“Under renovation ” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #142 of 270 Hotels in San Diego
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Under renovation ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Didn't find out this hotel is under renovation until checked in and stopped by elevator. Better if notify customer earlier, cuz somebody might have allergy to the dust and paint.... Inside room is above average, clean n functioning. Not sure when the room service start do rounds. The room was not clean up until 5:30pm. Staff are friendly.

Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
Winchester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We stayed here during the National Safety Conference in 2014. What a Great Hotel. It is within walking distance of the conference center and the Gaslamp District plus it offered a beautiful view of Coronado Island and the bay.
The remodeling others complained about was completed and everything was open for use. The hotel offers a cooked to order breakfast which was a big plus for us...we like to hang out and get a late start so we can enjoy more of the wonderful nightlife San Diego has to offer
Great place, Good food, close to everything ...includint the rail line so you can get around without a car.

Room Tip: Pick a bay view room....watch the boats come and go
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Upland, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We've stayed at this branch before and was very happy with the service and accommodation. This last stay was disappointing. The hotel was being renovated. The lobby and atrium area was all torn up. I asked about the renovation, check if the pool/spa are operational, she said yes and that the renovation is only at the lobby area. The breakfast area was moved to the mezzanine. The breakfast service was very poor. They were constantly running out of food. The chefs cooking the omelet are very nice and apologetic.

After visiting SeaWorld for the day,my family and I decided to enjoy the pool/spa. When we got there, the pool was cold and the spa was not hot at all. I spoke to the front desk about it and was told they will send a maintenance guy after he's done with a leak problem. Maintenance guy never showed up. A person named KIM showed up to tell us to get our of the SPA and that the pool/spa is closed! Very rude. I told her that the spa is not heating up and she completely ignore me.

The next day, the same incident happened again. My husband and kids decided to use the pool and spa earlier...maybe it will work. No luck, the SPA was not hot at all. On checking out, I mentioned this incidents to the front desk. There was no response, they handed me a business card that says "Spread the Word" share your experience on our Tripadvisor page. Needless to say, a very disappointing experience.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

I stayed here over the weekend to celebrate my daughters birthday. I was very disappointed with my stay. The hotel is a mess, due to construction, and also very noisy. We had hoped to use the hot tub while visiting and it was closed off due to the construction. I was charged double for parking and had a mystery charge on my card that wasn't listed on my invoice at checkout. I called to clear up the charges and the gal I talked to seemed annoyed with me, she said she would credit back one of the parking charges (still waiting) and she couldn't tell me what the other charge was. I had stayed here on a previous visit and enjoyed the location, but, was very disappointed with my stay and the level of service.

• Stayed January 2015
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Stayed here Jan 2015. The entire middle of the hotel is under construction so it is off limits. You have to listen to work being done and the breakfast and happy hour is in a moved to a small ballroom. You also have to valet parking for $42 per day. There is no self parking. The staff was very friendly, and did a lot to make our stay more enjoyable. I wish I would have read it was under construction, I wouldn't have stayed there.

• Stayed January 2015
Fredericksburg, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I've stayed at this hotel before and it's usually been nice, but this time there was major construction in the entire main area of the hotel. This made it very unpleasant and loud during the day, with workers chipping cement off the floor with a loud machine. It may seem unfair to penalize this usually nice hotel due to a temporary construction period, but I feel they should have described the potential discomfort better than they did. They still had the free cocktails and appetizers in the evening, in a couple small meeting rooms. That helped.

Room Tip: Wait until the construction has finished.
Green Features: This is not one of my main concerns. They do the normal Hilton thing, re-using towels and sheets unless you request them to be replaced.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
GeneralManager-ESD, General Manager at Embassy Suites San Diego Bay - Downtown, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Rojayya, Cocktails and snacks always make for a pleasant ending of the day. Especially when they are complementary like they are with Embassy Suites. We hope that you will come back and enjoy our nightly reception in our brand new atrium. On top of our new look we still have our great location that is walking distance to many great attractions in the downtown area. We look forward to welcoming you back.

R. Kravitz
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Excellent hotel in downtown San Diego. Good rooms & bathrooms.
Good view.
U can hop skip & jump to sea port village. Hang around & have fun. Not to far from glasglam quarters.--- full of eateries.
Good breakfast.... Which is a rare thing in the american hotels... B&b.
Silver lining----In the evening there's a managers cocktail- one can have couple of drinks for free........ Which we never missed in our 3 days stay.
Heated swimming pool.
Overall very pleasant stay.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Been to Embassy Suites San Diego Bay - Downtown? Share your experiences!