“Great room for the money! ” 4 of 5 stars

You added Diamond Head Inn to your Saves list
Diamond Head Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   605 Diamond St, San Diego, CA 92109 (Pacific Beach)   |
Ranked #175 of 269 hotels in San Diego
“Great room for the money! ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

The girl at check in could care less about us. Parking was scarse. The room was bigger than we expected, very nice and clean. Close to beach and lots of bars! Aside from the service here, we would stay here again.

jimsilver, General Manager at Diamond Head Inn, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
I want to apologize for the service. For me, as the GM, the service is the number one concern. As you mentioned, the beach is right outside of our door, and we are in the process of improving our rooms, so those are easy. We will continue to work on that. Thank you very much.

127 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Morristown, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

The Hotel is almost on the beach and that is all that matters. Rooms are more than adequate and price is very reasonable. Hansa at the front desk is very professional and cool. Room was clean but a bit tattered. Hansa mentioned that they are renovating all rooms soon and the price will be the same. We will be back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Hasna was correct about the renovation, and it will be completed very soon. And, of course, we are very happy that you stayed with us, and we hope you will come and stay with us again! Regarding the location, it is very hard to beat!
Maroa, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

This was our second visit to this Inn. the rooms are very conveniently located on Pacific Beach. Close to many eateries, bike, boggie board and surf board rentals and in a safe area. Both of our visits we found our rooms to be clean, quiet and comfortable. We love having the kitchenette so that we don't have to eat out for all our meals if we choose not to. We will be back for another visit next year.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
jimsilver, General Manager at Diamond Head Inn, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Thank you for your review! It's always great to hear about a guest that returns and says they will be returning again!!! I hope we will be seeing you again very soon!
Mesa, Arizona, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I booked this hotel on the advice of a friend who had stayed there with her family many times. The location was right on the boardwalk at Pacific Beach, the room was comfortable and had a kitchenette. The hotel was clean and quiet and reasonably priced. I will definitely stay there again. The woman in the office, Hasna, was so warm and welcoming and I thoroughly enjoyed chatting with her. She made the place so inviting and is a valuable asset to the place.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
jimsilver, General Manager at Diamond Head Inn, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the advice of your friend and staying with us! We do hope you will come back and stay with us again very soon. I'll be sure to let Hasna know about your comments. We are seriously concentrating on service, and I'm glad it's noticeable.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

the price is reasonable for the beach - that is the best news - kind of like camping indoors. The unit was too dark. The sofa pullout could not be slept on without extra cushioning. The TV in the bedroom had been ripped off the tabletop and not replaced. The worst actually was the absence of electrical outlets in the kitchen. The coffeemaker had to sit on the table and barely reached the single outlet. The toaster would not reach the outlet without an extension which I am sure is against fire code and was a tripping hazard. The refrig door shelves were broken and unusable. It was quiet enough and one had a small ocean view thru the kitchen window. Overall the 1 bedroom was fine for two people, crowded for 3 (one on the sofa). I would suggest bringing a lamp and an extension cord tho!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. I guess when we last renovated, we didn't consider the extra appliances we would be needing now. I admit that we are a little overdue on renovation, and the good news is that we are getting ready for a fairly extensive upgrade. It sounds like you were in room number 108 by your description. That room has always been dark as hardly any sunlight is accessed through the windows. We do, however, have many very bright rooms with some full ocean views with balconies overlooking the beach! I do hope you will try us again, and please ask about the better view. Thank you, again!
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

The rooms have full kitchenettes and you cannot beat the LOCATION or the PRICE. I absolutely loved my time at the Diamond Head Inn and I will be staying there again. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, the staff are wonderful! They never made me feel like I was a bother asking for another pillow and blanket . A great choice to stay for someone that doesnt need a 5 star hotel and wants to be in the heart of Pacific Beach, right on the ocean. This is a great 3 star motel. Thanks for a wonderful stay. I'll be back!

Room Tip: My choice would be ocean facing but if you just need to be near the water and a good sleep then take...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
jimsilver, General Manager at Diamond Head Inn, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
We are very happy to hear that you will choose us again the next time you are in Pacific Beach! I know you really enjoyed your stay, but we have some upgrades that will be taking place inside of the rooms very soon. And, like we always have, we are striving to be the best at customer service to help make your next stay even better than your last.

Thank you!
Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I am VERY PICKY! I will come again without any doubt and I am telling everyone I can how wonderful it is considering the location and price!!! The bedding, room, and grounds were very clean! Very impressive for the age of the hotel! Continental Breakfast was just like every hotel serves...Danish's, coffee, tea, OJ. Ok so the remotes for the tv's didn't work and we had to walk to the TV. Oh well, we weren't there for TV. ;) The parking is terrible but ALL of California especially around the beaches is packed. We only actually drove anywhere 1 time. Quite a few restaurants close by along with a couple small stores so there was no need to drive. If you decide to go elsewhere to stay...just means more room for me and my friends in the future :P. :) ~Couple in late 40's~

Room Tip: I believe there were only two balcony rooms. But who goes there to sit in the room and stare at an o...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you, and we will be more than happy to accommodate you both again in the hopefully very near future. Just to let you know, we are updating the rooms very soon and this, along with the perfect location, should make us a very desireable place to stay for just about anyone. Yes, the parking is an issue for some, but like you said, there are so many choices of restaurants and shops within walking distance. And, of course, the beach is right here!!!

Thank you very much!

Been to Diamond Head Inn? Share your experiences!