“Very friendly management” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn I-15 Miramar

You added Quality Inn I-15 Miramar to your Saves list
Quality Inn I-15 Miramar
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9350 Kearny Mesa Road, San Diego, CA 92126 (Formerly Budget Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #128 of 269 Hotels in San Diego
Ventura, California
“Very friendly management”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

This budget-priced motel near the Miramar Air Station is quite adequate for a few-night stay in the San DIego area if you don't want to pay downtown prices. The front-desk clerk was very friendly and accommodating. The room was clean enough, although the carpet could have used a shampoo. The breakfast was very good, especially for the class of motel this is. Interior corridors are a security plus. The room has lots of mirrors, including a large full-length one, helpful in checking your appearance before leaving for the day. Fridge was larger than in most motels and included a freezer. Air conditioning worked well. Yes, it was a little noisy, but I considered it good "white noise" to block out sounds from guests on the other side of thin walls. It would be nice if there were an elevator, but being forewarned, I requested a room no higher than the 2nd floor and got along okay. Also being forewarned about possible musty smell (which I did experience), I brought Febreze air freshener and got along fine.There is a large shopping area within 3 miles and a fast-food restaurant in the parking lot. Overall, I'd stay here again if all I planned to do was sleep.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Jimmy E, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn I-15 Miramar, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear Guest,
I thank you for your review on your recent stay with us. I am glad that you found our property more than adequate for your visit to San Diego. We thank you for expressing your concerns on over seen items that need immediate attention. There are times as we try to attend to or try to foresee wear and tear, we miss something and we are very appreciative to our guests that point them out. On behalf of the staff and our management team I would like to thank you for your kind words in regards to them. Again thank you for your time and review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Henderson, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I have stayed at this place before and swore I wouldn't be back, but it was a good rate and it was just one night. And because of the other reviews, I figured I would try it again. Makes me wonder if I stayed at the same place as them!
For starters let's talk about what wasn't good. No elevator. So if you have a bad back like me, 3rd floor isn't fun. Luckily I packed light for one night. Coffee maker was broken - the top filled up with water so had to go downstairs for my coffee. My room smelled awful! I was afraid I wouldn't be able to sleep it was so bad. Not sure what it was from. The place is run down, dirty, and needs repairs badly. The room they gave me was at the top of the stairs immediately to the left and was next to some kind of supply room. I'm a rewards member with them and this was the best room they had for me?? I heard everything outside my door. The guy behind the front desk wasn't too friendly and the guy in the morning was very hard to understand. Getting out of this place at busy times of day is very difficult because the light at Miramar is so long. Be prepared and add an extra 5 or 10 minutes to your trip because I had to wait through 2 light changes to get out.

There were some positives to be fair. The beds weren't bad, the pillows were actually pretty decent. Always nice having a fridge and microwave in the room. I didn't eat breakfast there, but it was the standard free breakfast with waffles too, so seemed ok. Oh, the shower pressure was excellent! That's about it. I think I was generous with an Average rating, but took into account some of the positives along with the decent rate I got for the area. But I will not stay here again and this time I mean it.

Room Tip: Dont choose the room at the top of stairs on the third floor to the left. Can't remember the nu...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Jimmy E, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn I-15 Miramar, responded to this review, July 5, 2014
Dear valued guest, Thank you for your review and your helpful suggestions to future travelers. I would like to apologize that our room inventory was limited and not to your complete satisfaction. Thank you also for bringing up your concerns as it is invaluable to us. Guests that take their time to point out non functional items are a great help to us as it helps us to address these items immediately. Again thank you and I apologize that your expectations were not met.
National City, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

Stayed here a couple of times when I'm in town and i love this place! such a great deal when you book ahead. This place is always clean and staff is very welcoming.The amenities are very convenient, mini fridge and microwave. There's free wifi and big TV. Very comfortable beds as well most places I've stayed beds are usually very uncomfortable but not here. Parking is also very convenient and location is awesome. Plenty of nearby restaurants to go eat, there are plenty of other hotels around the area but overall for the quality and environment is definitely worth the price. . Read someones review on the odor of the room, I've stayed here handful of times throughout the year and never experienced a "acrid smell" Rooms seem to always be well kept and neat never smelly. Hope my review helped! definitely give it a chance

Room Tip: Higher floors seem to be the most quiet but overall they are still great.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Dear Tanya, Thank you for continuing staying with us time after time. Your detailed review gives future guests an insight on our property. Your comments and great advise when making a reservation are greatly appreciated and we know that other travelers appreciate it as well. If there is anything that we can do to make your future stays more comfortable please do not hesitate to ask. We thank you for making Quality inn I-15 Miramar your favorite place to stay when you're in town.
Peoria, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

I visited this hotel with a friend because it was the cheapest we could find in San Diego that was also pet friendly, and I was not expecting it to be as nice as it is for as cheap as it is. Everything was really nice, staff included. There's a microwave and mini fridge in the room, as well as a big tv. There's free wifi, and free biscuit. Staying here is a great decision.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Jimmy E, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn I-15 Miramar, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Dear Katie,
Thank you for using the word “wow” on your review headline as it shows us that we exceeded your expectations and made your stay memorable. Your kind words regarding our property and most importantly our staff, encourages them on continuing to provide great guest services. I am happy that our property was more than adequate for your fellow pet and yourself on your recent visit to San Diego. As you mentioned not only do we provide free wifi but we also have free hot breakfast and free parking. Again thank you for your time and we hope to see you again in the near future.
Santa Fe, NM
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

Whatever was nice about this Quality Inn – and there is much to applaud – was overshadowed by the intense acrid smell inside my guest room. It was the smell of an old, probably moldy wood structure, and denied me a decent sleep. The property has been nicely upgraded and remodeled but the building itself is not new and has absorbed years of damp and fog and humidity. Furthermore, my room was half below ground (literally) and half above ground, with walls painted dark which added to its claustrophobic nature; in spite of the flat screen TV, I almost felt as if I had been forcibly detained in an institutional facility. The manager and his wife are a lovely couple; he has a good sense of humor and she cooked up a tasty breakfast. Sorry, the very reasonable price notwithstanding, I cannot recommend the Quality Inn on Kearny Mesa Road.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Jimmy E, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn I-15 Miramar, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
I would like to start off by apologizing for the less than satisfying stay you experienced. I'm sorry one issue over shadowed all other great aspects of our property. We thank you for your kind words regarding our managment team and breakfast. We hope you would give us another oportunity to provide an exceptional experience in another occacion. We have other levels that I am sure will meet all expectations. Again thank you for your review.
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

The outside is not much to look at but who cares. The hallways had a odd smell like it used to have a really bad smoke smell but it was covered over. However the rooms did not smell at all. The staff were all very nice from the front desk clerk to the the cleaning people to those working in the breakfast area.

The breakfast was good. The bagels and bread were fresh and the waffles were just fine. Sausage and bacon completed a great breakfast.

Room was clean. It looks like the hotel recently had renovation done like new paint, carpeting, beds etc.. I did some research and given the price it is the best I could find in that range and was not disappointed.

Room Tip: Stay away from room 323, configuration with the sofa was awkward. The sofa faced a mirror and was o...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you on your recent review of your stay. I have informed the entire staff of your kind words regarding them and their performance. Indeed our rooms have been updated with lots of amenities for our guests comfort amung the ones highlighted in your comments are flat screen t.v. and high speed internet. We hope on being your first choice on your next visit to our area. The staff joins in thanking you once again.
San Marcos, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

The management is very welcoming and helpful. The rooms have been remodeled and are comfortable. We were evacuated due to the San Marcos fires and they were able to squeeze us in and allow us to take our cat with us. The room has a good size fridge and microwave, fresh coffee in the lobby. Free wifi and a nice morning breakfast. The room also has free wi-fi and a nice desk and office chair.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Jimmy E, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn I-15 Miramar, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Dear Aimee, thank you for taking time out of your day to comment on your recent stay. We were please to have been able to accommodate you and your family although not under the desired circumstances. I am glad that you were able to appreciate the amenities we offer under the desperation and uncertainty that you were under. Hopefully everything has fallen back into place and we hope to see you soon under different circumstances. Best wishes from management and staff.

Been to Quality Inn I-15 Miramar? Share your experiences!