“Not what you see on the website” 2 of 5 stars

Days Inn & Suites - Sea World/Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3350 Rosecrans Street, San Diego, CA 92110   |
Ranked #205 of 273 Hotels in San Diego
Moreno Valley, California
“Not what you see on the website”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

The rooms where musty and very outdated. One of the television was very old. The room had a musty smile and the outdoor landscaping was horrible. Couldn't do much about it since I purchased this on Groupon. But it was very low standard and quality even for the discounted price. But on the positive side the staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was cleaned every day. I just the website is a miss representation of the location and the rooms. The place needs a major upgrade. Paint was peeling from the bathroom walls. The sheets had holes in them. The website will certainly fool you.

Room Tip: The rooms near the pool and the ice machine are very noisy. Choice a higher floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Lompoc, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

My husband and I were in San Diego for training. The suggested hotel was booked so we decided on the Days Inns which was just a few blocks from the other one. There was a decent strip mall across the street for most needs youd have. We drove into the parking lot and it was a little unsettling all the people hanging out in the parking (3 packs of 10 to 15 in a group most of which were wearing red). The check in was good, James was very polite and efficient. It was until we figured out where the safest place to park in case we had to leave after dark was our first concern. When we opened the door we got a rude awakening. Knowing Days Inn isn't at the top of the line but in fact a budget hotel I was appalled at the condition. The chairs to sit on were by far the worst I have ever seen in a hotel and had to throw a towel down to sit on them. The bathroom had mold around the tub, the air conditioner spit out water over the bed and never got cold. It was about 85 degrees out that day. And to top it all off the remote only had volume control and up or down for the channels. The big bonus was NO COFFEE POT when it claims to have one in every room. Needless to say we did not stay the 2nd night and found another hotel that was just one off ramp away at La Qunita and only 15.00 more and that was a beautiful stay and will be my next review. We left as soon as we woke up and hung out at Denny's as to not stay there a minute longer. I travel all over the US for work and this is by far the worse place I have ever stay as far and cleanliness and safety. This was clearly a flophouse for people who were misusing the system and putting 6-8 people in one room. I attached some picture to give you a slight understanding of what it was like. Sorry they are sideways.

Room Tip: Dont Stay Here!!!!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Nicoleh79, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites - Sea World/Airport, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Trust all is well. I apologize for the experience you had with us during your stay here at the Days Inn & Suites Sea World San Diego/Airport San Diego. It is our goal to strive and do our very best to uphold “Quality Service” to all of our valued guests. If there is anything I can do to make your next experience with us a memorable one, please feel free to contact me. Again, I apologize for the experience you had.

“Our Promise as sure as the Sun”

Best Regards,

Email – nicole@pacificahost.com
Santa Clarita, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Hotel is in a very shady neighborhood. When we got to our room, it smelled like mildew, there was a hole in our sheets and the comforter had stains on it. We also had no remote for the TV and the end table between the beds had a broken leg but was propped up against the wall to hold it up. I was very disappointed, especially considering how pricey the room was for what we got.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Nicoleh79, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites - Sea World/Airport, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Hello Amoesworld,

“Our Promise as sure as the Sun”

Best Regards,

Email – nicole@pacificahost.com
Lake Isabella, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

This is a nice hotel that is close to Sea World and shopping, with clean room and nice bathroom and dressing area. Beds were very comfortable with fresh soft sheets. We enjoyed the hot breakfast in the morning. The pool was sparkling clean. The airplane noise during the day was not so loud as some reviewers seem to imply. We would definitely stay here again. Great value.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Nicoleh79, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites - Sea World/Airport, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Hello cd2555,

Trust all is well. I would like to thank you for the great review on our establishment as we utilize tripadvisor as a platform to most definitely focus on how we can learn to improve the services we provide to all our valued guests. As a result, I am excited to hear of your stay with us.

We look forward to having you stay with us in the near future. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me. Again, "Thank you!"

619-224-9800 - work
nicole@pacificahost.com - email
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Pros:
-Literally the cheapest hotel I could find near the bay during Fourth of July
-Friendly front desk people and housekeeping
-I like the location. There's a Target, Starbucks, CVS, Walgreens, TJ Maxx, and several restaurants within walking distance
-Room has a mini-fridge, microwave, and TV
-Nice shower, nice sink
-Carpet seemed new; my toes liked it
-Bed was comfy

Cons:
-Noise issues. The doors seem fairly thin, so noise comes in a bit. With Seaworld nearby, this place seems to attract families, and some folks can be inconsiderate and loud. Two different nights (and two different groups of people) I opened up my door and asked for them to quiet down, and they did immediately. If you don't feel like being confrontational, call the front desk and ask them to deal with it. I don't really think it's fair that some reviewers are all cranky about this; If you were at a fancy hotel and heard people being obnoxious outside your door, you'd blame the loud people, not the hotel. All management can really do is post signs asking people to keep volume down late at night and be forceful if people bring it to their attention.
-Internet issues. At night, I'm assuming when everybody's chillin' in their rooms, the internet gets slow. Still worked for the most part though, just slower.
-Unsolicited flyers/coupons. Maybe 2 or 3 times a day somebody slips a "hey order from our restaurant!" flyer through the door. Kind of annoying, but I just threw them out.

Other:
-If you absolutely hate the sound of planes, don't stay here. During the daytime it's possible to hear some planes nearby.
-To the reviewer that said the area is so scary he didn't let his wife out alone day or night: you are insane. I am female and traveling alone; I felt perfectly safe around here during the day. And it's never a great idea to be walking around a city alone at night. (Though this hotel is on a main road, I can't imagine it becomes entirely desolate even very late at night.) I wonder if the neighborhood has changed since that dude posted, cuz seriously I just don't get what the problem is.

All in all, I'd stay here again if I'm back in SD and can get the same price. It's been nice.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Nicoleh79, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites - Sea World/Airport, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Hello there Zylime,

Trust all is well. Firstly I would like to thank you for choosing our establishment for your place to stay in San Diego. I also, appreciate your review as we utilize trip advisor as a platform for positive growth as we strive to do our best in making sure that we instill "Quality Service" to all our valued guests.
In the future, if you plan on coming back to San Diego, please contact me as I would like to have you stay with us. Again, thank you for choosing Days Inn & Suites Sea World/Airport San Diego as your "Home away from Home" in San Diego, Ca.

nicole@pacificahost.com
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Comfortable and spacious rooms that are clean with good services including iron! Close to everything, would recommend for people in the area... The zoo is ten minutes away as is the lovely Gas Lamp area which is well worth a visit!
............

Stayed July 2014
Hello there!

I trust all is well. On behalf of our establishment, Days Inn & Suites Sea World/Airport San Diego staff, we appreciate your kind words in your review. We enjoy to hear and read about your positive stay with us. We look forward to having you stay with us in the near future.

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.

"Our Promise as sure as the Sun..."

619-224-9800 - phone
nicole@pacifichost.com - email
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

The rooms were a good size for the price paid-I was by myself and I had two full beds, a fridge and microwave, a balcony, and a nice sized bathroom. The room was clean, so no problems with that. The area didn't seem bad to me. There were plenty of places to eat nearby and a Target across the street. The location was great-close to the airport, Sea World, Belmont Park, Old Town, and the Pacific Ocean. All of these places were within about ten minutes from the hotel. The San Diego Zoo and the rest of Balboa Park was about fifteen minutes away. The pool was a good size and the water temperature was good. The hot tub was hot and relaxing after a day of exploring. The continental breakfast was better than most-someone was cooking pancakes and scrambled eggs, and there was fresh fruit and bread with peanut butter and jelly. I brought some bread and peanut butter and jelly to the room for sandwiches for later. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: I stayed on the third floor, which was nice, but I was close to the pool, which can get loud.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo