“No Good” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites Mission Valley

You added Comfort Suites Mission Valley to your Saves list
Comfort Suites Mission Valley
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   631 Camino Del Rio South, San Diego, CA 92108 (Mission Valley / Hotel Circle)   |
Hotel deals
“No Good”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Rooms are Nice, Staff -- Friendly, Heated Pool -- Nice

TV Channels -- No CNN , No Lakers = No Good

Let your customers choose what they want to watch not a group of corporate geniuses.

a suggestion from a Diamond Member

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Elizabeth M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Mission Valley, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear NicSrt8,

I do remember the night when the game was going on and I am sorry about that. Our cable company decided to do an upgrade right in the middle of that game. Recently, we changed televisions and we added HD channels as one of our amenities. Each individual TV needed to be programmed with all the new channels. If I could ask of a favor and email me the reservation name or the room your were staying in, I will personally review the programming of that television to make sure that CNN was also included in there. Although we have a limited number of HD channels, CNN is one of the selections. It sounds like you did enjoy the rooms and our friendly staff. Our pool area right now is so beautiful with our wonderful spring weather. Everything is so green as the flowers are beginning to bloom. Please do keep us in mind on your next visit to San Diego.

I wish the Lakers a successful season!

Kind regards,

Elizabeth Ming

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
West Jordan, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

i stayed there in april 2012, i had my daughter 10Years pick it out, she said some friends loved it. well Loved it we did. I have a family of 4 than we asked my mom to go with us. The room we recieved was on the 2nd floor, it was clean, smelled good and big, we each got privacy that we wanted. The location was close to the other attractions around there. We decided to check out the breakfast they offer, they didnt let us down. the room was big, and lots to choose from, the fresh fruit, cereal, to different types of breads and meats, when there was a mess it was cleaned up fast, when food was going low it was replaced with hot food. The pool and hot tub was awesome. I loved the locked doors before you go to your room. The laundry was small but we did ours late at night so it wasnt busy, we also were gone for 12 days, if a small trip laundry wouldnt be a problem. When I do go back to california i am going to book my vacation here and always. I LOVED that place very much. The staff were friendly even when we asked questions over and the wifi great.

Room Tip: first time at hotel
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Dear Christy,

One of my greatest joys working in the hospitality business is seeing the smiles we bring to you and all of the other families while on vacation. Thank you so much for sharing your experience with others. We take pride in the accommodations that we offer as well as the options that we offer to our guests. I am constantly looking for something new to bring into our breakfast room to make our hotel is unique from others. Although the breakfast is free, I assure you that I spare no expense on the quality of the items that we serve. I am so pleased that you had the opportunity to enjoy the pool, hot tub, and our beautiful courtyard. I also do get many positive comments about how the guests enjoy the French doors dividing both rooms. I look forward to your next visit with us! As you will see, many new upgrades will be here to welcome you.

I wish you a wonderful summer and lots of joy to you and your family.

Kind regards,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We just came back from a 5-night stay at this hotel. We rented 2 rooms on the 2nd floor inside away from the pool a bit. After walking outside, I can understand why people say the rooms by the pool are too loud. The first day, there was a little garbage in the bathroom and I smelled a bad smell all night and the next morning discovered that someone must have been sick and the pillows didn't get washed. I took them down to the sweet girl at the front dest, and when I walked back upstairs, the manager was there. She talked to me and addressed my concerns immediately. I did have a problem getting a new mattress cover which made for less comfortable sleep the last 3 nights. I wrote a note and told the front desk that we needed a new one, and it never came. The other cons were that the microwave and hair dryer didn't work, but we didn't notice in time to get them fixed. A regular hair dryer will not fit in the bathroom plug because the mirrors are too big. Now, for the pro's. The breakfast is a lot more than you will see at almost any hotel. It was always being refilled. Wonderful! The parking was very reasonably priced and we were able to find a place to park every night, even with the holiday. The second room with another TV and pull-out bed were perfect for my little boy and they had a crib waiting in our room. The front desk staff was super friendly. The front area of the hotel felt so welcoming. It really is as beaufiul as the pictures. Even after several negative things happened during our stay, I would stay here again for sure. For the amazing value and a manger who is very involved, it is worth not having a perfect hotel to stay in. At least it was for us. I am so glad I didn't trust all the negative reviews. I looked online for 9 months almost every night for a good deal and everything we wanted, and decided on this hotel. We will be back. Thank you Comfort Suites!

Room Tip: Rooms away from the pool.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Elizabeth M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Mission Valley, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
I am very pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that you took your valuable time to send us your comments. We value them and use them to continually improve our guest experience. I also appreciate that you allowed us to correct the two things we apparently missed by brining them to our attention during your stay with us. My staff and I always strive to make things right when we occasionally miss something.

We are glad you enjoyed our breakfast buffet. As you noted, we are continually improving our selections while always focusing on quality. Many of our guests comment on how much they love the suites with separate rooms. Not only do the children like their own special area, the parents are able to enjoy a bit more privacy while still being able to hear the kids.

I am grateful you noticed how welcoming our property and lobby is. We feel that a hotel only gets one chance to make a first impression and our staff prides themselves on making all areas of our hotel the best they can be.

We also sincerely enjoyed you and your family as our guests at our property and are glad that our efforts to provide our guests with quality, attentive customer service impressed you enough to state you will stay with us again. That is the best compliment we can receive, and we look forward to your return.

Lehi, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

The hotel is nice, the bunk bed room is the best for a family. Our kids were so excited to have their own room and bunk beds. The pool and hottub were fun too. Breakfast is decent too. But what sold me is the customer service! I will go back. I left a very expensive toy realized it after a 10 hour drive home. They were SO HELPFUL, housekeeping, front desk, everyone. I just got it in the mail less than a week after our stay. THANK YOU COMFORT SUITES!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
We sincerely appreciate your feedback that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us so much. I am happy your children enjoyed their stay with us too, in their own part of your room with their special bunk beds! Many of our guests with children state the bunk beds combined with their own area make the children feel very at ease while traveling.

Our staff is also very pleased that you mentioned them in your review too. Often the things they do to ensure our guests have a pleasant stay are done in the background and not always noticed by our guests, so it was very rewarding for them to see your comments. We were only too glad that we found the item you left in your room and that were able to return it to you safely.

We are honored that you value our staff and commitment to customer service and we look forward to you staying with us again in the future.

Long Beach, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Please be careful not leave anything laying around the room while cleaning maids are in there. I left a nine foot long, solid-white cord (charger for my laptop) laying out after my checkout. I realized I hadn't packed it and immediately called back to have it picked up.

Apparently the room had already been cleaned and no cord was reported. And of course no one wanted to confess to taking something afterwards. Now I'm out $80, and the Manager would do nothing. It took two weeks and numerous messages before I caught her on the phone to discuss this.

Thanks Comfort Suites. I've ben a diamond elite choice privilege member years, but I'm thinking of moving my loyalty to the Holiday Inn.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Downey, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is a very nice hotel , that is very close to a lot of places to go. The mall is across the freeway. There are plenty of resturants that are close by, or you can go in numerous direction to find plenty of places to eat and be entertained. The problem I and a few guest had was the parking.if you come back to the hotel late at night you will be hard pressed to find parking at the hotel. I and a few guest had to park on the street. They also charge for parking which was refunded because I had to park on the street

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Elizabeth M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Mission Valley, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
I very much appreciate you taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. I do read all comments in an effort to always find ways to improve our guest experience. I am glad you enjoyed the fact that our location is indeed convenient to restaurants, shopping, and the San Diego attractions.

I am sorry the parking did not satisfy your expectations. Normally we do have enough parking spots available for every guest. However, there can be rare occasions as you noticed, when there are only a few remaining spots available when coming back to the hotel late at night. We sometimes have cars from surrounding businesses that park in our lot, but we do try and monitor our lot for these situations and have the cars removed. I do apologize for your inconvenience that you had to park on the street, but I am glad you were able to raise your concern to the manager on duty who was able remove the parking charge.

Again, I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and I do appreciate your feedback.

Sincerely yours,

3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We had a short stay here with friends visiting from out of state. We wanted something close to Sea World that was comfortable and affordable. This hotel was exactly that! The rooms were nice (small but updated), the staff was friendly and helpful and the grounds were pretty. We enjoyed sitting out on the community patio area at night, sipping wine and enjoying the warm evening weather. There is a TGIF's VERY close by that we had dinner at one night (great menu and prices) and a Denny's just down the road (we had breakfast here). Also, an AM/PM mart a block away, which was nice for loading up on water/drinks/snacks.

Great little hotel. Would stay here again!

Room Tip: Request a quiet room, if possible. We had a floor level room near the lobby and it was great!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
I thank you very much for your nice review of our property and that you took the time to let others know that you enjoyed your stay with us. As you pointed out, we are very convenient to Sea World and all the San Diego attractions. Many of our guests tell us as you did, they like to be able to walk to restaurants and stores that are close by and/or drive across the road to the shopping center. I am glad you found this to be true for your stay as well.
Our staff works very hard to ensure our guests enjoy their stay with us, and I am sure they will be pleased when I share your comments with them that you appreciated their effort. I am glad you were able to enjoy our pool are and grounds. Our property has devoted the past year to making many improvements and upgrades to our rooms and common areas. I do hope you also had the opportunity to try our expanded selections on our breakfast buffet as well.
I appreciate your comments and hope you choose to stay with us again soon!
Sincerely yours,

Elizabeth Ming

Been to Comfort Suites Mission Valley? Share your experiences!