“Pleasant Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
30% More Wyndham Rewards
Ranked #205 of 269 hotels in San Diego

518 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Visited friends who were staying and we took shuttle to dinner, then was not permitted back in by driver on way back home. Quite disappointed with a hotel that should care for hospitality would make rude comments and leave a member of the group on a street corner, in a new city. Have stayed at days in many times before and will never again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Sparks, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Flew in for MCRD graduation, called from airport for shuttle service which arrived very shortly. Rooms were very clean,well stocked with towels and other expected needs. On family day and graduation day shuttles are available to and from MCRD Base. The shuttle drivers were the absolute best with service as well as being friendly and helpful, went way beyond what was neccesary. Also provided service back to airport for departure . Very good breakfast available if wanted .Motel also has security guard who was always easy to spot and very friendly room and grounds staff . Front desk was not friendly but did thier jobs quite nicely. Would stay again if returning to that area,

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

After reading the previous review I was hoping that I didn't have interaction with Michelle. Upon calling to confirm my reservation from Philadelphia, Michelle answered and was most professional and efficient. I was expecting a nasty old lady, in person she was a sweet and helpful person. Keep up the good work Michelle. The hotel itself served its purpose for inexpensive, clean lodging close to the airport. Not sure that I'd want to spend an entire vacation at this location, but am returning there the night before I fly back home. Many stores and restaurants are in the area, so choices abound.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The front-desk was never helpful. The lady was rude I think her name was Michelle. When I called to get help on how to arrive to the hotel she only told me to get a cab. When I finally got there, (I took a bus from the airport. It wasn't hard) she sent me to the wrong room so obviously the key didn't work. I asked the maintenance people and they were rude and sent me to the front desk. I speak spanish so I understood what they were saying. RUDE. Another lady was in the front desk and she told me the right number of my room. She was a little bit nicer. The hotel offers shuttle to the main attractions. Nobody really told us that officially. When we asked for directions, the driver made it seem like he was doing us a favor. He told us that they could pick us up so we reserved a slot. The guy, his name was Chris, dropped us off in a place where they don't normally drop people off so when the next driver tried to pick us up, they couldn't find us. I called the front-desk and I explained where the previous driver had dropped us off. She failed to pass that information so after half hour and three calls later. I insisted that she needed to tell the driver exactly where we were and at the end she finally did so he finally found us. After that first day, everything else was fine. We got two other drivers, Sirilo and Dario. They were both nice especially Dario. He was awesome. Every time he drove us, he gave us a little tour of the places and told us interesting facts and tips of things to do. In general, the hotel is fine. Continental breakfast is fine. They charge $5 extra if you want eggs but nobody liked it. Location is good. There are some stores close. The shuttle thing is pretty cool if they actually tell you so if you use this hotel take advantage of that. The only bad thing is the people from the front desk. Drivers are ok though.

Room Tip: Use the shuttle to take you to the main attractions. Ask for Dario.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Durham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

On arrival we were disappointed with the outside appearance of the motel but our suite was spacious,clean and well appointed. the facilities around the motel were excellent as was the pool and the free breakfast and shuttle were unexpected pleasures. The staff on the front desk were all friendly and very helpful and all things being equal we would have used the Day's Inn again. However we had an extension to our check out time, had packed most of our belongings but left the unlocked cases in our room with the intention of putting the remainder in the cases after lunch. On arrival at our next hotel on our trip we discovered the loss of several items of personal clothing which we reported by telephone to the management of the Day's Inn. The manager assured us that she would arrange an audit of the key system to see if anyone had entered our room and would contact us the next day at our new hotel. She did not do this!!!. We can only assume that there is a thief working at this hotel as our room was secure at all times and the cases were locked and untampered with on the onward journey. Had management handled this incident as they said they would we would have given this motel a very good report. We will be reporting this matter to Day's Inn head office.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room away from the highway.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Mesa, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

This was the second annual trip by members of the Alliance of Marine Corps Veterans to attend Graduation Ceremonies at MCRD in San Diego.

The rooms were clean, beds really nice!!!! I hate rock hard beds and this one was very comfortable. I actually got a good nights sleep and for me that's rare when we are on the road. The rates were very reasonable and this hotel offers a full breakfast prepared by staff cooks and served to you cafeteria style in one room and you eat in a separate dining room. This was by far the best breakfast at a hotel I have ever had and we travel a lot.

The location is very convenient to the beach, airport, Sea world, and MCRD.

I would definitely recommend this hotel and will stay here again. Way to go folks! Good job!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Days Inn & Suites - Sea World/Airport? Share your experiences!