We chose this hotel due to its Choice Points needed were lower than other comfort inns/suites & as it says suites, we wanted a suite. The good 1st. The fridge was super cold a major plus for me. The bathroom counter was longer than a much more expensive Marriott down the road. The towel rack was better positioned than said hotel right by the bath. Also helping exit from bathtub. It has a rail to exit bathtub as well. It was clean. They were kind enough to give me extra towels on request twice a day. Only on the 1st night did they not have enough. They did give 4 large towels anyway in the room. More than most hotels. We had 3 adults in the room. There were more covers on bed than a more expensive hotel in the area. I like more covers.
There is a free breakfast. It's ok. The food is fresh. I have seen more choices in prob. more expensive hotels ie. only white plain bagel & white toast bread. 2 hot choices decent sausage & eggs. there are 2 waffle makers so that was great. Plus cereal & yogurt. Plenty of seating inc. an outdoor terrace.
The not so great. The room is NOT a suite its a regular room size (not big) with a glass divider door making it into 2. When the sofabed is down there is no space use the desk. very tight. We had a kingbed suite 3 adults. The a/c unit is a wall unit thing that has 2 setting low & high. Also this is Major in summer it is in the sofabed section so in summer for the bed section get air you Have leave door open anyway making the divider useless. The bathtub was slippy. This seems be a thing with hotels. We all shower. The shower drips too unless turned so tight I struggle to undo it (i'm not strong). The parking is tight too and our room was near an outside door but there was no ramp in for the luggage cart. We have a lot of luggage. So we had to carry it to the cart or push it from lobby further away.
There is a tv in each room half so with kids I'm sure that's great. The pool is in use through the evening hours, great for kids. This is definitely a family stay hotel. Not a bad hotel but if you afford better then trade up if not its clean with free breakfast, a cold fridge & microwave. etc.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you’re traveling on business or spending time with family and friends, Comfort Suites’ convenient location is close to everywhere you need to be in San Diego. In the heart of San Diego’s Mission Valley, 10 minutes from Downtown and most major attractions. Winner of Choice Hotels’ Gold Hospitality Award recognizing exceptional service, facilities and hospitality. Free hot deluxe brekfast buffet daily! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Choice Hotels, Hotels.com, AAA Travel Services, Orbitz, getaroom.com, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Agoda and Tingo so you can book your Comfort Suites Mission Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites Mission Valley Hotel San Diego
- Mission Valley Comfort Suites
- Comfort Suites San Diego
- San Diego Comfort Suites