“Great stay at this Days Inn” 4 of 5 stars
Review of San Diego - Days Inn Harbor View / Airport / Convention Ctr

Save Saved
You added San Diego - Days Inn Harbor View / Airport / Convention Ctr to your Saves list
San Diego - Days Inn Harbor View / Airport / Convention Ctr
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1919 Pacific Highway, San Diego, CA 92101   |
Ranked #147 of 269 hotels in San Diego
Columbia, Missouri
“Great stay at this Days Inn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

My son and I stayed six nights at the Days Inn. They provided transportation from the airport and check in was easy. Our room was clean and comfortable. It is centrally located and a easy jumping off point for many area attractions. The pool is small, but nice. The breakfast was good for us.

Room Tip: choose a room on the upper level near the elevator tower for a better view of the Harbor
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

204 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

It sucks when you dread coming back to your hotel while traveling. I was only here to sleep and take showers while going around town. (This scenario is usually due to traveler's remorse rather than... returner's remorse)

When we first showed up (with reservations) they denied us a room. The concierge was incredibly rude, but we did eventually work out a deal because they were going to take our money either way.

The next day the maids told us "We have work to do, get out of your rooms so we can clean." This is verbatim.

The Hot Tub was cold, the rooms were pretty ugly, and that whole thing about fast internet? HA.

This morning I woke up to (unsurprisingly) them power washing my window. I let the people know that I was unhappy about being woken up, but they just smiled at me and kept cleaning.

Room Tip: Do not get a hotel in Hotel Circle. They'll rip you off.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Homerville, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

My sister and I shared a double queen room when we traveled to San Diego to attend the wedding of our brother and made it a vacation. Our priorities for lodging were safe, clean and affordable with walkability of the city. This hotel exceeded all of those expectations. My sister was somewhat concerned about the outdoor rooms, but this concern was quickly allevitated upon check-in (particularly with the signage that this is not a party hotel and all violaters with receive a call to the police).
We were upgraded to one of the three balcony view rooms at no extra charge (thanks Wyndham Rewards!).

The hotel desk staff were extremely courteous and helpful during our entire stay (Thurs-Tues) offering directions, providing detailed maps and highlighting routes. They also delivered washcloths to our room at six a.m. and insisted we call them at anytime with any disturbances.

The hotel is walkable to the harbor, Little Italy and a brief drive (or trek) to the GasLamp. We did not rent a car until the fourth day of our stay and were able to do a lot of fun things (eating on the harbor and in LIttle Italy and visiting the Farmer's Market in Little Italy) .

The breakfast is what one would expect. . .bagels, toast and dry cereal. Coming from the East Coast (three hr. time difference) this was sufficient to hold us over until restaurants opened. The room included a microwave, mini refrigerator/freezer and coffee maker. The coffee was replenished daily.

If you want to use public transportation, a trolley stop is couple of block down and two bus stops are just across pacific coast highway. We only heard trains/planes when the sliding glass door was open. I am a light sleeper and I slept great!

I would most definitely stay again at this location.

Room Tip: Highly recommend third floor balcony room!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Randolph, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

I don't like to nitpick, but I couldn't access their wifi for the 3 days I was there (unless I went into the lobby, and they gave me the cord to connect directly to their router, which was a pain in the neck; they said the next room over had access; all I know is that I stayed in 4 hotels on this trip and I had excellent Internet access in all but this hotel), and there was a drip from the bathroom ceiling that didn't get fixed even after the front desk told me that maintenance would take care of it. Other than that, it's a typical Days Inn. Probably the best thing is that it's really easy walking distance to San Diego's Little Italy. It's literally a 5 minute walk. Plus, it's very convenient to the airport, and easy access to Route 5.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Red Deer, Alberta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

Friends and I stayed at the Days Inn Harborview for three nights in early July. The location was excellent. The hotel is close to the harbor & Little Italy & two blocks from the trolley station to get to Old Town and downtown. We walked to the USS Midway and Little Italy. The pool was small but clean and was refreshing after a day of sightseeing. The continental breakfast was basic but all we needed. The staff was very helpful when I lost my Blackberry and went out of their way to help. The shuttle to and from the airport was free once each way which isn't unreasonable. The room was clean and included a safe, a microwave and fridge for our beer. The hotel could use some updating but overall it was a great stay. My only complaint was the noise from the shower in the unit above me.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

Super facility, gorgeous views of the harbor and downtown, rooms were very nice, gourmet dining, and a spa. I was very impressed and would recommend this to anyone!

Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

I've stayed here maybe 10 times over the last 10 years, most recently during Comic-Con 2011. This is a decent place but it's had a lot of wear, and over the years it's gone downhill somewhat. The rooms are not quite as nice looking, little things like drips in the bathroom, old rugs, etc.

What saves this place - and what keeps me coming back - is the wonderful location. About 2 blocks from a trolley stop and a few more blocks to downtown San Diego. If you take the train to San Diego (which I love), Amtrak is 5-10 minutes away (1 trolley stop). If your travels involve only downtown San Diego, the Convention Center area, or the harbor, then you really don't need a car at all. Perfect for Comic-Con!!

The downside: train tracks run behind the hotel, so if you're a light sleeper I would look elsewhere. The pool scene is OK, but nothing special. The WiFi is free but spotty (although the Comic-Con crowd probably didn't help bandwidth). And the complimentary breakfast sure isn't much to brag about, but hey it's free! If you want more, Denny's is a block away. Also lots of REALLY GOOD restaurants a few blocks away in Little Italy.

All in all, I still recommend this place, although it's in need of a freshening.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends

Been to San Diego - Days Inn Harbor View / Airport / Convention Ctr? Share your experiences!