“A nice Courtyard in a nice area not too far out of San Diego” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Sorrento Mesa/La Jolla

You added Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Sorrento Mesa/La Jolla to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Sorrento Mesa/La Jolla
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9650 Scranton Road, San Diego, CA 92121   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
$20 Daily Credit
Ranked #144 of 270 Hotels in San Diego
Los Angeles, California
“A nice Courtyard in a nice area not too far out of San Diego”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Courtyards are mostly the same and this Courtyard is pretty much similar to every other one. It is a nice one though with Courtyard's most contemporary and freshly updated decor (both in the lobby and the rooms), good customer service and a good location (in a relaxing, nice area not too far from the city). There are not many negatives though weekend rates can get expensive here. Still, it is one of the more reasonably priced Marriott brand hotels in the San Diego area.

Pros: Standard Courtyard amenities (complimentary parking, complimentary internet, 24-hour fitness center), fresh and up-to-date room decor (for a Courtyard), comfortable hotel, good customer service, not very close to San Diego but a quick enough drive, nice and quiet area.

Cons: Weekend rates can be more expensive than most Courtyards in the US (though not too bad for the San Diego area), features/luxury for the money (if you are not a loyal Marriott customer, you might find a much more upscale hotel through a travel site for the same price as this Courtyard).

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
GMCourtyardSD, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Sorrento Mesa/La Jolla, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Dear Anthony N.,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor about your stay with us last July! Even though your stay was almost a year ago, we still value feedback regardless of when it’s given to us!

I’m thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms and Bistro lobby. Also, I look forward to sharing your “Pros” list with our staff, which mentions our good customer service.

Thank you again for taking the time to write this review and if I can ever be of assistance for future reservations at our hotel, please do not hesitate to reach out to me personally at any time.

Charlie Smith

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Poplar Grove, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

We loved our entire stay at the Courtyard! The staff was friendly, polite, and accommodating. The room was very clean - something I'm quite picky about. The restaurant offers healthy choices, and a variety options.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear HappilyRetiredPair,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor about your stay with us in April! I’m so pleased that we met your expectations when it came to our friendly and accommodating staff, as well as our room cleanliness and our restaurant choices.

We hope to you visit us again on your return trip to San Diego and if I can ever be of personal assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly.

Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The Courtyard in Sorrento Mesa is what you expect - friendly staff, clean rooms, good location for business, efficient dining for breakfast. The staff is usually very accommodating, and if your flight gets you to SAN early, they will often accommodate an early check in. Similarly, if you need an extra hour or so before checkout, it is usually not an issue. Right across the street from Strauss - a nice brewery pub.

Room Tip: Inside rooms face the pool in the courtyard.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
GMCourtyardSD, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Sorrento Mesa/La Jolla, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Hello 2young2retire!

Thank you for taking a moment out of your day to review your stay with us at the Courtyard San Diego Sorrento Mesa. Your feedback is just as important to us, as it is other travelers on this site.

I’m thrilled to hear that your stay with us was what you have come to expect when staying at Courtyards or other Marriott hotels. I’ll be sure to share your comments with the staff to show them how important something like an early check-in or late departure is to our guests.

If there is anything I can do to assist you personally with future reservations at our hotel, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly at any time.

Again, I thank you for your review and look forward to sharing it with the team.

Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I have long been fond of the Marriott brand lodgings from the Fairfield on up. This is a good example of the quality I expect. My husband and I found the room clean, spacious and comfortable. A full breakfast which was included in our very good rate was excellent. We found the staff extremely accommodating from the front line staff, to a manager, to the ladies in the restaurant. They could not have been more helpful. Our stay only enforced my ability to rely on the Marriott chain.

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor. It was easily accessible and quiet.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
GMCourtyardSD, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Sorrento Mesa/La Jolla, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Hello Cathy B!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Courtyard San Diego Sorrento Mesa in March!

I’m so excited to hear how perfect a match our hotel and our staff were for you and your husband on your trip. I will be sharing your comments about the staff from the Front Desk to the Bistro, as well as our Manager who assisted you.

If there is ever anything I can personally assist you with as well, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly at any time.

Harbor City, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I was impressed by how quiet the hotel was. We had originally booked the room in order to be close to the freeway in order to get to sea world with our 1 year old. After some swift deliberation we decided that we needed some time alone and opted for the grandparents to watch him. The hotel was clean, quiet, updated, comfortable, and seemingly uncrowded. There were plenty of cars in the parking lot so I think everyone was just kind of keeping to themselves. Every inch of the hotel was clean, the service was great, and the staff was friendly. I would definitely recommend this hotel even though it is a bit of a cab ride to down town where most of the night life is.

Room Tip: I suppose asking them to put you in a room opposite the end of where everyone else occupying couldn...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
GMCourtyardSD, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Sorrento Mesa/La Jolla, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear Justin C,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Courtyard San Diego Sorrento Mesa! I’m thrilled to hear that your stay was perfect for you and your family while visiting San Diego. It sounds like our hotel was in the perfect location and that was quiet, updated and comfortable.

Thank you as well for the recommendation for other Trip Advisor travelers!

If there is ever anything I can do personally to assist you with future reservations at our hotel, please do not hesitate to reach out to me personally at any time.

We look forward to your next stay with us!

Copiague, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Stayed there for 4 days while visiting family. Stayed on the top floor [3rd]. Very quiet, especially on the weekend. It is in a high tech business area and it fills up on weekdays with people on business. But that can be a good thing if you are looking for a quiet, peaceful place to stay. Daily housekeeping service was not very good. You will need to travel a few miles for restaurants other than McDonalds and Star Bucks. Service at the main desk was excellent but the cafe on the first floor was less than spectacular. Staff there was a little curt and not all that helpful.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I was stay here for a night with family. the hotel is clean, staffs are friendly. we did received a early check in upon arrived in the early morning. Nice new renovated lobby, also provided computers and printer for business use as well. the room is big and nice clean. i love the balcony, there have chairs have set there for relax. i definitely will return there next time.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
GMCourtyardSD, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Sorrento Mesa/La Jolla, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Hello Mieah C!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us here in January. I’m thrilled to hear that you had a wonderful stay with your family and you enjoyed the newly renovated rooms and lobby.

If there is anything I can do to help with future reservations at our property, please do not hesitate to reach out to me at any time.

Charlie Smith

Been to Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Sorrento Mesa/La Jolla? Share your experiences!