“Overwhelmed with happiness!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites Mission Valley

Save Saved
You added Comfort Suites Mission Valley to your Saves list
Comfort Suites Mission Valley
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   631 Camino Del Rio South, San Diego, CA 92108 (Mission Valley / Hotel Circle)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #195 of 270 hotels in San Diego
Lehi, Utah
“Overwhelmed with happiness!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

The hotel is nice, the bunk bed room is the best for a family. Our kids were so excited to have their own room and bunk beds. The pool and hottub were fun too. Breakfast is decent too. But what sold me is the customer service! I will go back. I left a very expensive toy realized it after a 10 hour drive home. They were SO HELPFUL, housekeeping, front desk, everyone. I just got it in the mail less than a week after our stay. THANK YOU COMFORT SUITES!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Elizabeth M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Mission Valley, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
We sincerely appreciate your feedback that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us so much. I am happy your children enjoyed their stay with us too, in their own part of your room with their special bunk beds! Many of our guests with children state the bunk beds combined with their own area make the children feel very at ease while traveling.

Our staff is also very pleased that you mentioned them in your review too. Often the things they do to ensure our guests have a pleasant stay are done in the background and not always noticed by our guests, so it was very rewarding for them to see your comments. We were only too glad that we found the item you left in your room and that were able to return it to you safely.

We are honored that you value our staff and commitment to customer service and we look forward to you staying with us again in the future.

236 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Long Beach, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Please be careful not leave anything laying around the room while cleaning maids are in there. I left a nine foot long, solid-white cord (charger for my laptop) laying out after my checkout. I realized I hadn't packed it and immediately called back to have it picked up.

Apparently the room had already been cleaned and no cord was reported. And of course no one wanted to confess to taking something afterwards. Now I'm out $80, and the Manager would do nothing. It took two weeks and numerous messages before I caught her on the phone to discuss this.

Thanks Comfort Suites. I've ben a diamond elite choice privilege member years, but I'm thinking of moving my loyalty to the Holiday Inn.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Long Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is a very nice hotel , that is very close to a lot of places to go. The mall is across the freeway. There are plenty of resturants that are close by, or you can go in numerous direction to find plenty of places to eat and be entertained. The problem I and a few guest had was the parking.if you come back to the hotel late at night you will be hard pressed to find parking at the hotel. I and a few guest had to park on the street. They also charge for parking which was refunded because I had to park on the street

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Elizabeth M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Mission Valley, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
I very much appreciate you taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. I do read all comments in an effort to always find ways to improve our guest experience. I am glad you enjoyed the fact that our location is indeed convenient to restaurants, shopping, and the San Diego attractions.

I am sorry the parking did not satisfy your expectations. Normally we do have enough parking spots available for every guest. However, there can be rare occasions as you noticed, when there are only a few remaining spots available when coming back to the hotel late at night. We sometimes have cars from surrounding businesses that park in our lot, but we do try and monitor our lot for these situations and have the cars removed. I do apologize for your inconvenience that you had to park on the street, but I am glad you were able to raise your concern to the manager on duty who was able remove the parking charge.

Again, I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and I do appreciate your feedback.

Sincerely yours,

3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We had a short stay here with friends visiting from out of state. We wanted something close to Sea World that was comfortable and affordable. This hotel was exactly that! The rooms were nice (small but updated), the staff was friendly and helpful and the grounds were pretty. We enjoyed sitting out on the community patio area at night, sipping wine and enjoying the warm evening weather. There is a TGIF's VERY close by that we had dinner at one night (great menu and prices) and a Denny's just down the road (we had breakfast here). Also, an AM/PM mart a block away, which was nice for loading up on water/drinks/snacks.

Great little hotel. Would stay here again!

Room Tip: Request a quiet room, if possible. We had a floor level room near the lobby and it was great!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
I thank you very much for your nice review of our property and that you took the time to let others know that you enjoyed your stay with us. As you pointed out, we are very convenient to Sea World and all the San Diego attractions. Many of our guests tell us as you did, they like to be able to walk to restaurants and stores that are close by and/or drive across the road to the shopping center. I am glad you found this to be true for your stay as well.
Our staff works very hard to ensure our guests enjoy their stay with us, and I am sure they will be pleased when I share your comments with them that you appreciated their effort. I am glad you were able to enjoy our pool are and grounds. Our property has devoted the past year to making many improvements and upgrades to our rooms and common areas. I do hope you also had the opportunity to try our expanded selections on our breakfast buffet as well.
I appreciate your comments and hope you choose to stay with us again soon!
Sincerely yours,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times with the kids and we really enjoy the amenities of the property and the value of the stay. We like having a separate room for the kids and that room is not near the door to the room. Usually a quiet property I would recommend a room on the 3rd floor to avoid any extra noise. The rooms are very clean and while they are a bit on the small side,they make good use of the space they have.

Room Tip: Ask for a 3rd floor room for less noise.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Elizabeth M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Mission Valley, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
I very much appreciate you taking the time to send us your comments about your recent stay with us. I use all comments to continually improve guest satisfaction. I am glad you are a frequent guest and have discovered the quality, value, and amenities of our property. We are always adding services and making improvements to our hotel in order to make guests feel this is their “home away from home”.
Our separate suites with two rooms are indeed a popular feature and I am happy you and your children like them. Not only do they provide some extra privacy, children enjoy their “own rooms” and can watch their own programs on the separate television.
I hope you and your family had the opportunity to take advantage of the variety of choices of our breakfast buffet, as well as the daily menu changes. I also hope you and your family had time to relax in the swimming pool.
Again, I thank you so much for your comments. Please let me know the next time you decide to stay with us as I would like to give you a small token of our appreciation for being a frequent quest.
Elizabeth Ming, General Manager
Yuma, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We recently stayed at this hotel. We checked in around 1:30pm. Most hotel rooms are stuffy and hot when first entering them. We started the AC unit and fan and left the room. We returned around 8:45pm and the room was still hot! Our friends were staying in the adjoining room and I walked into their room to see if their AC was working the same. Their room was cold and they didn't even have the fan on. We called the front desk and they said they would send someone up. 30 minutes pass and we receive another call asking what the problem was. I explained again and was told someone would be up...again. 1 hour later, maintenance finally shows up and proceeds to tell us that nothing is wrong with the AC unit. 30 minutes later, the front desk calls back and says there is nothing wrong and nothing they can do for us and that they would put a note in our file. It is now 11pm and we had 2 children with us. We had no choice, but to endure the night. We were NEVER even offered another room. The next morning I asked to speak to the manager. I was told she was not in and would not be in until the next day. The front desk clerk said she could only refund the $8 parking fee. I explained the refund was not sufficient. The clerk said she could call her manager(Elizabeth Ming) on her cell phone. The manager answered the phone call and stated that we would have to contact her the next day when she returned. I asked the clerk to refund the parking fee to start with and I would speak with her manager the next day. The clerk proceeded to tell me that she could no longer refund the $8 parking fee! I called the next day and spent 2 hours being hung up. I was told she was with a customer and would help when she was done. I was on hold for 40 minutes! I hung up and called back and was told she had gone to lunch! I asked the clerk(Davina) to call her on her cell phone and find out when she would be back. The clerk said she called, but got no answer. I asked her to call again and I was put on hold. I hung up and called back and another clerk(Cedrick) said they had customers in front of them that they needed to help. What about me?! I was the customer just yesterday and received no help from anyone there! I asked for the corporate number and Davina said they had no corporate office and Elizabeth Ming was who I needed to speak to. I spent 3 hours trying to get the problem resolved. Lauralee at the corporate office was extremely helpful and had my problem and refund resolved in less than 30 minutes! I WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN!!! And I plan on letting everyone know what horrible staff they have working at this hotel!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Elizabeth M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Mission Valley, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
Thank you for your comments concerning your recent stay with us. We did accommodate your early arrival and allowed an early check in so I hope you were able to use the extra time to enjoy more of the sights in San Diego.

I am surprised you said the room was not cool enough since we are upgrading our air conditioning and heating units and your room had just been completed. I realize all guests are different in what they like the room temperature to be however our engineering staff did check your unit while you were there and tested it to be within the normal operating range. When there are malfunctions, we do have backup units on-site we can install or take the room out of service until they can be repaired. Even though our engineering staff did not detect a malfunction in your air conditioning, our procedure is to ask the guest if they would like to be moved to a different room.

At 7am, the next morning (Sunday) you spoke with our front desk staff and stated you wished to speak with me. The staff knew I worked late the night before and would not be coming to the office until Monday she suggested you leave a voice mail or send an email to me and I would contact you on Monday. However at your insistence, they contacted me at home. While I understand your desire to speak with me about this was important to you, I was asleep and did not have the details about your case, and told the staff to take your number so I could contact you first thing Monday, but the staff said you would just call me back.

The next day, apparently you tried numerous times to contact me but did not identify who you were and apparently preferred not to leave any messages. As the General Manager, I receive countless calls every day and I instruct our receptionists to either have the caller leave me a voice mail message or send me an email since I am normally either on the phone or in a meeting. This process allows me to follow up with guest or sales inquiries when I cannot take the calls as they occur. Certainly if I am available, I take the calls, however I was attending to an emergency when you attempted to contact me the following day. Unfortunatley, this took 3 or 4 hours of my time that day. Our staff asked you to leave a call back number or send an email, but without success. I sincerely value all communications from each and every guest and always try to receive all calls as they occur whenever possible unless I am already on another call or in a meeting.
I do wish we had the opportunity to speak together about this. Again, I am sorry you felt the room was not cool enough, but I personally verified our engineer’s report and went to the room myself and found it was well within specifications and the air was very cool.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

This isn't the newest comfort inn I've stayed in but by far the best managed; all staff was excellent, willing to o the extra mile to make your stay pleasant.

Also, a nice outdoor courtyard where you could enjoy the most comprehensive of any Comfort Inn breakfast. Close proximity to beaches, downtown and zoo.

• Stayed September 2012
Elizabeth M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Mission Valley, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
I thank you for taking the time to send your kind comments and appreciate them very much. As the General Manager, I always read all comments, both positive and negative in order to not only find areas where we can improve our high standards of quality but to increase our the enjoyment of our guests.
I am pleased that you noticed how much time and effort we devote to training our staff members in order to ensure the best possible customer service we can provide. I am also glad you noticed our convenient location and our extensive breakfast selections and dining options.
As you noted, we are an established property in the San Diego area, but we are also in the process of making many upgrades to the property this will make it even more enjoyable and modern for our guests. Again, thank you for your feedback, I look forward to your next visit.
Elizabeth Ming, General Manger
Comfort Suites Mission Valley

Been to Comfort Suites Mission Valley? Share your experiences!