“Hot breakfast?” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #185 of 270 Hotels in San Diego
Palm Springs, California
“Hot breakfast?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

We stayed here a year ago and decided to stay again. We called a week or so in advance and made the reservation and aasked if we could have room 103 again as we knew it had a micro and frig. When we arrived (10:30AM) that room was not going to be available. We did not expect to check in that early, we just wanted to register. We went for a walk and returned around noon. We were given room 104. The room was nice and clean but did not have the frig and micro. The food I had brought along to microwave went bad of course. The coupon book advertises a hot breakfast. The two mornings we were there, breakfast consisted of apples, oranges, juice, cold hard boiled eggs, white bread for toasting, coffee so weak my husband put a tea bag into his and turned it into tea, 3 kinds of cold cereal and instant hot oatmeal packages. This is an adequate breakfast but not what I call a hot breakfast. We would stay again depending on price because it is in an excellent location to the cruise terminal. Also in this area, if you want to do a price comparison, is a Residence Inn by Marriott, a Hampton Inn, a Day's Inn and a Marina Inn. We paid $69 a night

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
GuestRelationsDept, Manager at Pacific Inn Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you for staying at the Pacific Inn & Suites again! Unfortunately, the room you had requested that day was unavailable due to the fact that the guest decided to stay over another night. However, the front desk associate had accommodated you in room 104 because it had the same bedding, layout, and location as 103 and it was clean by 12pm. During the time of your request you had requested room 103, but not the fridge and microwave specifically. If you had requested a room with a fridge and microwave then we would have been able to check you into a room with those two amenities, but the room location, layout, and bedding would have been different. The next time you are planning to visit San Diego, please email me personally at poojap@hotelhosts.com, I will setup your reservations and guarantee any and all requests you have.

Pooja Patel
Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Seattle, Washington, Usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Vicky at the front desk was so sweet during my stay. She helped me with directions to SDSU as my son was graduating. Congrats Tony! She also arranged for us dinner reservations in Old Town which I have never seen a hotel clerk do before. I cant say enough about the staff at the Vagabond especially Vicky.

Room Tip: Vicky will help you with anything you need!!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

me and my husband went for a mini getaway to SD, we got a Jacuzzi suite, it was a nice lil room, the jacuzzi tub was awesome, breakfast was continental style, but we made waffles, had cereal, bagels coffee and juice, it was pretty quiet for us. its no resort style, just an average hotel, so if thats what you're expecting go else where, but if your looking for inexpensive and pleasant, this was a nice choice for us, Jacuzzi suite is for a very reasonable price

• Stayed December 2012
GuestRelationsDept, Guest Relations Manager at Pacific Inn Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you for posting a review for our hotel, but for future guests I would like to speak to the breakfast. Although we do have Jacuzzi suites, our hotel does not provide waffles, and instead of bagels we have toast.

Yes sir, we are hotel that does not have very many frills, but with complimentary breakfast, free wifi, and free parking all at budget friendly prices you can't go wrong. I am glad that you were able to stay in our Jacuzzi suites, as they are extremely popular with our guests.

I can see by the number of reviews, and places you have visited that you are a very credible source, and I hope that our future guests will use your review to stay with us.
El Paso, Texas, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

The hotel was simple and included everything we needed. From the pool to breakfast all the way down to HBO TV in the room. Though the only downfall of the HBO was that my boyfriend didnt let me sleep because he was too busy watching tv.

The customer service was really fast. whenever i asked for an extra towel or for a wakeup call it was done within 5 minutes personally by the front desk. (kind of a nice touch)

The pool was good enough and the water temp. wasnt that bad either.

The breakfast included eggs, toast, cereal, coffee, tea, OJ, and i think oatmeal also which was fine because we are not big breakfast people anyways

the WIFI was a little slow so we called the front desk to let them know and they restarted th emodem and it worked perfectly fine after that.

So i mean there were a few minor bumps here and there but thanks to the front desk they were all fixed.

I surely recommend this hotel to all. It is definetly a good fine in downtown at an affordable rate.

Room Tip: Try to get a room near the Front desk
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
GuestRelationsDept, Manager at Pacific Inn Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay, it is our number one priority to provide you with the best service possible, and thank you for attesting to the fact that our staff was attentive to all of your needs. At the Pacific Inn we strive to make your visit to San Diego as enjoyable as possible, by providing you with clean rooms, great service, all at budget friendly prices, and after reading your comments it seems we were able to hit all three of those marks! Thank you for choosing the Pacific Inn, we look forward to your next stay.
Phoenix, Arizona, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

My girlfriend and I drove down to San Diego to get away from the heat. We didn't realize how hard it would be to find a room without booking a reservation. After driving around looking for a place to stay we found the Pacific Inn. The front desk employee was very helpful. He showed us a room to prove their cleanliness and quality. He gave us directions and suggestions of what to visit. I'm glad we found the Pacific Inn

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
GuestRelationsDept, Manager at Pacific Inn Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Thank you for staying with us! It was our pleasure to accommodate you during the busy weekend. We are glad to hear that our hotel was effective in providing you great customer service.
Irvine, California, Usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I went to the pacific inn this past weekend and realized I had mistakenly booked my room for a queen size bed instead of a king size. It was memorial weekend and they had no additional rooms available. However, David, the desk clerk, called his sister hotel and rearranged rooms so that I would be able to sleep in a King size bed. I will definately be coming back!!! Thanks Pacific Onn you guys are the best!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
GuestRelationsDept, General Manager at Pacific Inn Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
We sincerely appreciate your positive comments, and we can't wait for your next visit to San Diego. I'm happy that our front desk staff was able to accommodate you in the room you wanted, as we do our best to meet the requests of our guests as best as we can. Once again, thank you for choosing our hotel!
Houston, Texas, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

You know I read the reviews before I booked my room and was hesistant but decided to book anyways. I knew this was not going to be the Marriott as it seems that most people who post reviews for this hotel think it is. The rooms were clean, there was wifi and it was walking distance to the trolley. People expect way too much for the bargain prices you pay when staying at this hotel. The breakfast is fine the noise isn't bad. I was happy with my stay and it was exactly what I expected.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
GuestRelationsDept, Owner at Pacific Inn Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Dear Victoria,

I would like to say from the bottom of my heart thank you for this review. When I read this review, it brought a smile to my face as it is very rare that a guest reviews our hotel with the utmost truth. I hope that future guests will read your review, as it attests to what our hotel truly is. As soon as I read this review, I knew I had to respond myself. Thank you again.

Been to Pacific Inn Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!