“Great stay in San Diego” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #125 of 271 Hotels in San Diego
Denver, Colorado
“Great stay in San Diego”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Best Western Mission Bay exceeded our expectations. We were unsure about the property when we booked our stay but by the end of the stay we knew that we made a great choice. The hotel staff was friendly and the rooms were clean. The pool was clean and warm. The breakfast room is a little small but the food was fresh and there was a nice selection for all tastes. As for the rate, it was also very affordable. We stayed at the Best Western Mission Bay for 4 nights and never had any issues.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Leidy P, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Mission Bay, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Thank You so much for taking time to review your stay here at the Best Western Mission Bay. I am very happy to see that you had a great experience at our hotel and were happy with our rooms, breakfast and staff.

We strive to deliver superior service, and I’m glad our team members were able to do that for you. Please let me know when you plan on staying with us again so I can assist you with your reservations. You can reach me at 619-275-5700 ext 393 or Lprado@hotelpros.biz.

Thank you again!

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Great Falls, Montana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Well,
Our family could not check out of this Hotel faster. The first thing was when we pulled up a window out of a car had been smashed out, and then upon entering the Lobby, a Hotel guest was upset about the person next to her hit her car...HINT... the parking here is awful, if you come back from visiting the Parks too late, you may not get a spot close to the Hotel and have to park out farther where the poor family had their back window smashed out. I grew concerned about our safety here. I asked the front desk when we checked in and asked if this was a safe area, and he only replied with a 'yes'. Well, as a mom a simple 'yes' does not cut it for me, I would have liked to have a little more comfort in knowing that the area is a safe place. We are not from California, we were a long way from home, and very unsure of the area.
Then there was the unclean rooms, I laid towels on the floor for us to walk on after the shower, which still bothered me because there was black hair all over them (we do not have black hair in our family). Also, we came back late one evening, and the cleaning staff had left their dirty cleaning towel on the desk in the room. I walked the towel back down the man working the desk and asked to change our check out day to one day earlier and he was very nice and courteous.

Then there was the ant that had made itself quite at home, crawling all over the breakfast pastries, which were left on the top of the enclosed container, where they should not have been placed. I believe that there is a young man that works the breakfast normally, he was not there that particular morning and we could tell that he was off that morning. He was very nice and cleaning the whole time and saying Good Morning to everyone who came in. Thank you to that young man who had a smile on his face and greeted us.
There is NO Guest Laundry here, but if you drive up the road there is one in the back of a small shopping center. I may not have done laundry at the Hotel anyway.
We will not stay here next time. The beds were also very hard, and uncomfortable. The pool is open late outside and was noisy until late.
We stayed here for the nights of Aug. 9th thru the 13th...but we checked out on the 12th.
Room 322.

Good Morning,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at our property. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations.

I’m so sorry for the inconvenience you experience during your stay with us. We will be implementing additional training with our Housekeeping staff to ensure all rooms are being service in a timely and professional manner. I will also be meeting with my General Manager to discuss adding additional security measurements.

We would be more than happy to offer you a discounted rate in the future so we can have another opportunity to show you an excellent experience. I am confident that if given another chance we will be able to show you a wonderful hotel. Please feel free to contact me directly for your reservation needs. You can reach me at 619-275-5700 ext 393 or Lprado@hotelpros.biz.

Thank you again for your review.

Las Vegas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Best Western Mission Bay, San Diego, Ca. Completed a week long business stay - and will return for vacation! Three story hotel is a few blocks to Mission Bay, and is across the street from a Shell Station Convenience store. Rooms are spotless. Small pool area has happy families spending time with their children. Ample free parking. Adequate breakfast. Directly off the 5 on Clairemont Drive. Close to beaches - downtown - Airport - Sea World. Thick walls. I heard NO noise from adjoining rooms. I highly recommend this gem of a hotel. Walk a few blocks to Morena Boulevard for some dining options. Room has small fridge, microwave and coffee maker.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
I appreciate you taking time to express your thoughts on your recent stay at the Best Western Mission Bay. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay and were happy with our property, location, breakfast, pool, area and our friendly staff.

Here at the Best Western Mission Bay, we aim to “wow” our guests through our excellent team members. Thank you again for taking time to complete the survey.

When you return to San Diego, please feel free to contact me directly for your reservation needs. You can reach me at 619-275-5700 ext 393 or Lprado@hotelpros.biz.

We look forward to your return

(near) Los Angeles, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I wasn't disappointed at all. Granted to room could use a little fresh air, it didn't smell bad, just needed some good air circulation - so we just left the door open for a while each evening since the breeze was nice! Otherwise, it was close to everything I needed, staff was courteous and helpful, and would likely stay here again next time we are in this part of San Diego, CA.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Leidy P, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Mission Bay, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
08/15/2013

I appreciate you taking time to express your thoughts on your recent stay here at the Best Western Mission Bay. I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay and were happy with our friendly staff and hotel location.

When you return to San Diego, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 619-275-5700 ext 393 or Lprado@hotelpros.biz for your reservation needs.

Raymond, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

We were given a room that was already occupied- this happened two times - finally on the third try the room we walked into was empty. We walked in on a room that had money and baseball tickets sitting out, and walked in another room where people were sleeping in there bed. I was so embarrassed but it wasn't our fault- it was the hotels- they kept telling us "these rooms should be empty"- but they weren't. We spent an hour walking around the hotel with ALL of our luggage and our 5 year old son trying room keys the front desk gave us. It was awful. They comped us a nights stay but we were still nervous about the safety of our items and our safety- would our room be "given" to new guests checking in? We made our reservations months ago and even confirmed them the week prior and the nigh before. Other than this nightmare on the first night the stay was fine. The cleaning lady kept trying to clean our room in the morning when we were still in bed (around 8:30am) - we couldn't find the "Do Not Disturb" sign. She came back later.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Leidy P, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Mission Bay, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Good Morning,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay here at the Best Western Mission Bay. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations.

I am so sorry for the problems during your check-in. I will be taking time to retrain the Guest Services Agents working during your check-in date to ensure that situation does not ever happened again.

We are always striving to improve, I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience. Please don’t hesitate to contact me for anything you may need in the future. You can contact me directly at 619-275-5700 ext 393 or Lprado@hotelpros.biz

Thank you again for completing the review.

Mesa, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

Being a few minutes from Mission Bay and I-5 is the benefit at this Best Western. What you pay for a night during the summer should not be a surprise when you see the hotel. Older inside and out. It has the location to charge what they do. This location also attracts a lot of families so you need to get use to the noise at all hours. The electrical outlet by the sink went out the first morning and we were told it would be a few hours before they could get someone out to fix it. Luckily we were going to be out the majority of the day. We had a room on the ground floor. Our last morning we heard a knock on the door at 6am. Thought something was wrong and when I answered it, no one there. I looked out on the hallway and found two young boys running and knocking on every door. Their mother was busy packing their car and did nothing even when one young man opened his door and yelled at the kids to stop it. She just looked up and then went back to packing the car. Oh well, location does dictate patience.

Room Tip: Third floor rooms were quieter but with no elevator, the walk up can be tiresome.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Good Morning,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here at the Best Western Mission Bay. I am glad to see you were satisfied with the location of our property just few minutes to I-5 and Mission Bay.

I am very happy that the issue with the outlet was resolved in a timely manner. I would like to apologize for the behavior of other guest during your stay. I will be meeting with our Guest Services Agents to discuss a security measures to avoid that type of situations in the future.

Thank you again for taking the time to complete the survey. We hope you will come back and stay with us again soon! If I can provide with any assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly at 619-275-5700 ext 393 or Lprado@hotelpros.biz

San Francisco, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

The hotel is in the good location, close to Sea World. Breakfast includes variety of choices. Service staff is helpful and friendly. The room has thick walls. We did not hear any sound from neighbors.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Leidy P, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Mission Bay, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Good Morning,

Thank you so much for taking time to review your great experience here at our hotel.

I am very glad to see that you had a wonderful stay here at the Best Western Mission Bay, and were happy with our service staff, location and had a good night sleep. I appreciate your comments to our staff.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly at 619-275-5700 ext 393 or Lprado@hotelpros.biz

Thank you again for your review!

Front Office Manager

Been to BEST WESTERN Mission Bay? Share your experiences!