continues to be current with the newly installed guest suite carpet, new soft furnishings are to arrive in 2015, public lobby space will be transformed by the end of the year coupled with new elevators and exterior colour.

I truly hope that we will again have the pleasure of seeing you in the near future.

Waldwick, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

I am a Hilton member and first stay at this property. Check-in was exceptionally long. Rooms are fine along with breakfast and location is close to local interstates. Had to pay for wifi as I am silver not gold level. Property is showing signs of age. Room was directly across from the elevator so a bit noisy but closed the bedroom door and it was OK.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Seafarer4,

Thank you for being our guest and a loyal Hilton Honor member, I am terribly sorry for delivering Just OK as it is and will continue to be my responsibility to deliver as close to perfect as possible.

Our internet service is through StayConnected and alas have little control over the costs that are associated with this service, with the exception of Hhonor Gold and Diamond which are covered by the program. We are fortunate that a 100mbs upgrade will be complete this coming next month allowing us many more options and price points which will hopefully help future guest experience in this arena.

This coming September we will have a complete elevator re-modernization which will deliver a complete quiet operation.

Thank you again and I do hope that you will allow us the opportunity to welcome you back.

Tim

Been to Embassy Suites San Diego - La Jolla? Share your experiences!