You added San Diego - Days Inn Harbor View / Airport / Convention Ctr to your Saves list
San Diego - Days Inn Harbor View / Airport / Convention Ctr
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1919 Pacific Highway, San Diego, CA 92101   |
Ranked #158 of 271 Hotels in San Diego
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

I booked this room based on some of the reviews in Trip Advisor. However, I was disappointed by the hotel. My first room smelled of smoke and mold. It was so bad I checked out right away so they upgraded me to a nicer room with double beds. This room was better, but it still had a moldy smell to it. I was traveling with another person, and her room also had a bad smell of mold and some mold in her room. The hotel is in need of some cleaning up.
In addition, 2 trains came by at night: one at 2:00am and the next one at 2:30 am. It sounded like the train was only a couple of block away and I was woken up twice by these trains. Needless to say I did not get a great nights sleep and will not be coming back to this hotel.

Room Tip: I booked this room based on some of the reviews in Trip Advisor. However, I was disappointed by the...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Polish first
San Ramon, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

Location, location, location! Stayed here for one night before an early morning flight. Room was clean, comfortable and well appointed. Little Italy is right behind the hotel, and with a bunch of good restaurants. Also, the marina is a block in front of the hotel. But the best thing about this hotel was the free shuttle service to the airport. We had a 6am flight, and sure enough, the shuttle was right there to pick us up at 430am for the ride to the airport!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Belleville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

Stayed here in July 2010, great location right by the harbor, close to the convention center, Maritime Museum, and the USS Midway. Great and cheap place to stay for all you lucky folks who got to go to Comic Con this year!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

I am surprised by all of the bad reviews. Yes this place is kinda old and worn, but I think it was still a good deal.

The people at the front desk were all nice and helpful. Check in was 3 minutes and easy, check out was even faster and easier.

The rooms are fine.

I thought this way a really great deal. I wanted to be downtown, and I was looking at fancier more expensive hotels. I was debating about paying the extra money, until I realized that I would also have to pay for parking, wifi, and breakfast. At that point I made my decision.

This is a good location close to the airport, Little Italy, downtown, the train, etc. We were nearby all of the attractions we wanted to see. (We walked to the train to go to the gaslamp district.)

Yes this is a low end motel. But it has a good staff, pool, free breakfast (regular continental breakfast, but I eat cereal and fruit at home for breakfast so I'm fine eating it on vacation), free wifi, and free parking.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2012

This place cost us a bit more than other places we stayed at, but the room was also noticeably better. It was very nicely done up, with a big flat screen tv and nice decor, plus a bath. The fridge, microwave and coffee maker were nice touches. Breakfast was provided, but it was nothing brilliant. The location isn't downtown, but is within walking distance, and it was a great spot for getting down to the water. We were also able to walk from there to Little Italy and the magnificent Balboa Park.

The staff were very obliging, even letting me use their computer to print off a flight ticket. Plus the wireless connection actually worked in the room, which is certainly not something that applied to every place we stayed at. I'd definitely stay there again if I had the chance.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Strongsville, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2012

I chose this hotel because of its nearness to San Diego International Airport, but ALSO because it is within a one-block walk of San Diego's Trolley, part of the city's marvelous transport net. I had flown here for one night, specifically to hear an opera performed at the Civic Theater; I was pleased to walk one block, hop on the trolley ISenior fare of $1.25) and be deposited outside the theater in less than fifteen minutes. Likewise, after the final curtain at 9:50, I walked back out to the nearby trolley and was back in my room by 10:25!
The building is NOT new, but has had some nice renovations, such as granite tops and showers! Beds and pillows are very comfortable; I had a nice 1 king room with plenty of space for a sofa and separate writing area.
Desk staff was very helpful; free airport shuttle is less than 10 minutes from the terminal. Free continental breakfast, but NO waffles :(.
I found this stay to be a very good value and will definitely return!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top (third) floor; they feel more spacious because they have a cathedral ceili...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012

Excellent value for money.Great location.Friendly staff.Advantage--FREE roundtrip transport from airport.Good for business travellers if staying alone.Breakfast OK.Rooms avarage.Needs renovation.Overall great value for money.Value deals if booked well in advance.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo

Been to San Diego - Days Inn Harbor View / Airport / Convention Ctr? Share your experiences!