“Disastrous” 2 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Irvine, California
“Disastrous”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Before reserving in this hotel I red the note from the hotel that there is some construction which I though it will be small and contained but I was surprised when I checked in around midnight that almost all the grand floor is under construction and renovation. Giving my late check out, I did attempt to change the hotel specially that my family were with me and I have a meeting early morning. The second suprise is that there planned cut off of water daily from 11-3 am !!! imagine the situation for a family with 3 young kids without water except of small bottles. additionally, there is only valet parking which cost 39$.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Fresno, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

The level of construction in this hotel is not acceptable to guests. My wife and I were given no notice of this major project. I have noticed the manager's responses to complaints and it is not good enough. When one has booked in advance for a hotel there is no good reason to revisit the website, so a banner on the website saying work is being done is not good enough. You should PROACTIVELY email all your pre booked guests that construction is happening so that your guests then have the choice to continue with the booking or cancel before it is too late to do so. It is disgraceful to surprise the guests in this way. I booked this room because I had meetings set up during the day which was embarrassing to my clients. Had to meet and pay for lunch meetings outside of the hotel . I've had enough of the Hilton Honors program

Room Tip: Wasn't offered as a Hilton Honors member and had to ask
Green Features: I feel sorry for the employees that are hearing all of the complaints in which they had no control over. I didn't meet one happy guest
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
GeneralManager-ESD, General Manager at Embassy Suites San Diego Bay - Downtown, responded to this review, 4 days ago
FranklinsFresno, I appreciate your feedback and regret that that our upgrades disrupted your stay. To reiterate the hotel’s stance on notifying our guests we do so in advance on the website, our confirmation, and our pre-arrival email. If you did not receive these I will certainly review our processes again. We do value your business as a HH guest and certainly hope you will return to see the new look of our hotel as I am sure you will be pleasantly surprised!

Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

My review of this hotel would, I'm sure, be much better for a future stay. I would not recommend staying here however due to substantial remodeling/construction going on at this time. First off, the staff was very courteous and helpful. I would give the staff an excellent rating, even while we had to shout at each other while checking in, over the sound of a jackhammer. The atrium is undergoing major reconstruction, and the noise was very loud. I would definitely check out this hotel once construction is completed. The breakfast buffet was very good. I would find somewhere else to stay right now though.

Room Tip: We had a bay front room, and the view was very nice.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
LandSMom thank you for mentioning our team members who are going the extra step for our guests during our renovation. The worst part of the lobby construction is behind us now. We look forward to having you back to enjoy our new look and our great location.

Carson, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

This is the 2nd time staying here and we loved it. The staff are all very professional and the hotel is beautiful. And what can I say about the view it is absolutely breathtaking. Can't wait to come back again.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Roswell, GA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

We love Embassy suites and our room was nice, as usual. The location is great, right across from the harbor and the newly updated Seaport Village. However, that is where good news ends. The lobby is under major renovations and looks like a creepy scene in a scary movie. It was noisy and the evening reception and breakfast were in the hallway of one floor, which was very crowded. I am absolutely amazed that they didn't tell us about the renovation when we made our reservation. So be sure to ask before booking. They should have at least given a discount on the parking, which is outrageous - $38 per day. We got a letter in our room apologizing for the inconvenience. Yippee.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask about the renovation before booking. Also, remember the parking is $38 per day.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
GeneralManager-ESD, General Manager at Embassy Suites San Diego Bay - Downtown, responded to this review, 6 days ago
DaisyRoswell GA thank you for your review and mentioning our views and great location. They truly remain great no matter what is going on in the lobby. Although we are under renovation all of our amenities such as our complementary cooked to order breakfast, spacious room, and evening reception are still available to all of our guests to enjoy. Also, our restaurants including our very own Dunkin Donuts are still open as well. We look forward to your return visit so we can show off our new look.

Chula Vista, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Seriously---the hotel looks like a bomb went off in it. DO NOT stay here until renovation is complete. No common area for families to relax, the noise is so loud that it was 105 decibels...the air was thick with dust and debris. It shows in your hair when you walk through the halls. If anyone has asthma or issues with breathing in any way...stay AWAY until renovation is complete. I booked in the first week of Oct and never saw any notice of any renovations. I am horrified that we had to stay there for our staycation with a babysitter booked to meet us there and our reservations for Wicked and dinner being in town. Please call before going to see if it is complete. The plastic they had holding back debris was ridiculous at best. It was in your hair, in your mouth, on your food...everywhere. Keep young kids out of there.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Robert K. T. as we finish the first phase of our renovation all that you mentioned will be behind us. We have taken many precautions to keep the benefits of staying at an Embassy Suites in tact no matter what is happening. Although some have mentioned what is going on with the first phase of our construction in a negative tone, many have plans throughout their stay which keep them outside enjoying all that our location has to offer during the day time while the construction is taking place. I regret that you did not see the same benefit. We hope that you will come back for another staycation in the future as I am sure you will enjoy the finished product.

chicago
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I will start with a positive. The staff was helpful and se doing their best during this MAJOR remodel. I would like to thank Eric G, the valet attendant. He was so kind, helpful, and went above and beyond to help me navigate my way around an unfamiliar city.
Now for the problem.
I was attending a conference. The conference director was told about the remodeling. They also said that the construction would not be visible to the hotel guests. That was FAR from the truth. The noise, smell, and dust was triggered my asthma! I was misserable and had to get out if this hotel. I am sure it will be beautiful when it is completed but I would avoid this hotel until construction is completed! The hotel refused to compensate me stating that my rate was already a lower rate because of the conference. If I could upload my pictures, you would see the whole lower level is dirt'

• Stayed November 2014
Ucanto, thank you for mentioning one of our team members who made a difference during your stay. I regret the disconnect regarding what was communicated to you prior to your arrival. You are correct. The hotel will be beautiful once the renovation is complete. I also assure you that the worst part of the project is behind us. Please come back and enjoy our new look and great location.

R. Kravitz

Been to Embassy Suites San Diego Bay - Downtown? Share your experiences!