“OK For Price” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites Mission Valley

You added Comfort Suites Mission Valley to your Saves list
Comfort Suites Mission Valley
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   631 Camino Del Rio South, San Diego, CA 92108 (Mission Valley / Hotel Circle)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #167 of 271 Hotels in San Diego
New Orleans
“OK For Price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

We chose this hotel due to its Choice Points needed were lower than other comfort inns/suites & as it says suites, we wanted a suite. The good 1st. The fridge was super cold a major plus for me. The bathroom counter was longer than a much more expensive Marriott down the road. The towel rack was better positioned than said hotel right by the bath. Also helping exit from bathtub. It has a rail to exit bathtub as well. It was clean. They were kind enough to give me extra towels on request twice a day. Only on the 1st night did they not have enough. They did give 4 large towels anyway in the room. More than most hotels. We had 3 adults in the room. There were more covers on bed than a more expensive hotel in the area. I like more covers.

There is a free breakfast. It's ok. The food is fresh. I have seen more choices in prob. more expensive hotels ie. only white plain bagel & white toast bread. 2 hot choices decent sausage & eggs. there are 2 waffle makers so that was great. Plus cereal & yogurt. Plenty of seating inc. an outdoor terrace.

The not so great. The room is NOT a suite its a regular room size (not big) with a glass divider door making it into 2. When the sofabed is down there is no space use the desk. very tight. We had a kingbed suite 3 adults. The a/c unit is a wall unit thing that has 2 setting low & high. Also this is Major in summer it is in the sofabed section so in summer for the bed section get air you Have leave door open anyway making the divider useless. The bathtub was slippy. This seems be a thing with hotels. We all shower. The shower drips too unless turned so tight I struggle to undo it (i'm not strong). The parking is tight too and our room was near an outside door but there was no ramp in for the luggage cart. We have a lot of luggage. So we had to carry it to the cart or push it from lobby further away.

There is a tv in each room half so with kids I'm sure that's great. The pool is in use through the evening hours, great for kids. This is definitely a family stay hotel. Not a bad hotel but if you afford better then trade up if not its clean with free breakfast, a cold fridge & microwave. etc.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
new haven, ct
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

My husband and I were getting "remarried" in SD for the benefit of his SD friends who couldn't make it to our East Coast wedding. My California matron of honour decided to treat me to a night at a hotel rather than at her house, where I was supposed to stay. It was a surprise, and while her husband had wanted to put me up at the Coronado (where we were spending the next night) my husband didn't want them to spend that much, so she chose here. "Not a dive, but okay" was her summation.

Well, it was a typical Comfort Inn, clean and comfortable, no problems. Of course it was a little more special for me as she had goodies set up for me, from tea and wine and cookies to candles (which I suppose we weren't supposed to have!) and a bubble bath...and I wasn't there long enough to check out the pool or surroundings. It is on a frontage road, so no wondrous vistas...

The bathroom was very large, which was great, as I needed to "steam" my gown, which had to be shoved into carry-on luggage due to airline concerns...I believe the bath was so large because it was a handicapped room. For whatever reason it was great. I could put the gown over the shower bar and use the sink, etc., without getting near it.

Microwave, fridge, coffee maker - the usual amenities. No complaints.

Room Tip: Room seemed to be quiet and was on first floor, so I presume rooms on higher floors are very quiet...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

We did Priceline's 'Name Your Price' and we were very pleased with what we ended up with. We had a King Suite on the 3rd Floor. The front desk guy was very sweet and professional. The room was spacious, very clean, and nice and cool when we arrived. The pool didn't have a ton of chairs or a whole lot of space, but it was nice and partly shaded surrounded by a nice garden. The continental breakfast was average in quality, but we appreciated the amount of options and shaded outdoor seating. The amenities were great- fridge, microwave, hair dryer, iron & ironing board. We gad what we needed.

The location of the hotel is not all that exciting- you would need a rental car to go places, but we found it to be very centrally located and a nice spot to come back to.

Room Tip: None of them really have a view, but choose one on the third floor to be up from any noise in the pa...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

Buyer, beware!! They also add an $8 parking fee to the room rate...we had a problem with the a/c..imagine, San Diego in August and HOT hot a/c...
I left a review for Comfort Inn Suites and Mr. Patel emailed me back with and apology and asked me to come back to the hotel....NEVER
The attitude at the front desk was take it or leave it...I will LEAVE IT!

Montgomery, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

I am so very glad I changed my reservations to this hotel while visiting my hometown for my high school class reunion (Go Kearny Komets!!). The Comfort Suites is another great example of what a hotel should be. Check in was quick as well as check out, and I was thanked both times for choosing Comfort Suites. The entire front desk staff was awesome. Kudos to Adam and Carla, and the rest of the front desk staff who helped me whenever I had to come to the desk. Wifi was speedy, water pressure was decent, bedding was wonderfully comfortable, and the size of the room was more than adequate as a suite. Two flatscreen TVs, refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker. Great A/C and fan system. I was assigned a first floor room and was skeptical of the potential noise, and was told I could change rooms if I would like the next morning (I arrived around 11pm due to flight delays, and the upper floor rooms were already full). I was assured that the first floor was going to be quiet, and it most certainly was - I didn't hear a peep, for a room right next to the breakfast area and pool. If I needed anything, they were right on it. I accidentally left my key in my room at least twice when heading out for the day or evening, and they happily gave me another each time, so I ended up turning in a few when I checked out. I do not like housekeeping in my room when I am traveling, and they respected my wishes with the do not disturb sign on my door; they did leave a note that if I wanted clean towels or anything to just let the front desk know, and so I did, and within what seemed like a matter of seconds, I had new towels in my hand.

Breakfast selection was great, with waffle makers, coffee, juices, milk, fresh fruit, yogurt, boiled eggs, hot and cold cereal, bagels, pastries, toast, scrambled eggs and sausage, with plenty of seating indoors and outdoors on the patio next to the pool. The pool area was smaller than I thought it would be but it was appealing and refreshing, with a hot tub as well. A fitness room was available as well, and a business center. Snacks were also available at the front desk. Parking was $8 per night but no biggie since I am used to paying way more than that elsewhere. Very close to the I-8 freeway to connect to the 5, 805, 15 and 163 freeways with plenty of restaurants and shopping nearby. The property itself is just like its photos, very appealing and spotless. The entire staff that I came in contact with was very efficient, friendly and helpful, which is a great thing to see in hospitality.

The only thing that I did not care for was the constant barrage of food delivery flyers under my door every day when I returned from my outings, at least three a day, and were even seen littering the hallways at least twice - but I am sure some guests enjoyed them. Other than that, everything was perfect. I would definitely stay here again. The entire staff made my stay amazing,

Room Tip: lower floors are amazingly quiet
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

This motel is in need of updating. It is very reasonably priced for a family but only the king sized bed mattress was comfortable. The bunk beds needed new mattresses and management instructs the housekeeping staff to only put the fitted sheet on the bunk bed. Very unusual. The top sheet and blanket are large and they are folded in quarters and laid on top of the bed. Imagine going to bed in the summer with what feels like four sheets and four blankets on top of you. We stayed four nights and it was the same breakfast ever day.

San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

I'd like to start out by saying that this is not even worth the amount of money they make you pay. As a frequent traveler, I've seen a lot of things about this hotel that do not make sense. The outside of the hotel looks nice and updated, even in the pictures. However don't let this fool you. Once you get inside the place looks outdated and worn. The evelvators are cramped on the inside and extremely slow. The rooms on the online photos look refreshing and openly spaced, however they are not. The oversized furniture and awkwardly placed decor makes the room feel more like a small bedroom rather than an actual hotel room. The sliding door in the bathrooms are not even equipped with a privacy lock either, which again, makes no sense. The parking in California can be tight, but this hotel has almost little to no room for parking. You may also run into the possibility of parking on the side of the street. Did I forget to mention parking is $8 a day, regardless? Also the WIFI does not work unless you use the Business Center computers. However, if you choose this location, the breakfast is fairly good and it's free--make sure to go down early or else it becomes too crowded and there is no seating. Avoid getting rooms in front of the pool or on the main levels if you don't want a lot of noise. The hotel attracts a lot of families and the noise travels pretty effortlessly throughout. If you plan on doing laundry, good luck. Only one person can fit in the laundry "room" at a time and the dryers hardly dry your clothes; no matter how much time and money you put into it.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Art C, General Manager at Comfort Suites Mission Valley, responded to this review, September 28, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at the Comfort Suites Mission Valley SeaWorld Area in San Diego.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of Choice Hotels for failing to meet your expectations regarding your overall experience on your recent visit. We are disappointed to hear that this hotel's cleanliness and staff performance was not up to par with Choice Hotels' standards. We have made the feedback regarding the condition of the rooms and quality of service available to management for their review.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give Choice Hotels another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations.

Kind Regards,

Art Collantes

Been to Comfort Suites Mission Valley? Share your experiences!