“Family stay in Embassy suites” 4 of 5 stars

AAA Members Save More!
Ranked #86 of 270 hotels in San Diego
GreenLeadersSilver level
Melbourne, Australia
“Family stay in Embassy suites”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

Rooms were clean and adequate, really enjoyed the nightly managers reception. Breakfast was ok but selection was limited especially if your not a fan of the hot breakfast. Valet were always very friendly and helpful. Great location and fairly good value stay.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Emma S, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites San Diego Bay - Downtown, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am glad to hear that you found our rooms clean and adequate and you enjoyed the managers reception. I will certainly pass your comments regarding breakfast on to the kitchen team as we do try and cater for all tastes.

We hope to welcome you back to our hotel very soon!

547 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Newport, OR, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Clean, well appointed hotel in downtown San Diego. Near good restaurants and walking distance to Petco park, Gaslamp district and waterfront. Complimentary evening cocktails and snack was nice. Fitness room has a few cardio machines and some dumbbells.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Springfield, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

I was there for a conference and did not get a chance to take advantage of all the amenities, but the free evening receptions, free breakfasts, and free internet were very much appreciated. The hotel is in a nice location convenient to several restaurants and the convention center.

Wynnewood, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. The location of this hotel is terrific. The breakfast was excellent. My complaint was with the condition of the bathroom vanity and sink area. It looked like someone put it together with a chisel.

Dear Barry,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.
I have passed on your comments about the vanity in the bathroom to our maintenance team to ensure the unit is repaired or replaced. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

On a more positive note I am pleased you found our staff friendly and helpful and you enjoyed your breakfast!

We hope to welcome you back to our hotel very soon!

Falls Church
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

Besides the cooked to order breakfast each morning and the stunning views of the San Diego Bay, the staff bends over backwards to make you feel warm and welcomed. Sandra and Ashley were so friendly and professional and greeted me each time I entered the hotel lobby. The hotel is located within easy walking distance of the light rail station and the famous Gas Lamp district as well as Petco Field and the convention center. The room was clean and is truly a suite. I highly recommend this hotel for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: Pay a little extra to have a view of the Bay...it's worth it.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Emma S, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites San Diego Bay - Downtown, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Thanks so much for staying with us in San Diego! We are happy that you received excellent service from our front desk team, and I have passed along your feedback to Sandra and Ashley. I am glad our guest room, facilities and location exceeded your expectations.Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay.
I am happy to see we were able to take care of your needs and that your stay was enjoyable overall.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon,

Stockholm, Sweden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

This hotel meets the basic requirements for what's acceptable: clean (and large) rooms, decently comfortable beds, ok location. The decor, particularly in the rooms, is shabby and dated. It's nice that breakfast is free, but the quality is middling and there are very limited options. It would have been serviceable as a business hotel if not for the terrible internet connection. My first night at the hotel, it didn't work at all and I had to call the desk several times. The staff were openly uninterested in helping - they promised to switch me to a new room with a better connection and never did. Over the course of my stay, service would come in and out unreliably, making it impossible to get any work done. I received free internet through the conference I was in town attending, but would have been irate if I had paid their standard $13/day fee.

For over $200 a night, I expect much better service and facilities and would not stay here again.

Green Features: They claimed to have some kind of environmentally-friendly programs in place, but nothing specific that I was made aware of. At the breakfast, drinks are served in disposable cups rather than glassware, which is actively not environmentally friendly.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
GeneralManager-ESD, General Manager at Embassy Suites San Diego Bay - Downtown, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Thank you for sharing your thoughts regarding your most recent experience. I am glad that you liked our spacious rooms, comfortable beds, and our location near all of the downtown San Diego’s attractions. We are in the middle of upgrading our internet infrastructure which will provide better connectivity. This project will be completed shortly. It disappoints me that you did not enjoy the cooked to order breakfast each morning. Your comments are taken seriously and have been shared here with the hotel team.

We do hope to welcome you back in the future.

R Kravitz
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

When I booked the hotel I wasn't sure about it, but now I can say that I will book this hotel for my next trip to San Diego. The location of this hotel is perfect, walking distance from downtown and all the restaurants. The service was good and the room was really big and clean. I recommend the happy hour at the hotel for a snack and drink. The complimentary breakfast has healthy option and fruits too. Cheesecake Factory is right across the street, if you don't want to walk couple of blocks to local restaurants.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for staying with us in San Diego . I am glad we were able to leave you with a great impression of our property! Thank you for mentioning our great location and I am pleased that it was convenient for your visit to San Diego.
We look forward to seeing you on your next trip soon!

Guest Relations Manager

Been to Embassy Suites San Diego Bay - Downtown? Share your experiences!