We recently stayed at this hotel. We checked in around 1:30pm. Most hotel rooms are stuffy and hot when first entering them. We started the AC unit and fan and left the room. We returned around 8:45pm and the room was still hot! Our friends were staying in the adjoining room and I walked into their room to see if their AC was working the same. Their room was cold and they didn't even have the fan on. We called the front desk and they said they would send someone up. 30 minutes pass and we receive another call asking what the problem was. I explained again and was told someone would be up...again. 1 hour later, maintenance finally shows up and proceeds to tell us that nothing is wrong with the AC unit. 30 minutes later, the front desk calls back and says there is nothing wrong and nothing they can do for us and that they would put a note in our file. It is now 11pm and we had 2 children with us. We had no choice, but to endure the night. We were NEVER even offered another room. The next morning I asked to speak to the manager. I was told she was not in and would not be in until the next day. The front desk clerk said she could only refund the $8 parking fee. I explained the refund was not sufficient. The clerk said she could call her manager(Elizabeth Ming) on her cell phone. The manager answered the phone call and stated that we would have to contact her the next day when she returned. I asked the clerk to refund the parking fee to start with and I would speak with her manager the next day. The clerk proceeded to tell me that she could no longer refund the $8 parking fee! I called the next day and spent 2 hours being hung up. I was told she was with a customer and would help when she was done. I was on hold for 40 minutes! I hung up and called back and was told she had gone to lunch! I asked the clerk(Davina) to call her on her cell phone and find out when she would be back. The clerk said she called, but got no answer. I asked her to call again and I was put on hold. I hung up and called back and another clerk(Cedrick) said they had customers in front of them that they needed to help. What about me?! I was the customer just yesterday and received no help from anyone there! I asked for the corporate number and Davina said they had no corporate office and Elizabeth Ming was who I needed to speak to. I spent 3 hours trying to get the problem resolved. Lauralee at the corporate office was extremely helpful and had my problem and refund resolved in less than 30 minutes! I WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN!!! And I plan on letting everyone know what horrible staff they have working at this hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you’re traveling on business or spending time with family and friends, Comfort Suites’ convenient location is close to everywhere you need to be in San Diego. In the heart of San Diego’s Mission Valley, 10 minutes from Downtown and most major attractions. Winner of Choice Hotels’ Gold Hospitality Award recognizing exceptional service, facilities and hospitality. Free hot deluxe brekfast buffet daily! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Choice Hotels, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Comfort Suites Mission Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites Mission Valley Hotel San Diego
- Mission Valley Comfort Suites
- Comfort Suites San Diego
- San Diego Comfort Suites