I'd give this hotel 3.5 stars if I could. It seems better than an average 3, but I hesitate to call it "very good".
The room was large and included a refrigerator. The room was sparkling clean -- no issues whatsoever.
Others have said the rooms have been recently remodeled -- they must have missed mine (room 222). The sink had a granite countertop, but nothing else about the room indicated to me that it had been remodeled recently. The beds were clearly in need of replacement.
Lighting is one of my pet peeves -- plenty of good light throughout the room, including above the sink, but the separate toilet/shower room was poorly lit and when you turn on that light the noisy fan kicks in. Plenty of hot water with good water pressure in the shower.
Internet was a problem. My PC could see the hotel's connection, but it was very weak and my PC would not connect. I didn't complain about this to the front desk because fortunately I have an ATT card and that link was excellent. My t-mobile phone worked well from the room too.
Others have left mixed reviews on the free breakfast -- there was a crowd, but the serving area is spread out over a wide area in two adjoining rooms and there are a reasonable number of tables. I had to wait for a person or two, but I don't see that as an issue. The servers were really friendly and helped guide the guests to whatever they wanted. It's the first time I recall seeing 3 waffle-makers. Scrambled eggs were freshly made and quite good. Juice was decent, not watered down too much like many other hotels with free breakfast. The complaint about the green bananas, though, was spot on. I took one on Tuesday morning and it wasn't edible until Friday!
My biggest complaint is the $10 they charge for parking. This wasn't clearly indicated on the hotel's website, at least not where I noticed it, nor did the front desk agent tell me about it when I checked in -- she only asked me if I had a car. I was suspicious about the way she asked me, so I asked about a fee. There is a sign, but it was turned the other way when I checked in. Anyway, I parked on the street, though I suppose if both of the hotels on that street were packed then maybe there wouldn't be spaces on the street. I have stayed on Hotel Circle before and (contrary to the some other reviews) I've never been charged for parking before.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn And Suites Zoo / Seaworld Area
- Comfort Inn & Suites Zoo / Seaworld Area Hotel San Diego
- Comfort Inn & Suites Zoo / Seaworld Area Hotel
- Comfort Inn Hotel Zoo
- San Diego Comfort Inn Suites Zoo
- Comfort Inn San Diego Zoo
- Comfort Inn Seaworld
- San Diego Comfort Inn
- Comfort Inn San Diego
- Comfort Inn Suite Zoo Sea World
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether it's for a family vacation, a romantic getaway or when you're traveling on business, you can’t beat the friendly service and comfortable accommodations offered at the Comfort Inn & Suites Zoo/SeaWorld. This Choice Hotels’ Gold Hospitality Award winner offers a convenient location, excellent service and extra amenities, all backed by our Signature Guarantee. -Located on San Diego’s famous Hotel Circle, 5 minutes to SeaWorld, Zoo, Downtown and San Diego’s world-famous beaches -Five minutes from the new Riverwalk Golf Course and Mission and Fashion Valley Malls -Free deluxe breakfast buffet includes an assortment of pastries and muffins, toast, fresh fruit, choice of hot and cold cereals with milk, espresso, coffee, tea and a variety of juices. -Winner of Choice Hotels’ Gold Hospitality Award recognizing exceptional service, facilities and hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Choice Hotels, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Comfort Inn & Suites Zoo / SeaWorld Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.