“Great value budget hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #128 of 270 Hotels in San Diego
vancouver
“Great value budget hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights and for the price we paid, considered this a very good value. In addition to an inexpensive on line rate, we also got free wifi, free breakfast and free parking. The location cannot be beat as it was just off I5 (like 1 minute) off the freeway and just as easy to get on the freeway. Located less than 10 minutes north of the downtown area and maybe 5 minutes south of La Jolla, the location was also very convenient to the Mission Beach area and we had lots of meals there. Check in was very easy and Bob (or was it Bill) was very helpful, even recommending some local restaurants.

The breakfast consisted of at least several "hot" items such as bacon, sausage and eggs,
sausage mcmuffin another day and egg,cheese and ham omelet another day. The choices also include the waffle station, donuts and cereals as well. Three types of juice, coffee, hot chocolate, yogurt and fruit round out the other breakfast offerings. This is a very good, complementary breakfast.

Check out was just as quick and pleasant as check in.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Mariel D, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Mission Bay, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay here at the Best Western Mission Bay. I was so happy to see you were happy with our property and staff. We work hard to provide a superior guest experience, and I'm glad we were able to provide that for you.

If I can be of further assistance in the future, feel free to contact me directly at 619-275-5700 x 393 or mdonovan@hotelpros.biz.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Olathe, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We arrived 3 hours late due to a plane delay and the hotel was more than accomodating. We had requested a 3rd floor room on the end and wound up with a 3rd floor room four doors down from the end. The room was clean and looked just like the website. Breakfast was fabulous! We had egg and cheese omlets, fresh doughnuts and pastries, waffles, sausage, bacon, cereal, fruit and toast. It was included in the room rate. We also had to leave very early and they arranged a taxi for us at 4:45am. It arrive 10 minutes early which was nice. Overall, we would stay here again. It was a good location, price and experience.

Room Tip: The 3rd floor was the best because it was quiet and you did not see the headlights as cars pulled in...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Mariel D, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Mission Bay, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here at the Best Western Mission Bay. I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay and were happy with our staff, breakfast selection and rooms.

If you decide to return to San Diego, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 619-275-5700 x 393 or mdonovan@hotelpros.biz for your reservation needs.

We look forward to your return,

New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Was in San Diego for my grandson's graduation from Marine Corp graduation and stayed 2 nights. I picked this hotel because they were close, reasonable and accepted small pets. I had to travel with my puppy because she had not had all her shots and couldn't be boarded, however she was kennel trained. The room was on ground floor, very clean, spacious and very comfortable. Even though it appeared the hotel was full, I could not hear outside noises. The first day, the breakfast was late and I couldn't wait. The 2nd day it was early, a very nice woman was handling everything and was very plentiful and good. The ONLY "complaint" I would have about this hotel is they advertise as being pet friendly and charge $15.00 extra a day for a pet. I think the amount is reasonable, however when I asked at the front desk where to take the dog to go to the bathroom I was told across Interstate 5 at a park or across another busy street which is the yard of a church! I felt they should have a grassy area set aside for pets especially since they had a daily charge. I was very uncomfortable walking to an area in the dark I was not familiar with.
On the positive side, the elevator is nice as there is no ice machine on ground level but is right by the elevator on 2nd floor. As I stated before, the room and grounds were very clean and nice. Every employee I interacted with was very friendly. I specifically requested no maid service. Even though the puppy was kenneled, I didn't want anyone else in the room while I wasn't there.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Mariel D, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Mission Bay, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your recent stay here at the Best Western Mission Bay. I am very happy to see you were satisfied with our rooms, staff, and breakfast area.

I would like to apologize for the inconvenience of not having a grassy area for your puppy to use. I would love the opportunity to speak with you about this matter further so we may correct the situation. If you get a free moment, please contact me at 619-275-5700 x 393 or mdonovan@hotelpros.biz.

Congratulations to your grandson for graduating from the Marine Corp!

Best regards,
Whittier, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

My family and i took a trip to San Diego and stayed at the best western. when we checked in Jesse and the other staff members were very welcoming. The rooms were very clean and accommodated all our needs breakfast was good with a lot of variety they have staff in the breakfast room ready to help with any assistants. Over all we felt very comfortable with our stay at the best western and will always return when going to San Diego.
THANK YOU GUYS!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Mariel D, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Mission Bay, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
I appreciate you taking time to express your thoughts on your recent stay here at the Best Western Mission Bay. I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay and were happy with our staff.

When you to return to San Diego, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 619-275-5700 extension 393 or mdonovan@hotelpros.biz for your reservation needs.

We look forward to your return,

Mariel Donovan

Been to BEST WESTERN Mission Bay? Share your experiences!