“It was OK” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #205 of 269 hotels in San Diego
Beaconsfield, Bucks
“It was OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

We arrived before advertised check-in time, and were advised rooms not yet available and we should come back later. The receptionist wasn't particularly friendly or welcoming - more interested in chatting in Spanish with her colleague. We stayed put in reception area (too tired after long drive to consider leaving!), and miraculously within 5mins a room became available. It was on 2nd floor in the units across the road from reception. Room was very dark, and a little dingy because of it - as the window gives onto the public walkway, we couldn't leave curtains open for light. Bed was comfortable enough, but the basin in the bedroom was a bit odd.

We sat out by pool area, although wouldn't have been tempted into the pool, as it looked a little bit murky. The guest laundry area was functional if not particularly inviting. Breakfast provided in the 1st floor room was average, nothing special.

We had booked here for proximity to Sea World, which worked out well. We had considered leaving the car at the hotel and using their free shuttle - however the earliest run it did to S/W was 30mins after the park opened, which didn't feel very customer-service oriented. So we packed up and drove to S/W. This was an OK budget hotel, the least recommended of all those we stayed in over 2 week period.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

534 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Mexico City, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Good place to Stay, quiet and clean, our room was on the third floor. But the hotel has an elevator. Receptionist was friendly and helpful, AC worked fine, bathroom was clean. Did not make if for breakfast so can't review that. Overall a good place to stay in SD

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Odense, Denmark
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Picked up a rental car and 5-minutes later we checked in at the hotel.
lots of parking,WIFI woked fine.
Had room 136rigjt by the swimmingpool,and it idnt bother us.
Airconunit was okay,not to load.
Fast food and propper restaurants within walking distance.
Pool is okay,
Breakfat fom 6 , Us style...

• Stayed October 2012
Orange County, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I got my room on Priceline, and was appalled when I looked at the reviews. Even made plans to bail if it was awful once I got to San Diego and checked in. However, I asked for and received a room on the 3rd (top) floor, and was very pleased to also be assigned a room in the building just behind reception (NOT the building near the pool) and at the far end of the building as well. As a result, I had no problems with noise from other customers, could only hear the occasional door slamming. Lots of kids running up and down the walkways on each floor, but nowhere near by room, since I was at the very end of the building.

The furniture in the room looked on the new side, and the bathroom was also clean and in good condition. The carpet looked like it needed to be cleaned and restretched, but nothing horrible. AC worked great! Frig and microwave were fine, coffee maker was broken - good thing Starbuck's was across the street! Didn't take advantage of the complimentary continental breakfast or go to the pool, so no comments there. Location was very convenient to restaurants, grocery stores, Starbuck's, freeway access, etc.

Reception staff very friendly and helpful at check-in, less so at check out, but no problems.

I wouldn't book this hotel deliberately again, but it really was perfect for what I needed - a safe, clean, convenient place to sleep while in San Diego.

Room Tip: For quieter room - ask for top floor, away from elevator
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Nicoleh79, Manager at Days Inn & Suites - Sea World/Airport, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
B_M_johnson,

Thank you for taking the time to write the review. I'm so sorry to hear about your broken coffee pot. I'm the new General Manger and I will be checking all the coffee pots. I hope you will be able to visit San Diego again and will think about staying with us. Please feel free to contact me if you will be needing a room again. Thanks!
Farmingdale, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

My friend and I stayed here June 22nd-26th and we had a great time. We are two girls that were just looking to experience San Diego for the first time and this was a good place for us to rest our heads. The beds were comfortable, the staff was great. If there was any problems, they were there right away to assist. The room we stayed in smelled of cigarettes (mind you, we were in a non smoking room) and we were right by the elevator so it was kind of loud. All and all like the title says, it wasn't bad, but it wasn't great. I would most likely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

I picked this hotel because they Advertised free airport shuttle beginning at 6 am. Also called to confirm. When I checked in was told shuttle didn't start until 6:30 am. Too late for me. Was also told they would give me breakfast early on the phone when I checked again again said no. Told me the taxi they used to airport was $11 but taxi wanted $ 16 when I got to airport. Ac unit in room ancient. Poor choice for price. Never again

Room Tip: Don't stAy here
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Belfort, France
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

We spent 2 nights in that hotel.

Positive Aspects: Well located, nice swimming pool, large parking

Negative Aspects: The Mexican lady at the front desk was agressive, not polite, not even answering when we were asking a question. She gave us a room under the standard we had paid for. Each time we were asking something we had an agressive answer (if answer was given) and very dark looking at us.
I think that people like her shouldn't work in commercial activity if they don't respect a minimum
customers.

The place does not look safe, I wouldn't advise it for families.

Regards,

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Days Inn & Suites - Sea World/Airport? Share your experiences!